Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moonlighter, an action RPG, is coming early 2018. Looks good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gonna be some form of halloween sale next week for 3DS, Wii U and Switch. So enjoy a 15% discount on something!

Some upcoming file sizes:

MXGP3 – 6.5GB
    Gear.Club Unlimited – 5.3GB
    Lumo – 3.1GB
    Monopoly – 2.8GB
    Farming Simulator: Nintendo Switch Edition – 2.7GB
    Moon Hunters – 1.7GB
    Heroes of the Monkey Tavern – 1.7GB
    Syberia 2 – 1.2GB
    Splasher – 1.2GB
    Monster Jam: Crush It! – 1.1GB
    This is the Police – 1.0GB
    Violett – 726MB
    The Mummy Demastered – 459MB
    Cartoon Network Battle Crashers – 159MB
    Zombie Gold Rush – 106MB
    King Oddball – 61MB
    Knight Terrors – 54MB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr E wrote: »

MXGP3 – 6.5GB
    Lumo – 3.1GB
    Monopoly – 2.8GB
    Moon Hunters – 1.7GB
    Syberia 2 – 1.2GB
    Splasher – 1.2GB
    Violett – 726MB
    Zombie Gold Rush – 106MB
    King Oddball – 61MB
    Knight Terrors – 54MB

Anyone know what Mario Odyssey will weigh in at??

5.7 GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr E wrote: »

MXGP3 – 6.5GB
    Lumo – 3.1GB
    Monopoly – 2.8GB
    Moon Hunters – 1.7GB
    Syberia 2 – 1.2GB
    Splasher – 1.2GB
    Violett – 726MB
    Zombie Gold Rush – 106MB
    King Oddball – 61MB
    Knight Terrors – 54MB

Any word on when MXGP 3 gets released?
    Did a google search but all I can see is "later this year".
    Looks really good. Might be tempted by this one.

New Metroid Castlevania Mummy Demastered is out today.

This was the first review that I've seen. Very positive. A little bit short (5-6 hours) but it sounds like it ticks all the boxes otherwise.

It has a bit of a Dark Souls vibe in that
    if you die, you go back to the previous checkpoint as a new soldier (with starting weapons and abilities), and you have to defeat your previous incarnation to get all your gear back. If you keep dying, you have more old versions to defeat.
    Clever. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, in a nutshell, it's short, enjoyable and pays deference to those of it's genre that have gone before.

Nothing like the movie then!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some piss-take from Microids asking for €30 for Syberia. It's a 15 year old game available for a fraction of that on everything else. I would have bought it if it wasn't such a rip-off.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, in a nutshell, it's short, enjoyable and pays deference to those of it's genre that have gone before.

Nothing like the movie then!

• Advertisement

As long as it doesn't contain infuriating levels of difficulty like Wolverblade

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

The Mario Odyssey pre load is now live.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

The pre load isn't available yet it Europe. Hopefully later on today.

God this looks fantastic. Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King. Out in the Winter.
    Wears its influences on its sleeves, that's for sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aimé on the Switch: ‘I wish we would have more hardware’

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/26/16553374/nintendo-switch-supply-reggie-fils-aime-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aimé on the Switch: ‘I wish we would have more hardware’

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/26/16553374/nintendo-switch-supply-reggie-fils-aime-interview

And he's back :D
    He's timing it perfect saying that to get ready for the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush!

L.A. Noire 4K Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9J6C7t1c8M

https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/12010

Minus the 4K on Switch, naturally, but otherwise hopefully the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

sligeach wrote: »
    L.A. Noire 4K Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9J6C7t1c8M

https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/12010

Minus the 4K on Switch, naturally, but otherwise hopefully the same.

I never finished this on the Xbox. Maybe put 4 hours into it.
    Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

lafors wrote: »
    Is it worth it?

