Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yeah well thats just like their opinions mannnn!!!

Never pay attention to people paid to play video games they will lie to continue to be paid to continue to lie its the circle jerk of life

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah well thats just like their opinions mannnn!!!

Never pay attention to people paid to play video games they will lie to continue to be paid to continue to lie its the circle jerk of life

People pay attention when the scores agree with their predetermined opinions, and when it doesn't, they attack them... all before playing the damn thing.

I'll buy it when it is discounted, there's plenty of golf games out there with tons of content if I really want to play one, this one looks great but I'm not paying new game money for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Still like the look of the new Mario Golf, I just wish they had different pricing for what I'd consider their 2nd tier games, same as the rereleases of Advance Wars. I like the idea, but again it should never be sixty quid at launch.

I'll stick to Leaderboard on the ZX Spectrum until then :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I'd love to get Mario Golf tomorrow throughly enjoyed the N64 Gamecube and 3ds versions but I have 45 switch games some like Sakuna of Rice and Ruin and Ys Origins that I haven't seen past the first 15 minutes, bloody botw Fire Emblem and Pokemon Sword and Shield are sirens too difficult to ignore the inevitable 25/30% off on the eshop come September on Mario Golf is also in my mind as its only 12 weeks away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'll stick to Leaderboard on the ZX Spectrum until then :pac:

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge anyone? :pac:
    YECQ6fD6fUrJwAcq5

buy me bonestorm or go to hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Monster Hunter Stories 2 Trial Version is now available in Europe.

Tony Hawk out and looks to have made a good transition to the Switch.

Ideal handheld game even if the joy cons hold it back somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

glasso wrote: »
    Tony Hawk out and looks to have made a good transition to the Switch.

Ideal handheld game even if the joy cons hold it back somewhat.

except nowhere seems to actually be selling physical copies from what i can see so far, unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

except nowhere seems to actually be selling physical copies from what i can see so far, unfortunately
    Shopto have it on preorder for about €40 delivered if that's of use? God knows when it'll arrive though.

I really want to get this but have just too many games on the go at the moment. Might try and hold off until I'm closer to finishing a few of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

glasso wrote: »
    Tony Hawk

Tony Hawk opted for royalties instead of a one-off lump sum payment for his involvement in the series.

Genius.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Tony Hawk opted for royalties instead of a one-off lump sum payment for his involvement in the series.

Genius.

Hawk might have heard a little at that point about a certain Michael Jordan and his Air Jordan deal with Nike.

Nike have paid Jordan an estimated $1.3 billion to date off the back of that deal as of March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Argos has stock available tomorrow for €48

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&productId=1949010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Argos has stock available tomorrow for €48

picked a copy up in there on friday after checking online on a whim, nothing was showing up online until friday afternoon but was near an argos anyway. definitely feeds the nostalgia fairly adequately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Argos all out now. There are a couple of copies on eBay but UK based. What's the story with ordering from uk on ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

any reason why this isn't more available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Had put it on back order with Shopto last week, just received email to say it had reached their warehouse and payment was taken this morning also.
    Looks like they have more available if anyone is still looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Optional help from Fi with Hints
    Motion and Button-only controls
    Enhanced framerate (60fps)
    Fast-forward dialogue
    Streamlined item information
    Skippable cutscenes

I assume no constant battery reminders from Fi as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pre ordered 100% because of the button only controls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As I said before the wording in the trailer only mentions button controls when playing in handheld mode, but looking online it seems Pro controller is also supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Wasn't really on my radar at all to pick up Skyward Sword but getting pretty tempted at this stage. Have it on Wii but never finished it and definitely getting a hankering for some more Zelda at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

€9.99 in GameStop if you trade in Let's Go Eevee
    I'll be having that. Now to see if I can get the Amiibo too and maybe the joy-cons (bit steep at €84.99)

Shin Megami Tensei V — Story Trailer | Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gu_4XMujHNE

https://twitter.com/NintendoCanada/status/1415370689964613632

Nintendo are hopefully facing some stiff competition.

Steam Deck: First Hands-On With Valve’s Handheld Gaming PC

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oLtiRGTZvGM

Steam Deck :: Tech Specs

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Looks great.. but huge. Definitely see it more as a play-at-home device, but then again do most Switch users play handheld mode at home?

I have a Switch Lite which I generally play when out of the house, which was the reason I originally bought it (have too many TV consoles already)

Super NES - July 2021 Game Updates - Nintendo Switch Online

https://youtube.com/watch?v=etAN0o4LVT0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The bottom of the barrel is gone and they are clawing dirt at this stage.

Time to add some new consoles to the service.

Advertisement