Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there more due to be announced for the Zelda anniversary? Only ten days left in Feb

Think that could be it! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭McFly85

€60 though. Seems steep. When you consider the Mario 3D All Stars bundle was the same price.

The more I think about it, the more galling I find it. The game is 10 years old this year, and they're charging full price for a port with some modified controls. I know Nintendo have been at this for years, but we are at a time now where devs are offering free upgrades of old games for new systems, and nowhere else would you expect to pay full price for a 10 year old port.

I would love to see this tank, but it's Zelda so it will do well, and Nintendo will rake it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if they'll have a bundle with the joycon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

McFly85 wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more galling I find it. The game is 10 years old this year, and they're charging full price for a port with some modified controls. I know Nintendo have been at this for years, but we are at a time now where devs are offering free upgrades of old games for new systems, and nowhere else would you expect to pay full price for a 10 year old port.

I would love to see this tank, but it's Zelda so it will do well, and Nintendo will rake it in.
    It's especially hilarious as it was a Zelda with such a poor legacy that Nintendo pretty much had to soft reboot the franchise. Aonuma was all like 'please just give it a chance' in last night's presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there more due to be announced for the Zelda anniversary? Only ten days left in Feb

There will be loads to announce. Its only Feb now. SSHD kicks it all off In July I guess.
    Id say we will get a Collection of some sorts for a Sept release. Just like Mario 3D Collection, announced in August, Released in Sept. Give it a bit of time, Nintendo like their surprises.

Sounds like there will be a port or 'remaster' of the DS games later in the year. That will be interesting, I really enjoyed both of those games.

I'd say BOTW2 will come out Next March (2022) along with a New Switch of some kind to push big sales.

Looking forward to SSHD myself. I loved it on the Wii back in the day. But I understand why people dont think of it fondly now. The motion controls could be finicky at times. Hopefully thats all fixed with the Joycons, but, just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

McFly85 wrote: »

I'm gonna hold off on this and probably pick it up second hand sometime down the line. I've never played it but I'm in no rush to either. As much an all as I want to play past zelda games. BOTW was the first I've played in the series.

As Zeldas go, it’s fine. The main selling point was the motion controls which ended up being more annoying than anything. Also the game almost hated letting you solve anything yourself, near constant pop ups trying to help you. Get it for anything around €20 would be worth it.

Link to the Past, Links Awakening, Orcarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Wind Waker, Minis Cap & Link Between Worlds are all worth your attention first!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It slipped under the radar but the Neo Geo Pocket port of SNK vs. Capcom is on the Switch. One of the all time great fighting games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How will you pan the camera if you use the right stck to swing your sword?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Doodah7

TitianGerm wrote: »

I assume either the R and L or Zr and Zl triggers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It slipped under the radar but the Neo Geo Pocket port of SNK vs. Capcom is on the Switch. One of the all time great fighting games.

I have most of these as I bought them on release, back in the day, though I haven't played the NGPC in a long time... must check the batteries!
    Still, the games are pretty great, The Last Blade is my favourite on the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Skyward Sword didn't have camera controls, just the lock on style pivot, otherwise the camera follows Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Possibly press the right stick inwards will be in effect they have months to figure it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium would like a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »

First of all, I can't believe D2 is 20 years old. It might... might be my most played game ever. I've never had to double dip though, still have my original discs for it and LoD. I'm double-dipping now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can't wait to get Mario golf when it's out. Have had a real hankering for a golf game the last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Can't wait to get Mario golf when it's out. Have had a real hankering for a golf game the last while.

Looks like a lot of fun. I'd say this could be a huge seller if they get it right.

Mario Golf Advance Tour is still one of my favourite games of all time, I still play it on occasion.

Camelot’s more recent sports entries have great mechanics but are feature light. Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis aces were fun, but you’d have seen everything they have to offer over a few hours.

To make this one worthwhile, it needs a deeper single player experience. The early footage makes me hopeful about it, but I’m still wary it’ll be a basic enough affair with the majority of the focus being on the super rush mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Been playing a lot of PGA 2k21 with mates recently and thats a great game to scratch that golf itch if you can't wait for Mario Golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I've found, in terms of golf games, I can't quite move past simpler graphics. Played the Hell out of Mario Golf on the Gameboy Colour and Golf Story was a return to that simplicity and charm. If this Mario Golf game can do that without getting bogged down in technical stuff, I might give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You would've loved Crazy Gold on the Spectrum 128k. Can't say those graphics weren't simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    I've found, in terms of golf games, I can't quite move past simpler graphics. Played the Hell out of Mario Golf on the Gameboy Colour and Golf Story was a return to that simplicity and charm. If this Mario Golf game can do that without getting bogged down in technical stuff, I might give it a shot.

Agreed - I used to LOVE Hot Shots/Everybodys Golf on the PSP - It was a simple golf game, just a series of characters, clubs, and golf courses. I was excited to get the PS4 version, and they had this whole world of walking around, talking to people, trying to find where to tee off etc.

Turned me off the game completely. I know they're going for immersion, but sometimes, people just want to play the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Doodah7

chrislad wrote: »
    Agreed - I used to LOVE Hot Shots/Everybodys Golf on the PSP - It was a simple golf game, just a series of characters, clubs, and golf courses. I was excited to get the PS4 version, and they had this whole world of walking around, talking to people, trying to find where to tee off etc.

Turned me off the game completely. I know they're going for immersion, but sometimes, people just want to play the game!

Everybody's Golf on PS4 is still the only game I have platinumed out of hundreds on PS Vita and Playstation I have played over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere but is on the eShop already for €19.99

Blizzard Arcade Collection with Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing and BlackThorne.

Seems to be several versions of each including "definitive editions"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

TIL Blizzard did arcade games :)

EDIT: Actually it's console ports? Where does the arcade reference come in?

Ghost and Goblins Resurrection reviewed well if you liked that type of game

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/ghosts-n-goblins-resurrection

glasso wrote: »
    Ghost and Goblins Resurrection reviewed well if you liked that type of game

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/ghosts-n-goblins-resurrection

Sounds hard !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Too expensive for what it is. I'll grab in a sale for sure, though. Hope there is a demo!

• Advertisement

Not sure it's reviewing well either, GameSpot gave it 4.
    I think it's probably best to wait a long while for the price to drop and consensus to converge.

Advertisement