Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

peter4918 wrote:
    Disappointing for anyone who may have pre-ordered SM 3d All stars from Base.

That was me last night! Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Much more options with normal switch. Portable , docked , couch multi player, table top ... Some games are hard to play portable as the fonts can be too small. Also, you can't really play 4 player mario kart/smash/etc on a little screen ... The AAA Nintendo games deserve a big screen at least sometimes ... certainly mario galaxy/Odyssey/BOTW/kart/... You can replace the joycons if they break ... dock is handy for charging controllers ... HD rumble in joycons ... larger portable screen ... Classic switch Neon blue/red... The original and best colours :)

Unless you are die hard portable only ...

Bought the normal and got Luigis Mansion with it to ease me back into playing games. Should be a game I can complete in a week or two. Also got the pro controller!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Screw that I'll be happy with one copy on Friday I can switch between switches ;)

Bastards selling pre-orders for 4 times RRP on eBay

Am hoping to pick up Void Bastards on Cart on Friday too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

peter4918 wrote: »

Don't know anything but considering that the likes of Smyths, Gamestop and in particular Amazon are still taking pre-orders I wouldn't be stunned if there was delays or maybe some cancellations in other places once they start shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Bought the normal and got Luigis Mansion with it to ease me back into playing games. Should be a game I can complete in a week or two. Also got the pro controller!

I don't like LM so far. But I plan to get back to it. Hope you like it. Remember if you get physical Nintendo first party games you can trade easily in e.g. CEX and get a good price.

I highly recommend BOTW and Mario Odyssey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

Screw that I'll be happy with one copy on Friday I can switch between switches ;)

Bastards selling pre-orders for 4 times RRP on eBay

Am hoping to pick up Void Bastards on Cart on Friday too

Nintendo are creating this bull**** with their limited time crap. If I don't get a copy I don't care. I've played 64 and Galaxy before. Sunshine can wait. This and their one save per console in animal crossing is just greedy meanness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

nix wrote: »
    You sure that wasnt from doing something else? Like the make a wish list promo?

No, have never done that. It seems to have been a promotion applied for a certain amount of time and when a certain amount were redeemed it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just got an email from Shopto.

My copy is in the warehouse (3D Allstars).

I paid 42 euro plus 6 euro recorded delivery.

The sterling price was £42 so I am wondering did I take advantage of a Shopto pricing error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

4 games for online service next week, including Mario Picross and DKC2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Mr E wrote: »

For anyone looking to play through DKC2, I highly recommend the 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ controller. I switched to it from the Pro Controller for playing DKC1 and I found the d pad much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mr E wrote: »
    Wow - a game called "SCAT" - didn't see that coming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hello folks, hoping for some advice. My almost 5 year old is asking for Super Mario Maker game for Xmas already! Will need to invest in a console (he seems keen on gaming and plays games like Mimpi Dreams and Snail Bob on the iPad). The Switch is expensive so I'm wondering...do you guys think a switch is a good buy for a 5 year old and has anyone played Super Mario Maker and do you think he'd manage it?

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Wow - a game called "SCAT" - didn't see that coming....

Yeah be careful googling that.

How have I never heard of the Peace Keepers? Obviously a Final Fight rip off but Ill give it a whirl.

Played DKC2 recently. Not as good as DKC obviously but a nice little game.

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah be careful googling that.

How have I never heard of the Peace Keepers? Obviously a Final Fight rip off but Ill give it a whirl.

Played DKC2 recently. Not as good as DKC obviously but a nice little game.

Take that back! I thought DKC2 improved on the original in every possible way. Level design, control, graphics and soundtrack are all much better IMO.

Take that back! I thought DKC2 improved on the original in every possible way. Level design, control, graphics and soundtrack are all much better IMO.

Yeah all that is true but DKC had that extra bit of Nintendo magic. Particularly on a couple of levels like the Mine Cart ones, Trick Track Trek, Elevator Antics, Tanked Up Trouble, Platform Perils etc. Some of the greatest levels in any platformer ever.

