Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Not sure it's reviewing well either, GameSpot gave it 4.
    I think it's probably best to wait a long while for the price to drop and consensus to converge.

after 31 reviews the average is 74

31 reviews is a consensus number

Gamespot review is well outside the normal range

sounds like the reviewer didn't really get the game tbh

Needs to get gud. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr E wrote: »

Aw, nice one! I was hoping this would see a Switch release!

Worth checking out the Ghostrunner demo for the first time or again if you have already - it's gotten quick a big update in terms of the graphics quality and also framerate

the demo will give you an idea if it's a game for you or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

chrislad wrote: »
    Aw, nice one! I was hoping this would see a Switch release!

Likewise! Played these to death when they originally came out. Hopefully they hold up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

A new game called Cathedral is out on Switch this week.
    It has a 20% launch discount (taking it under a tenner in Russia, or just €11 here).
    Goes full price tomorrow night.

Think Shovel Knight crossed with Ghosts & Goblins, in a Metroidvania wrapper (over 600 rooms).
    Definitely wears its NES influences on its sleeve.

I've been waiting for a while for this and I'm looking forward to playing it (I preloaded last night).

Just passed another area this morning (3rd I think). Loving this game. Hair-tearing in places though. Have to practice using the shield more. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Check out this Twitter account for a load of new Indie games for Switch and updates.

https://twitter.com/newgameplusexpo

It's possibly too many to post here. I was copying and pasting elsewhere earlier, maybe I should have put them here as well. Oh well. I have the last one at least still in the clipboard.

The Silver Case 2425 - Announcement Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=an3qxGtTfkQ
    Dive into a dark world of mystery and intrigue with The Silver Case 2425! Experience renowned game designer SUDA51's take on classic crime thrillers with this 2-in-1 collection, which features The Silver Case and its long-lost sequel, The 25th Ward: The Silver Case.

Coming to Nintendo Switch on July 6, 2021!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If it's about the new Switch then the rumour originated from Bloomberg who are reputable. Nearly every site under the sun has been posting about it since this morning. The increase in screen size is not a lot, and it's thought that it will keep the same form factor, just reduce the bezel area, going from 6.2" to 7". I was hoping for revised, larger Joy-Cons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Grassey wrote: »

OMG omg omg omg has one of the luvvies on the Irish times heard that video games might be relevant now. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Did harvest moon get a physical release? Seems available on smyths but delivery only. Don't want to be buying a digital code or something.
    I want it for the missus for mothers day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    Did harvest moon get a physical release? Seems available on smyths but delivery only. Don't want to be buying a digital code or something.
    I want it for the missus for mothers day.

I ordered it from game stop to be delivered so I'm guessing it's a physical copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Apex Legends is out today, I think its this evening some time over here.
    No cross progression but there is cross play which you can also turn off if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Apex Legends is out today, I think its this evening some time over here.
    No cross progression but there is cross play which you can also turn off if you want

You get 30 levels of progression and a Switch exclusive Pathfinder skin. I'll give it a try but I think I'd be turning off crossplay pretty quickly. Its bad enough being on PS4/5 against PC players at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am surprised this is actually getting a western release on the 12th of March, there is a demo out now for it as well.

Yuji Himukai from the Etrian Odyssey series has done the character designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Superbomberman R coming to all platforms free to play. No longer Stadia exclusive. Crossplay supported.
    Play this regularly on Stadia. Its great craic.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/super_bomberman_r_online_is_ditching_its_stadia_exclusivity_to_launch_on_switch_and_other_consoles#comments

Kaze and the Wild Masks looks like my next game. Out next week.
    9/10 in Nintendo Life and a brilliant modern tribute to Donkey Kong Country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wow that looks amazing

• Advertisement

Music reminds me of klonoa or Tombi! for PS1 definitely have to try that out

Balan Wonderworld my next purchase it looks very entertaining next week too I believe

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Superbomberman R coming to all platforms free to play. No longer Stadia exclusive. Crossplay supported.
    Play this regularly on Stadia. Its great craic.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/super_bomberman_r_online_is_ditching_its_stadia_exclusivity_to_launch_on_switch_and_other_consoles#comments

So this is just the online bit, as I understand it - but still, multiplayer bomberman has always been the best part of those games.

I wonder whether it will be gated behind NSO?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

Kaze and the Wild Masks looks like my next game. Out next week.
    9/10 in Nintendo Life and a brilliant modern tribute to Donkey Kong Country.

About a year or so ago, the developers released a free beta on steam for a weekend. Played it for a couple of hours and it really impressed me. I've kept my eye out for it since as I thought it would be great to play on Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Balan Wonderworld my next purchase it looks very entertaining next week too I believe

I'd recommend playing the demo first, before deciding to splash the cash. I thought it was dreadful, but maybe you'll like it, or have already played the demo.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Day one patch incoming due to backlash from the demo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd wait until reviews for the updated game are out, and even then I would be after the physical version if it is any good.

There is only so much that can be done to polish a turd

Most switch ports like this just can't justify the time, cost and effort of something like panic button's doom eternal have had invested in them

Even in their case I wonder if the investment was recouped

To be honest the id engines are relatively undemanding and optimised to start with

Getting doom eternal to run well on the equivalent of current budget smartphone specs is quite the achievement really

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Balan is a turd across all formats, not just Switch.
    The Switch release has its problems but the power differential isn't one of them, despite the visuals being disappointing on the Switch console.

As for your other negative comments, I don't know how much money Bethesda have made from the ports and releases to the Switch, to be sure they were uniformly excellent if not astonishing.

One would have thought they could only have generated positive responses from Switch owners but, it seems, in your case at least that the game is great isn't enough, no, you need to see Bethesda's balance sheet as well before the likes of Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein can be considered a boon for the Switch gamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Easy to forget the Switch at essence is the size of a phablet. What it's managed to do with many ports is extraordinary. Obviously if you have a playstation or Xbox and are happy to just play at home, you'll go with the version on one of those consoles for its technical superiority. On the other hand if Switch is your only console or you really value the handheld aspect, then at least you have the option.

Advertisement