Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

For anyone interested in the Ubisoft game Immortals: Fenyx Rising, there's a free demo on Stadia now. Will give you an idea of what to expect when the game comes to Switch later this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Corholio wrote: »
    It seems to be another 'limited' release, don't know why they are unnecessarily doing that.

Maybe they're going to include it in the NES games on NSO after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

There's 100% something happening on 1st of April, surely?

Could the 3D All Stars' games be a beta for the N64, Gamecube and Wii emulators they have developed for NSO? Nintendo will add those three consoles to the NSO from the start of April next year alongside a raft of new NES and SNES games, like Fire Emblem. #Delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

tbahh wrote: »
    Maybe they're going to include it in the NES games on NSO after?

Thought that at first when watching the ad, but with the updates they talked about it seemed that wasn't going to happen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Irish Halo wrote: »
    There's 100% something happening on 1st of April, surely?

Could the 3D All Stars' games be a beta for the N64, Gamecube and Wii emulators they have developed for NSO? Nintendo will add those three consoles to the NSO from the start of April next year alongside a raft of new NES and SNES games, like Fire Emblem. #Delusional

There's speculation and rumours about Galaxy 2 being released as paid DLC for 3D All Stars in December, which to me says Nintendo expects to be able to charge for these games rather than giving them away as part of NSO. I mean, 3D All-Stars has just demonstrated that they can charge top-drawer prices for emulated versions of games from 2-4 generations back. That is very unlikely to translate to "and now you get them free", IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I think Nintendo will do an Oracle of ages and seasons plus The Minish Cap and Twilight Princess Skyward Sword and Wind Waker packs for the Zelda 35th Anniversary early next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I think Nintendo will do an Oracle of ages and seasons plus The Minish Cap and Twilight Princess Skyward Sword and Wind Waker packs for the Zelda 35th Anniversary early next year

Take my money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Fire Emblem up for pre-order on the eShop for €5.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't know if we'll see oracle of ages / seasons, tbh, unless they get the Link's Awakening treatment, or better.
    Skywatd Sword gets a bad rap, but it's a game I really enjoyed, and I'm long overdue a replay, but holding out in case they do decide to release a switch version. It'd work pretty well with the JoyCons in place of the Wii Remote Plus too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hopefully, the plan for the Mario's 35th will give us an idea of what the LoZ might look like.
    Though the bonus disk for the GC LoZ Windwaker is probably the least we should expect, translated to the Switch, along with other goodies.
    The Ninty Online service already has the NES and Snes titles, and Links Awakening is already out, so it does make WindWaker itself, along with Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword all possibles too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I'm thinking the Oracles and Minish Cap will get the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest treatment of a trilogy release while the other 3 more modern would get a release like Mario 3d All-stars no real remake do overs just two games to pacify us until BOTW 2 comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Has anyone/anywhere/anyhow come across any updates for the House of the Dead 1 and 2 remakes that were announced last year? Last I can find is this and it's over a year old.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/house_of_the_dead_1_and_2_are_coming_to_switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Botw2, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 TBA

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/nintendo_reconfirms_release_windows_for_major_switch_games_with_plenty_being_tba

Totally Bad Ass
    Totally Blown Away
    To Be Axed
    'Twill Be August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Botw2, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 TBA

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/nintendo_reconfirms_release_windows_for_major_switch_games_with_plenty_being_tba

Totally Bad Ass
    Totally Blown Away
    To Be Axed
    'Twill Be August
    :eek::D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

These have to be the last titles on the current iteration of the Switch hardware, remembering the Snes days and the great games that emerged in its final flourish, such as Kirbys Dreamland 3.
    It might not have sold a lot but it was a technical marvel and an excellent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Serious Sam Collection for Switch announced. Releases 17 November.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1326171259986731010?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent! Serious Sam 1, 2 and 3 (plus expansions).
    Love those games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Never played the original but I know it has its fans

Most of the Bit Trip games are coming to Switch on Christmas Day.
    These were wiiware games back in the day and I loved them.

