Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo’s New World, From The Switch To Phone Games To Theme Parks
    Nintendo U.S. president Reggie Fils-Aimé on why the Switch is a hit—and how all the moving parts of the company’s business fit together.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40488804/nintendos-new-world-from-the-switch-to-phone-games-to-theme-parks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »
    This week's Media Create sales for Japan.

Hardware sales(previous week's sales in brackets)

1. Switch – 126,701 (31,092)
    2. PS4 – 18,719 (25,075)
    3. New 2DS LL – 9,203 (8,449)
    4. New 3DS LL – 6,448 (6,187)
    5. PS4 Pro – 5,934 (6,203)
    6. Vita – 3,705 (3,535)
    7. 2DS – 1,412 (1,367)
    8. New 3DS – 220 (195)
    9. Xbox One – 97 (69)
    10. PS3 – 45 (50)
    11. Wii U – 41 (40)

Software sales

1. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 462,038 / NEW
    2. [PS4] Ark: Survival Evolved – 70,177 / NEW
    3. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux – 60,848 / NEW
    4. [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Origins – 49,419 / NEW
    5. [PS4] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! – 28,245 / NEW
    6. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 22,445 / 1,271,451
    7. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport – 17,670 / 167,956
    8. [3DS] Idol Time PriPara Yume All Star Live! – 14,885 / NEW
    9. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13,936 / 772,533
    10. [PS4] The Evil Within 2 – 12,624 / 55,565
    11. [PS4] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary – 9,570 / 51,662
    12. [PS4] City Shrouded in Shadow – 8,117 / 57,052
    13. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6,307 / 622,690
    14. [3DS] 12 Sai: Torokeru Puzzle Futari no Harmony – 6,195 / NEW
    15. [PS4] Middle-earth: Shadow of War – 5,869 / 34,095
    16. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX – 4,588 / 106,947
    17. [PSV] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary – 4,210 / 22,994
    18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – 3,815 / 260,228
    19. [3DS] Rune Factory 4 (Platinum Collection) – 3,567 / NEW
    20. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions – 3,480 / 46,575

WiiU console sales on the increse!

Nintendo Is Still Oddly Tight-Lipped About The Switch’s Tribute To Satoru Iwata

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-still-oddly-tight-lipped-about-the-switch-s-1820050815

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LA Noire will require a 14 GB download for the physical copy.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013752007-L-A-Noire-on-Nintendo-Switch-Storage-Requirements

That's now a pass for me so

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That'll be a big surprise for a lot of unsuspecting retail buyers.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    That'll be a big surprise for a lot of unsuspecting retail buyers.
    Angry_video_game_nerd_shocked_by_oraichu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/925781604055871490

Known for a while but just confirmation. It's getting a retail release but they haven't announced on which platforms yet.

It Takes Six Minutes For Monopoly To Load On Switch

"We are aware of a loading time issue with Monopoly for Nintendo Switch and our teams are working on a patch to resolve the issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, players should reboot their Nintendo Switch prior to starting Monopoly for Nintendo Switch. We will share an update when the issue has been resolved."

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/11/it-takes-six-minutes-for-monopoly-to-load-on-switch/

Yikes! Sloppiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Still an iota of the time it's takes to actually finish a real game of it.

Gluttons for punishment in my house at Christmas, we play meganopoly and scrabnopoly.

• Advertisement

Yuck.

Two Tribes will make an announcement today regarding Rive on Switch.

What could the news be? A shock release today in the eShop update? An announcement of a physical version? A release date? Still mightily annoyed that it was scrapped for Wii U. They were kind of forced to. This is also the last game from Two Tribes before they disband. They're a very talented studio.

Nintendo Switch Moments Come to Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAnWBiyITzE

I don't like it. But that's just me, I hate fake schmaltz and a lot of ads in general. Strange that FIFA 18 was shown in there as the only 3rd party effort out of the 7 shown. Almost like they know it's bombed but they better show EA that they're trying to promote it. It shows the games of briefly which is good, I guess. Ads need to be on TV not just Youtube. I see them because I go looking, casuals don't. And I still haven't seen a single ad on TV, thought that might change with SMO but nope. Assassin's Creed ads are on all the time.

On a side note, what's up with this site? I know they were doing some work today but I hope they're not finished. It looks terrible and is limited now on my Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sonic Forces is out on Tuesday, how odd a release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ads need to be on TV not just Youtube. I see them because I go looking, casuals don't. And I still haven't seen a single ad on TV, thought that might change with SMO but nope. Assassin's Creed ads are on all the time.

