Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What really grinds my gears, is how they port old multiplatform games to switch. They are putting games that you can get on any platform for less then 15 quid now, but on switch its 60eu. Yes, its new for platform, but its old game, that I wont buy for full price. I feel like I am not the only one. Then publishers of these games will say: well, we port games to this platform and they still dont sale, so why we bother, lets abandon this crapy platform.
    Thing is issues will be not the cut down graphical fidelity or performance, but the actual price.
    I still havent played new doom. I would gladly buy it on switch and play it handheld, but why on earth I would pay 60 quid for it when its on ps4 sale for 11 quid right now.

If you porting old game to switch, then price it accordingly.

That's a good point. Apart from those strange, single console owning creatures, you would imagine that the majority of Switches are as a second console. Why would you buy older games at their original full price? Just so you can play it on the ****ter? The publishers know they're taking the piss with that sort of pricing so can't be surprised if they don't sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, you'd expect if the monogamers are so strange and unusual, that the sales projections will be modest and appropriate. But they'll instead have some Lavrignianly ridiculous notions of popularity and market penetration that ignore the kind of obvious factors that even drunkards and manic depressives can see coming a mile off. Ah, software publishers. What Noble and eclectic fish they are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might have considered the Wii and WiiU to be legit 2nd systems but the Switch has a good chance of being the primary games system in a household.
    As long as it's release schedule is strong and it's exclusives are as good as they've been this past 6 months or so, I don't see why a person shouldn't see the Switch purchase throughout 2018 or 19 as a purchase of a primary console.
    The delay of Switch version over versions of a title to the other formats will shrink almost certainly to nothing, as development ramps up.
    Consider too that many 3rd parties took a wait and see attitude through 2017 and now suffer overcoming momentum in order to bring games to market.

The Switch version of a title maybe less graphically impressive than the other editions but the portable nature is an impressive trump card and so may well be the reason for choosing Wolfenstein II on Switch over the PS4 or XB1.

It's a similar argument to why would anyone choose a PS4 copy of Doom over the PC version, which runs smoother at higher resolution and at a cheaper price.
    People do it because the PS4 offers significant other value to many consumers, and why it sold so well on the PS4, in spite of being inferior to the PC product.
    So it might be with the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The music production software KORG is coming to Nintendo Switch from Detune in Spring 2018.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have that on the DS.
    Still don't know what the heck is going on or how to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

As if november wasnt going to be an expensive month anyway, rocket league is out on the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/925014487064817664

Not official but a big hint that Night in the Woods is headed to the Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woohoo! New Jaguar game at last

Nintendo says 30% of Switch owners use it mainly without TV dock. No wonder AC adapter's doing well, I guess people use Switch in bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo says 30% of Switch owners use it mainly without TV dock. No wonder AC adapter's doing well, I guess people use Switch in bedroom.

So 70% are using it as a standard console? That kinda proves it's a home console with a portable option.

Can people please stop derailing this thread? It's for news and releases. There's a Switch discussion thread for such matters. ;)

Can people please stop derailing this thread? It's for news and releases. There's a Switch discussion thread for such matters. ;)

Says the fella putting his own comments / opinions on every news post :rolleyes:

Can you not discuss news in here? I'm only new over here so I didn't realise it was a no chat/discussion thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So 70% are using it as a standard console? That kinda proves it's a home console with a portable option.

A mixture of both really.

DNbnzU_U8AAFjH-.jpg

A mixture of both really.

DNbnzU_U8AAFjH-.jpg

I'd imagine I'll be playing the majority in handheld mode when herself is watching TV. But I will definitely use the dock as well.

55 more days until I get my Switch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ive never played mine on the TV but i will for odyssey

And it's primarily a male club.
    gender-age.jpg

I'm in the 17% category. I don't know if they've changed the age categories but I think it's smaller than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

You really worried about sonic games quality? Sonic? You know, the game franchise, which is pretty much a standard, when it comes to poor quality games?

I personally really dont care about all these multiplatform games on switch. If they are pure console ports with lowered down fidelity, then I am good with it. Its not like vita, which had multiplatform game cut down versions, not the real thing for full price. That was the reason it went tits up. Switch can give full multiplatform games in handheld form. Fantastic.