Bit.Trip Core
    Bit.Trip Void
    Bit.Trip Runner
    Bit.Trip Fate
    Bit.Trip Flux
    Bit.Trip Beat

No sign of Runner 2 though (yet?)

They'll be £5.99 each, but 60% off if you own one of them (so about £2.40 each after the first one).
    Don't know the euro equivalent so I assume €6.99 and €2.80 for the discounted games.

A collection would be better, though.

These are from Qubic games, so they will be heavily discounted eventually. :)

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/original_bit_trip_games_confirmed_for_switch_via_surprise_eshop_listing

Mr E wrote: »
    Most of the Bit Trip games are coming to Switch on Christmas Day.
    These were wiiware games back in the day and I loved them.

Bit.Trip Core
    Bit.Trip Void
    Bit.Trip Runner
    Bit.Trip Fate
    Bit.Trip Flux
    Bit.Trip Beat

No sign of Runner 2 though (yet?)

They'll be £5.99 each, but 60% off if you own one of them (so about £2.40 each after the first one).
    Don't know the euro equivalent so I assume €6.99 and €2.80 for the discounted games.

A collection would be better, though.

These are from Qubic games, so they will be heavily discounted eventually. :)

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/original_bit_trip_games_confirmed_for_switch_via_surprise_eshop_listing

This is fantastic news, they are cracking games.
    As you say, a collection akin to the Bit.Trip Saga and Bit.Trip Complete on the 3DS and Wii respectively would have been much better.
    And, while I'm dreaming, the games all on a physical cart with the soundtracks as well!

But, I will be buying these, great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Can we get a checkpoint system in Runner? Weird how 2 & 3 ramped up the difficulty but are considerably less frustrating as an experience thanks to properly dividing up its stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    These have to be the last titles on the current iteration of the Switch hardware...

I hope the next Switch is fully backwards compatible. Maybe it's my age but tbh I think game graphics have almost plateaued now - like get BOTW at an upscaled 4K and I'm happy. Had a quick look at Digital Foundry's Sackboy tests there and the difference between the PS4 Pro and the PS5, well it's obviously there but you know I kind of have to squint...

I'm guessing it always looks this way at the start of a gen as devs don't know the new hardware but the jump definitely seem smaller now. I really hope the graphics arms race is done and the focus goes to 60fps (or more!) and fast loading/on/resume times etc. Queue some seismic change that upends everything :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Bit Trip Beat is a stone cold classic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

How's the Outer Worlds these days? Did it ever get patched into something a little better? I see there was talk back in October that switch would get another patch after the other systems' own...

https://www.twitter.com/OuterWorlds/status/1314250999788265472

1.2 came out in October. Read more info here (also check out comments)

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/10/the_outer_worlds_on_switch_has_been_updated_to_version_1_2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doom Eternal releases for Switch Tuesday December 8th, digital only.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1333425631372201986?s=19.

Pity there's no retail release but least it wasn't pushed till next year. Gyro aiming makes it a great experience too.

It's very good, will this release include the DLC I wonder, or will we be spending more there?
    I already have it on Stadia, one digital copy at a time!
    Might get it for the PS5/XBsX in the new year as a physical release.

Corholio wrote: »
    Doom Eternal releases for Switch Tuesday December 8th, digital only.

Pity there's no retail release but least it wasn't pushed till next year. Gyro aiming makes it a great experience too.

wonder how this will pan out, especially on handheld

the id tech 7 engine is a lot more demanding

Interesting that the 2 guys from panic button talked about the porting process but very little about how it runs on switch

seemed a bit reticent to say anything about that in advance of release....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

IIRC Panic Button have a good CV of migrating intensive games to Switch, so with that in mind I'd be fairly confident they'll do a good job. Any reticence might be more about keeping expectations relatively grounded. Set them too high and the backlash would be quite vocal.

Advertisement