Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

Didn't realise that this pretty cool metroidvania was coming to switch (mid July apparently), especially as it's quite impressive on the graphical front.

Already really well-reviewed on the more powerful platforms

Looks like a resolution / blurgrade hit from the trailer - still will keep the hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Metroid Prime Games Are Coming To Nintendo Switch - Report

Sorry, I should add, this isn't confirmed. It's still a rumour.

"Metroid Prime Remastered is reportedly only a few months away, with remastered versions of the second and third games also planned.

According to Jeff Grubb of GameSpot's sister site Giant Bomb, Nintendo is planning to release Metroid Prime Remastered this holiday season, likely to match up with the 20th anniversary. He also said it's possible dual-stick and gyro controls could both be included, and the improvements will likely be greater in Metroid Prime than in 2 or 3."

I really can’t put any faith into Jeff Grubbs statements. He’s been saying things like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are coming to Switch for years. The Metroid Prime remake/remaster isn’t exactly a new rumour either. They trot out these rumours every few months. Sure they’ll be “right” eventually if you keep saying “it’s coming” for literal years.

Also, I don’t get how Gamespot can call this a “report”. It’s a comment from a guy on a podcast who really doesn’t have any true insider knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Agreed.

Everything from the Wii U has been or will be recycled for the Switch. Except Star Fox Zero, I can't see that happening.

And been rumours for Metroid Prime Trilogy for years. It will be greedy of Nintendo to release them individually though and now I expect this to happen.

Nier Automata could be coming to Switch, journalist suggests

THE SAME JOURNALIST RECENTLY CORRECTLY REPORTED THAT A NINTENDO DIRECT WOULD BE HELD THIS WEEK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just played the PS4 version recently and liked it.

Those in charge of the Spanish Ubisoft site must have caught wind of the leak, because when I checked it now, it just says launching in 2022.

Screenshots and information on the game have leaked as well. You'll find it all in the link.

Big difference between the leaks and all for this and the first game. Remember the reaction to the leaked images before the E3 reveal for the first game and now people are looking forward to any info they can get about this one, as well as the game itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shin-Chan: Me And The Professor On Summer Vacation has me very excited. Read so much about the series and loved 'Attack of the Friday Monsters' so looking forward to finally playing a game in the series.

For anyone who didn't watch the Mini Partner Direct earlier.

The Persona series is coming to Nintendo Switch!

Persona 5 Royal launches 21st October this year. Also getting Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Gaiden, classed as "coming soon".

• Advertisement

Nintendo Treehouse Plays LIVE A LIVE - Nintendo Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think that expresses my feelings on the matter

I remember trying (and failing) to download Half Life 2 over dial-up in 2004! It kept timing out and restarting.

It's almost 20 years old now, and the Switch could definitely (probably) run it well. 🙂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Half Life 2 and the subsequent episodes on Switch would be very cool indeed.

If they can get Team Fortress and Counter Strike on there as well, could be massive

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't know how much interest anyone new to the game would maintain in HL2, to be honest - I remember it being great at the time, but the design of FPS games has evolved since. Attempts to revisit it since have not been entirely forgiving (the Episodes fare better due to their length), and even the Minerva mod (a fantastic demonstration of level design using real-world design principles rather than set-dressing-for-corridors principles) feels fairly of-its-time now.

Of course, I'm talking as someone who played it on release - maybe someone playing it for the first time now might find it interestingly different...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Personally I think HL2 has aged extraordinarily well. Not without its quirks to modern eyes, of course, but booting it up on the Steam Deck recently shows just what a remarkable job they did. Aesthetically it holds up extraordinarily well - for a nearly 20-year-old game, it still looks insanely good. Its physics-based design is still something of an outlier in the genre. And while the FPS has certainly changed and diversified in the interim years, very few games have tried to do what HL did in terms of narrative-driven, linear FPS design. In fact, the only game that has really taken what HL2 and its episodes did and moved forward with it is HL Alyx!

I haven't played the whole thing through in a while, granted, and no doubt there are parts that have aged more than others. But few games outside, well, Nintendo games have aged as elegantly as the HL2 games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Horses for courses, but I could do with never again playing a mute character with apparently beer-flavoured nipples to whom every NPC exposits at length about the plot.

The bridge crossing level and the dune buggy stuff come to mind as things I wouldn't be arsed wading through again, though again I might feel differently if I'd never played it before...

Nintendo Switch – OLED Model Splatoon 3 Edition

This Nintendo Switch – OLED Model Splatoon 3 Edition launches August 26th!

Better images of the Pro Controller.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Advertisement

There’s your new Switch hardware model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

If I can buy a physical copy of Splatoon 3 and it comes with that Pro Controller I'd be tempted. Don't need a new OLED Switch🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

That controller just looks wrong.

Looks like a car with a miscoloured wing

Growbot Trailer Nintendo Switch

A beautiful point&click adventure about a robot saving her home.

https://ashgames.com/GrowbotSwitchUS | https://ashgames.com/GrowbotSwitchEU

Growbot is a 2D point&click adventure about a robot saving her home from a dark crystalline force. Set upon a beautiful biopunk space station bursting with fantastic plants and aliens, you play as Nara, a growbot in training to become a captain. When your station home is attacked by rapidly growing crystals, it's down to you to save it.

The game is inspired by classic adventure games like Loom, modern adventure games like Machinarium, and aims to appeal to both seasoned and new gamers.

Features

• Explore a beautiful space station and repair its strange machinery.

• Interact with fantastic plants and aliens.

• Use your Brain(apilla) to solve puzzles.

• Collect the sounds of flowers and combine them to create powerful shields.

I'm tempted to pre-order F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch before the launch discount ends on Tuesday. The game is out on Tuesday.

It was a well received Metroidvania when it came out - about 80 metacritic for PC/PS5.

The worry I have is that it's an Unreal Engine game, and it did have performance issues on PS5 (so God only knows what it will be like on Switch)

Hopefully some reviews (or even previews) come out tomorrow.

FYI It's €26.99 here with launch discount (€29.99 after that).

However you'll get change from €15 on the Mexican or Brazilian eShops (it goes just over €16 there after launch)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This looked pretty tasty but then you said Unreal Engine. Fingers crossed they made a modicum of effort with the port.

Seems to be getting around 6 or 7 out of 10 on a few different sites. I'll hold on for a while and see if it gets patched.

Performance issues and very slow load times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, that SwitchUp channel on YouTube says it handles well, and is a solid Metroidvania but all the usual Unreal Engine 4 problems on Switch raise their ugly head. Perhaps worth waiting for a patch.

• Advertisement

New multiplayer Kirby

Advertisement