Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    There are some amazing looking games coming out this week. Would you ever f**k off, Nintendo. I can't buy everything. Assholes.

Not sure about Wulverblade, but The Flame in the Flood looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I read the review for Wulverblade on Nintendo Life this morning and they sold me on it. (8/10)

It looks like a very grown up version of Castle Crashers (one of my all time favourite indie games).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

First footage of sci-fi shooter 'Hollow' on Switch.

https://twitter.com/ForeverEntert/status/918497450981314561

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Wulverblade kinda reminds me of Golden Axe, anyone else feeling that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Flame in the Flood any good? It got okay reviews at launch, but was said to be a bit buggy. Seeing as this is a couple years later, and a final edition as such, have those issues been sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doom releases on November 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Corholio wrote: »
    Doom releases on November 10th.

Same week as Skyrim? My credit card, my poor credit card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wut?

Doom?

Skyrim?

Hmm, maybe it is time to get back with the mob, pull a caper or two, make some money and give it all to Nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Doom, LA Noire and Skyrim all the same week ?

Feck This Switch is having a bankrupting effect on my bank balance.

The Switch doesn't have any third party support. Waaaaaaaaah. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Switch doesn't have any third party support. Waaaaaaaaah. :o

Ports, ports everywhere!
    Nintendo hate us all!
    Thieves!
    Haters gonna hate the people that speak the truth!!!
    Attica!
    Attica!
    Attica!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Joke all you want. It's 3 old games with diminished appeal because of their widespread availability and comparatively low price on other platforms launching immediately ahead of one of the 3 most anticipated titles the Switch is going to play host to (BotW and Pokemon, before you ask). And that's before you consider that they're competing with each other! And two of them are from the same publisher!

It's great to see 3rd party support.
    It's not great to see a lack of a coherent vision or long term plan on the part of the publishers.

Banjo wrote: »
    Joke all you want. It's 3 old games with diminished appeal because of their widespread availability and comparatively low price on other platforms launching immediately ahead of one of the 3 most anticipated titles the Switch is going to play host to (BotW and Pokemon, before you ask). And that's before you consider that they're competing with each other! And two of them are from the same publisher!

It's not great to see a lack of a coherent vision or long term plan on the part of the publishers.

Ah, Banjo, never thought you'd say that now, you being Mr Facetious 2008-2017 inclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am in the Usa when skyram doom and la are out.

So I might have a think about what ones to buy more then likely la is going to say bye for another month.

Then there is the new sonic game as well hmmm.

So hard to make up the mind

Also forgot wolfstain 2 out start of the month for the ps4 fml ha

Rumour about Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy on Switch. Massive bucket of salt - will probably never happen.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/rumour_keymailer_lists_crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_for_the_switch

(Nice to see Sligeach in the comments there too.... Come back soon, dude)

I guess, with the current 3rd party ports we are seeing of a certain vintage we need to take a step back.
    A hardware release which, going by recent form, was not going to illicit confidence in developers, has become a sensation.
    Developers want to get on that wagon, but are using safe releases that are not going to tax their resources if the system turned out to be a dud.
    So, we get titles for which there is a cost to porting but the assets are there.
    And we get Skyrim.
    And we get Doom.
    And we get every big indie release of the last few years no doubt as well.
    But it'll be far more telling to watch the release schedule of 2018, with Wolfenstein II on the way it's a much bigger indicator of developers investing significantly in Switch development, rather than leaning on existing titles for an inexpensive way to make revenue from Switch owners.

Also, given the strength of the Nintendo 1st party releases over 2017 the dependency on 3rd party was less intrusive.
    Very few people, early adopters, bought the Switch wishing EA or Ubi titles were coming to the platform.

But again, the coming 12 months may be even more important, certainly one would expect far more sales in the coming year than this one, and you'd expect the release schedule to reflect same, I'm as excited as everyone else as to what it's going to look like.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah, Banjo, never thought you'd say that now, you being Mr Facetious 2008-2017 inclusive.

I saw some **** in that hurricane man. Things that change a man. A little Tannhauser gate in orange robes burst into flames while it crawled along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream, my nightmare. If you could see the things I've seen you wouldn't try to stop me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Banjo wrote: »

Part of me agrees. As a ps4 owner I'll be damned if I'd be paying full price for these ports if I owned a Switch.

Which leads me to my next point, I don't own a Switch yet as I own a Wii U and the aforementioned PS4.

There's no need when the big games are ports of one of the two consoles I already own.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of playing games on a portable but other than that the Switch and its ports for me right now are waaaay too expensive.

As I've said before I'll definately buy one at some point but they're not exactly enticing gamers like me over which is a shame.

Looking forward to Zelda on my Wii U for Christmas.

The wallet is getting a bad doing...October / November is insane for releases....backlog be damned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wasn't there rumours of an xbox release for crash? No reason we couldn't get crash too.

• Advertisement

There's no need when the big games are ports of one of the two consoles I already own.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of playing games on a portable but other than that the Switch and its ports for me right now are waaaay too expensive.

As I've said before I'll definately buy one at some point but they're not exactly enticing gamers like me over which is a shame.

Exactly! They're games we'll all probably buy but only a smaller subset will be compelled to buy day 1. It shouldn't be treasonous to call this out.

And I don't own a PS4. But I've waited this long to play Doom and a lifetime to play Skyrim. Another few months won't kill me and will save me money. But I'm an early Switch adopter, of course I'm buying Odyssey on release.

It's great to see the support but the timing is going to impact our ability to show these 3rd parties our support in kind. And that's going to hurt their bottom line, and you know how reactionary a board driven company can be when testing a new market.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wut?

Doom?

Skyrim?

Hmm, maybe it is time to get back with the mob, pull a caper or two, make some money and give it all to Nintendo!

I'm getting the band back together. We're on a mission from God to pay for all this.

I see the Oldsmobiles are in early this year....

Also, A Games on Sale feature has been added to the E-Shop

Rumour about Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy on Switch. Massive bucket of salt - will probably never happen.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/rumour_keymailer_lists_crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_for_the_switch

(Nice to see Sligeach in the comments there too.... Come back soon, dude)

That would make just so much money, it would be ridiculous how much money it would make.

And now, if they would, can the powers that be also bring Return Fire to the Switch.
    Not a reboot or a remake, I just want a straight port of the 3DO game, the one with the jeep, not the muck the Saturn and the PS got with the hummer instead.
    Return Fire, best local multiplayer game ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just taking a quick look at that video makes me think Desert Strike needs to appear again.

Advertisement