Not according to mos

If you've already lost interest after 4 hours its probably not going to be any better this time

Zelda: Breath of The Wild’s Second Expansion Is Still On Track For This Year, Nintendo Says

https://kotaku.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-s-second-expansion-is-still-o-1819892350

Make sure to check it out. The interview covers much more; the surprise support of GameCube controllers, possibility of classic games, why Miiverse is shutting down altogether, the status of video-on-demand services, My Nintendo Switch-specific rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

lafors wrote: »
    Is it worth it?

i lost interest near the end and probably wont be reinvesting
    i really enjoyed the homicide cases but lost interest when moved to vice would much prefer if it stayed in homicide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

200 games on the eshop.

TIME interview with Reggie. It's not just about Super Mario Odyssey.

The Super Mario Game Everyone Was Waiting For Is Finally Out. Here’s What Nintendo Says About It

http://time.com/5000167/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/

Sonic Forces - Switch vs. PS4 - Visual Comparison Video (Direct-Feed Footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJ_ci6AiS8

The differences are noticeable. I get that the Switch version started later than the others but still. It seems like they're rushing it, remember the game runs at 30fps and in 720p both docked and undocked. Whereas it's full HD and 60fps for the other versions. I thought otherwise it would look the same. At 1:28 shows the most striking difference. I'll get a couple of screengrabs in a few minutes.
    DNNqAmOW0AA29wM.jpg:large

DNNqEqSW4AUGDhh.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Look who's back sligeach.

But anyone I don't compare it to the ps4 as it's a total different console!!!!!.

The switch is a 2 in 1 while the ps4 is a console. Tell me can I play sonic on my ps4 while I have a poo ?. No I can't on my switch I can. You won't even notice the diff due to the screen diff anyway.

As regards to 30 FPS rachet and clank on the ps4 only runs in 30FPS and on the pro in 4k and HDR it's one of the best games I have ever played. I don't expect the same on the switch I expect something that I can pick up and play for 20 mins and put down .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's Sonic Forces.
    It can be in 4k with HDR and THX surround but it's still the same dreadful gameplay they've had since the Dreamcast titles and it remains trash.
    The only time 3D Sonic worked was the hub world on Sonic Jam, on the Saturn.
    I know because I own it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Look who's back sligeach.

But anyone I don't compare it to the ps4 as it's a total different console!!!!!.

The switch is a 2 in 1 while the ps4 is a console. Tell me can I play sonic on my ps4 while I have a poo ?. No I can't on my switch I can. You won't even notice the diff due to the screen diff anyway.

As regards to 30 FPS rachet and clank on the ps4 only runs in 30FPS and on the pro in 4k and HDR it's one of the best games I have ever played. I don't expect the same on the switch I expect something that I can pick up and play for 20 mins and put down .....

30fps + 720p docked + significant loss in visual fidelity does smack of a lack of optimisation. Most games making the jump to Switch have only had to make one or two of those concessions. It does not bode well, and that's before you factor in that it's a 3d Sonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You really worried about sonic games quality? Sonic? You know, the game franchise, which is pretty much a standard, when it comes to poor quality games?

I personally really dont care about all these multiplatform games on switch. If they are pure console ports with lowered down fidelity, then I am good with it. Its not like vita, which had multiplatform game cut down versions, not the real thing for full price. That was the reason it went tits up. Switch can give full multiplatform games in handheld form. Fantastic.

What really grinds my gears, is how they port old multiplatform games to switch. They are putting games that you can get on any platform for less then 15 quid now, but on switch its 60eu. Yes, its new for platform, but its old game, that I wont buy for full price. I feel like I am not the only one. Then publishers of these games will say: well, we port games to this platform and they still dont sale, so why we bother, lets abandon this crapy platform.
    Thing is issues will be not the cut down graphical fidelity or performance, but the actual price.
    I still havent played new doom. I would gladly buy it on switch and play it handheld, but why on earth I would pay 60 quid for it when its on ps4 sale for 11 quid right now.

If you porting old game to switch, then price it accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

All this sass and I'm still here thinking Sonic Colours (Wii) is one of the best 3d platformers of the last generation.

Advertisement