What really grinds my gears, is how they port old multiplatform games to switch. They are putting games that you can get on any platform for less then 15 quid now, but on switch its 60eu. Yes, its new for platform, but its old game, that I wont buy for full price. I feel like I am not the only one. Then publishers of these games will say: well, we port games to this platform and they still dont sale, so why we bother, lets abandon this crapy platform.
    Thing is issues will be not the cut down graphical fidelity or performance, but the actual price.
    I still havent played new doom. I would gladly buy it on switch and play it handheld, but why on earth I would pay 60 quid for it when its on ps4 sale for 11 quid right now.

If you porting old game to switch, then price it accordingly.

While true, i dont have a PS4 or Xbone or any other console besides the Switch - so the price on other platforms has no bearing on me....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Please do not backseat-moderate. This is not tolerated anywhere on the site.
    If you've a problem with a post, report it, do not take it upon yourself to try to enforce the rules.

There is no issue with chat and discussion around the news and releases posted here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

Are Switch games "region free" - if I buy physical games from the States will they work in a console I bought in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

BPKS wrote: »
    Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

Are Switch games "region free" - if I buy physical games from the States will they work in a console I bought in Ireland?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

While true, i dont have a PS4 or Xbone or any other console besides the Switch - so the price on other platforms has no bearing on me....

For you yes, but people who own only switch, like yourself, are minority.

Even from graphs showed in previous posts its clear that switch is very much adult console. Again, before taking it out of the context - there are still kids who play switch.
    A massive chunk of those adults have additional console or pc.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Please do not backseat-moderate. This is not tolerated anywhere on the site.
    If you've a problem with a post, report it, do not take it upon yourself to try to enforce the rules.

There is no issue with chat and discussion around the news and releases posted here.

I was joking and I wasn't back seat moderating. Hence the winky face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I'm not sure that those stats tell you anything other than what demographic is most likely to bother responding to the survey.

11% response rate to 600,000 emails sent is a drop in the ocean already in terms of Switch ownership.

HORI The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Limited Edition Accessory Set for Nintendo Switch Officially Licensed by Nintendo & Bethesda - Nintendo Switch
    81-q0YcboTL._AC_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0764KWY86/

More images at the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

HORI The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Limited Edition Accessory Set for Nintendo Switch Officially Licensed by Nintendo & Bethesda - Nintendo Switch

Gamestop in the US have a nice preorder skins pack too.

Nothing for us European plebs yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

For you yes, but people who own only switch, like yourself, are minority.

You think...

This week's Media Create sales for Japan.

Hardware sales(previous week's sales in brackets)

1. Switch – 126,701 (31,092)
    2. PS4 – 18,719 (25,075)
    3. New 2DS LL – 9,203 (8,449)
    4. New 3DS LL – 6,448 (6,187)
    5. PS4 Pro – 5,934 (6,203)
    6. Vita – 3,705 (3,535)
    7. 2DS – 1,412 (1,367)
    8. New 3DS – 220 (195)
    9. Xbox One – 97 (69)
    10. PS3 – 45 (50)
    11. Wii U – 41 (40)

Software sales

1. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 462,038 / NEW
    2. [PS4] Ark: Survival Evolved – 70,177 / NEW
    3. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux – 60,848 / NEW
    4. [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Origins – 49,419 / NEW
    5. [PS4] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! – 28,245 / NEW
    6. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 22,445 / 1,271,451
    7. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport – 17,670 / 167,956
    8. [3DS] Idol Time PriPara Yume All Star Live! – 14,885 / NEW
    9. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13,936 / 772,533
    10. [PS4] The Evil Within 2 – 12,624 / 55,565
    11. [PS4] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary – 9,570 / 51,662
    12. [PS4] City Shrouded in Shadow – 8,117 / 57,052
    13. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6,307 / 622,690
    14. [3DS] 12 Sai: Torokeru Puzzle Futari no Harmony – 6,195 / NEW
    15. [PS4] Middle-earth: Shadow of War – 5,869 / 34,095
    16. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX – 4,588 / 106,947
    17. [PSV] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary – 4,210 / 22,994
    18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – 3,815 / 260,228
    19. [3DS] Rune Factory 4 (Platinum Collection) – 3,567 / NEW
    20. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions – 3,480 / 46,575

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Pretty big week for Nintendo.

Advertisement