Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Japan will be getting Dragon Quest Builders 2. No idea if this will come West, if I was to guess I'd say probably not. Though who knows as it doesn't look Japanese voice or text heavy.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Streamed Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euG4FL3QjpM

At Dragon Quest Summer Festival 2017 also announced for release in Japan by Square Enix are the first 3 DQ games.

My son has had a ball with the first one, might be worth importing for me, if it's not making the journey to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Next batch of ACA Neo Geo titles coming to switch are Magician Lord, Puzzled, Zed Blade, Raguy / Blue's Journey, Spinmaster, and Art of Fighting.

I love Blues Journey (I still have one of the high scores on the MAME Action Replay page), so I'll be getting that for sure. :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/the_next_wave_of_aca_neo_geo_titles_for_switch_is_confirmed

My Switch has pretty much been resigned to gather dust. Between all the ports and the indie games, which might last 5 hours but charge €20(!), it feels like there just isn't anything of interest for me until October, which is when the new Mario is released. Feels like I'm still waiting for that game which'll make the Switch worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The game was so poorly received I've little passion for it anymore.
    Heck, I've Rare Replay there on the XB1 with the two Banjo games on it, I probably already own much of what Yooka Laylee has to offer already.

I think by the time you get Yooka Laylee on the switch, or by the time I can afford a switch, a good chunk of the irritants will have been patched, as us poor suckers playing it on Xbox have play tested it for you.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

My Switch has pretty much been resigned to gather dust. Between all the ports and the indie games, which might last 5 hours but charge €20(!), it feels like there just isn't anything of interest for me until October, which is when the new Mario is released. Feels like I'm still waiting for that game which'll make the Switch worth it.

That's a shame. It's the complete opposite for me, I've been neglecting my PC and that hasn't happened in years. There's at least a couple of big releases a month as well as smaller titles that have caught my interest.

Overcooked being the latest one, I bought it to play with my girlfriend and son and it's the most fun I've had from a local co-op game in a long time. Complete chaos at times

Hopefully the game releases pick up over the coming months and you get more enjoyment out of it.

€20 for a 5 hour well designed indie game is ok to me though. Plenty of AAA games don't offer much more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can I ask you, how hard is Overcooked to get to grips with? I'm toying with the idea of "emigrating to south africa" for 2 minutes to pick it up for €16, mainly to play with my kids at the weekend. Could you enjoy it if you, say, struggled to beat the Snipperclips Demo due to an inability to stop drive-by-snipping eachother to pieces and then punching eachother in the thigh repeatedly?

How does overcooked play as a single player experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

How does overcooked play as a single player experience?

It's one of my favourite multiplayer games for years. It's possible to play single player, pressing X to change characters but it's a boring and easy experience. The challenge is in delegating and juggling tasks and communicating through frantic shouting with others.

Very easy to get to grips with I thought and my young lad is 10 and had no trouble.

But when the orders are stacking up, lettuce and tomatoes haven't been chopped, dirty dishes are blocking the sink, half of the ovens are on fire all while your kitchen is breaking in half due to an earthquake with the fire extinguisher on the opposite side you might land yourself in some hot water by not choosing your words carefully!

pcadhain wrote: »
    It's one of my favourite multiplayer games for years. It's possible to play single player, pressing X to change characters but it's a boring and easy experience. The challenge is in delegating and juggling tasks and communicating through frantic shouting with others.

So it's a pretty awful single player experience?

I'm scrolling through the games and nothing is jumping at me at all. Maybe I Am Setsuna, but I'm not massively into JRPGs

• Advertisement

I'm scrolling through the games and nothing is jumping at me at all. Maybe I Am Setsuna, but I'm not massively into JRPGs

Soooo... what are you into? And while you're thinking about that, why not buy Arms and give it a bash?

Banjo wrote: »
    Soooo... what are you into? And while you're thinking about that, why not buy Arms and give it a bash?

From what I've heard it wouldn't be worth full retail value with what is currently available. €60 is just out of what I'd be willing to pay for something like that. I want a good single player experience. That offers more heft than 5 hours worth of gameplay, which, realistically rules out most of the independent games.

Luke, uhm not troyin tue tyel yue huw tue leef yurr loife bot eef yurr weeleen tue taiyk uh breef treep tue soofafreekah uhm shoorr yuel loike thu proisez thurr mooch beeter.

By which I mean, Arms is "only" around €45 on the ZA eShop. I've been playing it pretty solidly for 2 weeks and enjoying it, although if you're any good at it you might not get the same joy out of the gradual iterative improvements you see in your own vs-CPU game, and without the incentive of Online, which is locked behind beating the CPU level 4 boss you might not be arsed at all... but then, Splat2n is aroudn the same price... And while you're there, you can spend the 15 euro you saved on the Irish price on Minecraft or Overcooked :D

Edit : I'm not going to keep spamming the thread, but re: below - yes it bloody is! I'm telling you, I'm having a blast playing Arms single player. It's miserable online, everyone kicks my arse, but between CPU3-5 I find I can have satisfying matches that make me feel like beeg strong man!

But not one of them are decent single player experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote:
    Next batch of ACA Neo Geo titles coming to switch are Magician Lord, Puzzled, Zed Blade, Raguy / Blue's Journey, Spinmaster, and Art of Fighting.

When's re we getting that football game they did? Name escapes me but you could do super shots and it was done in a anime exaggerated style?

No idea, sorry.

In other news, Axiom Verge for Switch is out on October 17th.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/axiom_verge_launches_on_switch_on_17th_october

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Super Sidekicks, and it's already on the Switch, via Eshop, afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

17th October is ages away :(

Apparently Severed has a surprise release today, from the Guacamelee devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygx4zaMhkk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Super Sidekicks, and it's already on the Switch, via Eshop, afaik

After fevered googling turn out it was Football Champ

https://youtu.be/_ohSxU1KLBw

They used to have it in the Bowling Alley in Stillorgan back in the day. A Switch release is probably unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Apparently Severed has a surprise release today, from the Guacamelee devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygx4zaMhkk

Really fun game, played it on the Vita but I'm sure sure how it could be played in docked mode. The touch controls are intrinsic to it.

Really fun game, played it on the Vita but I'm sure sure how it could be played in docked mode. The touch controls are intrinsic to it.

I guess it will be like VOEZ and be handheld only.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Brawlout - Hyper Light Drifter Reveal - Coming to Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WDbnzFTgX0

Hhmmm! It looks vaguely similar to another fighting game. ;)

Vaguely. :D

Clever though - if it's balanced, a good game, and it's online, it'll sell like hot cakes.

This wasn't on my radar at all, but I see that Ironcast (out tomorrow on Switch) just got a 9/10 on Nintendo Life. I'm juggling about five match 3 games on my phone, so this is right up my alley. It came out last year on XONE and PS4 and it supposed to be hard as hell - it's a roguelike where RNG features heavily and bad luck can cost you a game no matter how skillful you are.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/ironcast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Cool !
    I had been looking for a decent match 3 and had been playing Boost Beast (it's OK - not great but not terrible)

https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/895389679943532544

Super Meat Boy on the way. Old but a classic imo, although it kicked my arse for a long time too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mutant Mudds Deluxe also confirmed for Switch by Atooi.

https://twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/status/895399131698561025

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Super Meat Boy on the way. Old but a classic imo, although it kicked my arse for a long time too

Corholio wrote:
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe also confirmed for Switch by Atooi.

Liking this. I own both but both are a good fit for the console.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

When is sonic mania out again ?.

Advertisement