What's your obsession with ads? This isn't 1995. Do you have shares in Nintendo?

Sales figures are healthy; the only actual piece of evidence which gauges commercial success.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This whole 'ads' thing is like going in roundabouts, but I've seen quite a few ads for Odyssey and loads in general for the Switch, on multiple channels. I don't watch much RTE so don't know what is shown and not shown on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It's hard to criticize Nintendo when Switches are selling out nearly as soon as they're made. Nintendo has a massive presence on YouTube, I think the business and marketing folks have decided this is the best avenue for promotion. No doubt statistics showing (especially younger) people spending a lot less time watching regular TV and a lot more time on YouTube have influenced this. Makes sense. Still a place for tv ads, they're just not as vital anymore from a marketing perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don't like it. But that's just me, I hate fake schmaltz and a lot of ads in general.
    Bull****. You ****ing love the things. You're always talking about them and you even specifically seek them out on video-on-demand services.
    Ads need to be on TV not just Youtube. I see them because I go looking, casuals don't.
    See? Told you.
    I still haven't seen a single ad on TV, thought that might change with SMO but nope. Assassin's Creed ads are on all the time.
    Jesus CHRIST!

"Why aren't there any shows about dragons or surviving a zombie apocalypse on the telly?"

There are more things on Sky and Virgin, Sligeach, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    On a side note, what's up with this site? I know they were doing some work today but I hope they're not finished. It looks terrible and is limited now on my Wii U.

Do you know where it's really limited? On the browserless, port-saturated, no-VC-announcement-having Switch, that's where. You win again, Barry Gibb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Sonic Forces is out on Tuesday, how odd a release date.

I'm willing to take a punt on this. I loved Generations, and this seems to be more of the same, not this Sonic Boom tosh.

It's only 34.99 if you preorder it from Smyths too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To any one preordering Sonic Forces.
    Seeing as you will buy literally anything and are no students of history...
    I have some shares in Psion and Pebble for sale, cheap to be sure, and bound to give a great return....

• Advertisement

At least wait for reviews. Sheesh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭geotrig

That never goes well for me, its normally /ME : oh i like the looks of that ,ill wait for the reviews , Then review are crap stay away /ME i still like the looks of that ill buy it im not that fusy anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have some shares in Psion and Pebble for sale, cheap to be sure, and bound to give a great return....

But it comes with 'Original Character: Do Not Steal' mode where you can make your own chara- ah never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It seems to be taken cue from Generations, which is a good sign. Granted, Generations was still a slight step-down from the straight-forward Colours, but still considerably above the dreck 3D Sonic have be synonymous with for the most part. Played Sonic Adventure 2 a little bit the other day and it amazes me that game has the following it does. It's fidgety and imprecise and even its best part (the Sonic style gameplay) is only a third of the game. It is baffling it took Sega a good decade to release a straight-forward, glitchless and less-gimmicky Sonic 3D game with what we eventually got with Colours.

Which nobody played. Because A) it was a Wii exclusive at a time when the Wii was pretty much dead and B) Sonic team's output over the past 10 years had seen scores of gamers step off the Sonic cycle, never to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Fecking A+.

People who preorder Sonic games remind me of Sideshow Bob steping on rakes, every single time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dear gods people, the 2D sections will be the best bits of the game and won't form the majority, so you spend your time mostly running into and out of the screen with that terrible gameplay they've been churning out since Sonic Adventure on the DC!
    The only thing this one has going for it is that it isn't Sonic Boom.
    Maybe another is that Big the Cat isn't in it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

With adds.

I was at talk with the head of rte there a few weeks back even they said tv is dying in the way you think it is no one cares anyone and they won't to move towards the rte player.

Nintendo Switch nearly everyone knows about the thing as it's online media they are using who cares about t.v. adds I don't it's the YouTube adds that get me I be like what's that?. As the adds now target the user not everyone !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In fairness, RTE are dying faster than TV because of the poor output. No one going to the player reflects on the lack of worthwhile content and the shoddy nature of the application.

Caught my daughters singing that Jump Jump Superstar song this morning. I don't own Odyssey and they don't have YouTube access so I can only presume the tv advertising is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does Rte even gives a "f***". They can have Neon cat on the loop 24/7 and Tv license will be still collected and given to them. Its dying media, but it will be kept up anyway.

• Advertisement

Advertisement