Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

pixelburp wrote: »
    IIRC Panic Button have a good CV of migrating intensive games to Switch, so with that in mind I'd be fairly confident they'll do a good job. Any reticence might be more about keeping expectations relatively grounded. Set them too high and the backlash would be quite vocal.

yes they have a good record

the engine is a good bit more demanding this time around though compared to Doom 2016 (which could run on a laptop with integrated graphics - no chance of that with eternal) so I was looking out for what they were going to say

after the long delay and with 0 switch footage shown either I thought that it was effectively cancelled tbh

will be good to have on switch but it's such a fast-paced game it's really designed for high framerate

Seems good.

They had to drop a couple of effects from last time e.g. motion blur, to get the 30fps

Still a great job obviously.

Expensive though for a game that has been out on other platforms for a while now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That sounds like an improvement then, 'cos I hate motion blur :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

glasso wrote: »
    Seems good.

They had to drop a couple of effects from last time e.g. motion blur, to get the 30fps

Still a great job obviously.

Expensive though for a game that has been out on other platforms for a while now.

hmm ships with Doom64 if buying early (which I already have) though if they had offered Doom for free with it instead it would be an instabuy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I see LOL: Wild Rift is launching on the Switch. Played a little on my phone there and get the feeling it will fit perfectly with handheld mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mrcheez wrote: »
    if they had offered Doom for free with it instead it would be an instabuy.

Yeah. Thing is I already have both games on Xbox with Game Pass, but if they offered me a Switch double pack, I think I'd bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Ghosts 'n Goblins coming in February from Capcom. :)

Capcom Arcade Stadium, coming in February. 1943 free, other games sold in bundles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mr E wrote: »
    Capcom Arcade Stadium, coming in February. 1943 free, other games sold in bundles.

1943 will do me. Love that game, won't need to buy any more, although Commando.....

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I need a Switch. Trailer just released for Monster Hunter Rise. NEED! Best place to get one? Ebay? Second hand one would be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New Ghosts 'n Goblins coming in February from Capcom. :)

Looks like they made it easier:
    Taking more than 2 hits.
    What looks like checkpoints.
    And the most obvious sign: he made it past level 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looks like they made it easier:
    Taking more than 2 hits.
    What looks like checkpoints.
    And the most obvious sign: he made it past level 1.

Kinda looks like a Flash game :D

will still probably get it though! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Ugh was hoping they would drop a botw2 teaser last night at the last of us awards show. Sorry the game awards show :)

hmm ships with Doom64 if buying early (which I already have) though if they had offered Doom for free with it instead it would be an instabuy.

Framerate seems fairly solid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Yeah, looks ok then yuck at the same time.
    Was hoping for something a LOT better for 2020.
    They need a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze type resurrection for Ghosts and Goblins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, I had high hopes when the graphics were first "drawn" in at 0:08 as I thought it might have some form of hand-drawn aesthetic....but then the true graphics came in. What even is this style called? Is it just "the flash game" style?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah, I had high hopes when the graphics were first "drawn" in at 0:08 as I thought it might have some form of hand-drawn aesthetic....but then the true graphics came in. What even is this style called? Is it just "the flash game" style?

Exact same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

chrislad wrote: »
    Exact same!

Flat, lifeless (animation = to bring to life, so anti-animation :) ) gaming.

Thinking also, that the Ori and Will of the Wisps team could do a brilliant job on Ghosts and Goblins. The game deserves more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It look manufactured. Basically, like it came from a framework, and they used the built in parts. It doesn't look bad, it just looks like the lowest possible effort - something akin to Cuphead (which is like a bit of a spiritual successor to G+G) would look fantastic (I don't mean the 30s vibe, but the animated look)

New NES and SNES games on the way (including DKC3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

My wait for Mystical Ninja and Faxanadu goes on, stoked for Dixie Kong though Donkey Kony Country 3 is a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tuff e Nuff was epic Jaleco made some great scrolling beatemups Rival Turf was my favourite

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My wait for Mystical Ninja and Faxanadu goes on, stoked for Dixie Kong though Donkey Kony Country 3 is a classic.

I remember having a ball with the DKC trilogy on the SNES the first time around, I still have the carts, nice to see them again, hopefully a whole new generation or two getting to play them for the first time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see Dicey Dungeons has made it to the eShop, instant buy from me, as are all of Terry Cavanagh's games.
    Pity they've not seen fit to release Super Hexagon on the Switch, an outstanding title

I was watching a preview video for Switch games coming out this year and this one stood out for me - Rune Fencer Illyia.
    Looks great and has a definitely Hollow Knight vibe about it.
    Out on Steam and Switch this year.

Square have really pushed the boat out with their

Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend collection.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSMBX_fRa2Q

Just to make sure you know these 1980's games were on the gameboy

Bf8gg48.png

Today at 2...

rssCplL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Today at 2...

rssCplL.jpg

3D World is a beautiful game. I hope Bowser's fury is a substantial upgrade or I'm not buying.

Hmmm ... the inside of that steel book is waaaaaaaaay nicer than the outside.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/try_not_to_be_jealous_of_the_fancy_super_mario_3d_world_steelbook_edition_that_south_korea_is_getting

You just DON'T get this with digital downloads. :)

super-mario-3d-world-bowsers-fury-steelbook-asia-05.original.jpg

I'm thinking 3d World on Switch will be huge just as AC is.
    (a) It's a brilliant game
    (b) It's got universal appeal
    (c) Multi player
    (d) It's got cats.
    (e) Huge number of Switch players out there. Most won't have heard of this before. Minds will explode.
    (f) Covid/lockdown tonic.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dang it! I want planning on buying this, since already completed it on Wii U. Will see how long the add on is before deciding

Nintendo - don't you make me double dip again!
    Definitely a song title there somewhere :) "don't you make me double dip again!"
    :)

There is a new Switch model coming out with this game:
    switch1.original.jpg

Advertisement