Have played both games in lockdown on the emu. Nice to have them on the switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Hello folks, hoping for some advice. My almost 5 year old is asking for Super Mario Maker game for Xmas already! Will need to invest in a console (he seems keen on gaming and plays games like Mimpi Dreams and Snail Bob on the iPad). The Switch is expensive so I'm wondering...do you guys think a switch is a good buy for a 5 year old and has anyone played Super Mario Maker and do you think he'd manage it?

Thanks a mil

Hard to say. Some children will absolutely love the creative aspect.

Others will get bored quickly because of the lack of direction and story.

What the switch does have is a good catalogue of games for a young child, more so than any other console in my view. The portability is extremely handy, as long as he is careful with it.

If you're set on buying the switch, it might be worth pre ordering Mario 3d all stars and collecting it on Friday. It would have 3 fantastic games that your boy wont have played before, but are totally accessible to someone of that age.

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Hard to say. Some children will absolutely love the creative aspect.

Others will get bored quickly because of the lack of direction and story.

What the switch does have is a good catalogue of games for a young child, more so than any other console in my view. The portability is extremely handy, as long as he is careful with it.

If you're set on buying the switch, it might be worth pre ordering Mario 3d all stars and collecting it on Friday. It would have 3 fantastic games that your boy wont have played before, but are totally accessible to someone of that age.

Thanks so much for that, great help (I'm clueless with gaming and consoles :-) )

Thanks a mil

Coybig_ has you pretty much covered in their comment; just want to add a couple of things.

My son (now 6) has been playing Mario Maker for a couple of years now - he played the first one, on the Wii U, when he was maybe 4½. He needed some help doing it, but he caught on very quickly. He makes better levels than I do now. :pac:

Well worth picking up a stylus if you do decide to get it. Much easier to play the game, but also improves how they hold a pencil for school (in my experience anyway).

I'd get in Mario Kart too if I were you; has a nice steering assist feature, which is really helpful for young kids. (Many of the Nintendo games have some kind of assist like that - Mario Odyssey has a feature where it gives you 6 hit points instead of 3, and they regenerate if you stand still.)

Also, I got a carry case and a screen protector, because, you know.... kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Anyone seen Pikmin 3 at a reasonable release price? 60 quid seems steep enough.

• Advertisement

Coybig_ has you pretty much covered in their comment; just want to add a couple of things.

My son (now 6) has been playing Mario Maker for a couple of years now - he played the first one, on the Wii U, when he was maybe 4½. He needed some help doing it, but he caught on very quickly. He makes better levels than I do now. :pac:

Well worth picking up a stylus if you do decide to get it. Much easier to play the game, but also improves how they hold a pencil for school (in my experience anyway).

I'd get in Mario Kart too if I were you; has a nice steering assist feature, which is really helpful for young kids. (Many of the Nintendo games have some kind of assist like that - Mario Odyssey has a feature where it gives you 6 hit points instead of 3, and they regenerate if you stand still.)

Also, I got a carry case and a screen protector, because, you know.... kids.

Thanks a million Wilfinity, appreciate the advice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Anyone seen Pikmin 3 at a reasonable release price? 60 quid seems steep enough.

What do you expect with the added NAT (Nintendo Added Tax)?

Donkey Kong Country 2, Mario’s Super Picross and The Peace Keepers added today

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Diddy Kong cartwheel takes me back Dixie Kong is great

Kirby Fighters 2 announced and launched today. Looks to be €19.99 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Overcooked 2 is getting another free DLC pack on October 1st, if anyone wants to add Overcooked scraps to their lockdown funsies.

https://twitter.com/Overcookedgame/status/1309447610068070400?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Brilliant about DKC2, only ever played through the first one which is a legendary game (in places).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone have any updates on Disco Elysium?

Can only find a vague "2020" release date for consoles, presume at this stage it is going to slip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone have any updates on Disco Elysium?

Can only find a vague "2020" release date for consoles, presume at this stage it is going to slip.
    Last update was in April when the estimation given for a Switch release was "soon"; so who knows. I imagine a lot of the work will just be migrating that build of Unity to Switch hardware (no idea how good/bad/horrendous Unity plays with Switch)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The original Fire Emblem game being localised for first time, releasing on Switch 04/12.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1319281598731202562?s=19.

It seems to be another 'limited' release, don't know why they are unnecessarily doing that.

Advertisement