Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal for Nintendo Switch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0s9hXMqePI

The game will be available in digital format on the eShop starting on November 17th; physical version will arrive on 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

sligeach wrote: »
    Sonic Forces review
    When fan service doesn’t go far enough

Summary:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/5/16609838/sonic-forces-review

5/10

They reviewed it using a Switch copy of the game which may not have helped the score, although they give the other platforms the same score at the bottom. I wonder if they're using the Switch version as a stick to beat the others.

I think Polygon are being unfair to the developers of the game here.

There were no review codes issued for Sonic Forces and Sega are saying that there will be a day one patch that will fix a number of issues.

So Polygon have managed to get their hands on a leaked copy of the game and have given it a harsh review despite the fact that they haven't installed the patch.

Seems a bit sh*tty to me. Can you imagine if they had done the same with Odyssey 2 weeks ago? Got their hands on a leaked copy of the game before street date and reviewed it.

I expected Sonic Forces to be a bit rubbish but the way Polygon have acted here comes across as almost unbelievably unprofessional and nasty.

Same website that couldn't review Star Fox Zero (which I actually liked) because it was "unplayable" despite everyone else being able to play it just fine.

Bandai Namco To Announce Three Big Switch-Exclusive Titles Sometime In Spring/Summer 2018

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/07/bandai-namco-announce-three-big-switch-exclusive-titles-sometime-springsummer-2018/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saruhashi wrote: »
    I think Polygon are being unfair to the developers of the game here.

There were no review codes issued for Sonic Forces and Sega are saying that there will be a day one patch that will fix a number of issues.

So Polygon have managed to get their hands on a leaked copy of the game and have given it a harsh review despite the fact that they haven't installed the patch.

Seems a bit sh*tty to me. Can you imagine if they had done the same with Odyssey 2 weeks ago? Got their hands on a leaked copy of the game before street date and reviewed it.

I expected Sonic Forces to be a bit rubbish but the way Polygon have acted here comes across as almost unbelievably unprofessional and nasty.

Same website that couldn't review Star Fox Zero (which I actually liked) because it was "unplayable" despite everyone else being able to play it just fine.

Yeah, Polygon were a bunch of @ssholes over Star Fox Zero, regardless of peoples ultimate opinion on the title, which has divided many, they claimed it was unplayable and used their half effort to do so and subsequent abandonment of the title as basis for their "review".

Which is why I don't bother with them anymore.
    Why trust an opinion which isn't an informed opinion?

• Advertisement

Six Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2018, Q&A with Nintendo President Kimishima.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/171101e.pdf

Xenoblade 2 Ninty Direct is coming up @ 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Zenoblade 2 Ninty Direct is coming up @ 2pm

Are Xenoblade and Fire Emblem similar games? I like the look of both but not sure what to go for.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are Xenoblade and Fire Emblem similar games? I like the look of both but not sure what to go for.

Never played Fire Emblem so can't comment.
    Xenoblade is class

• Advertisement

Never played Fire Emblem so can't comment.
    Xenoblade is class

I've to choose what games I want to stock up for Christmas so Mario Kart, Zelda and one other at least.

I'll probably get Mario Odyssey after Christmas though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is exactly as I said ages ago.
    That the only lack of major third party development was no one wanted to sink investment into another WiiU, with the lack of return in profits as a result, but as the sales of the Switch have indicated, it's going to be loaded with a userbase ready to buy, so they are all now going to make content to take advantage.
    It was easier for the indie scene to get product out, due to the reduced amount of assets and the likes of Unity being supported on the Switch, so no surprises that the indie titles are coming thick and fast.

I'm still hoping, squeezing my eyelids together in hopeful prayer, that Dark Souls Trilogy is on the way.... make it so!

I've bought too much!

it'll have to wait, plus it's too expensive for me, I'd pay around €30/35 but not full price money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Warriors is a spin off title like Hyrule Warriors, it is a Musou game based on Dynasty Warriors.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is an epic action RPG, you would get far more out of it, it took me over 100 hours to finish the first.

Xenji wrote: »
    Warriors is a spin off title like Hyrule Warriors, it is a Musou game based on Dynasty Warriors.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is an epic action RPG, you would get far more out of it, it took me over 100 hours to finish the first.

Thanks for that. I think I'll pick that up so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've bought too much!

it'll have to wait, plus it's too expensive for me, I'd pay around €30/35 but not full price money.

Doom is 40 in South Africa. Same for Skyrim.

I've to choose what games I want to stock up for Christmas so Mario Kart, Zelda and one other at least.

I'll probably get Mario Odyssey after Christmas though.

You will do well to get through Zelda @ Xmas, it's massive.
    I wouldn't panic on Zenoblade 2 in this case as that's also expected to be massive.
    If however you want the Xmas morning feel, it's got to be Mario Odysessy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Xenoblade vs Fire Emblem Warriors, it's like comparing Breaking Bad to UFC. They both deliver entertainment but if you're in the mood for one you are not going to enjoy the other.

I've tried both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade X, and while they were beautiful to look at and appeared to be epic in scope I found the characters very unengaging which is poisonous to an RPG. The Voice Acting was the main culprit. The Plot also was quite predictable as far as I got in both, and there was a real feeling that I was running from A to B to C back to A back to C to tick boxes while looking for encounters to grind up my stats. If you have the patience to get to the meat of the game, and to learn the huge array of systems it forces on you, maybe there's a great game in there but the Xenoblade line for me is like Christmas mass. It's an obligation, it's not the celebration I keep being told it is.

Hyrule Warriors, on the other hand, starts out as a REALLY repetitive button masher, with fast moving, flashy combat that's oddly unsatisfying, and it's very easy to put it down after 10 minutes and never go back. However, once you twig that the moment-to-moment combat is not really the hook, and start concentrating on the strategic elements of deciding where you should be in the battle field, where to push forward, where to defend, who needs help, you can find it becomes more compelling. It scratches that RPG itch by having skill trees and levelling for each character and an array of characters you can grind, but there's not a massive amount of difference in how you play them.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm getting Mario Odyssey for christmas and I have credit on my Amazon account that would cover a new Switch game but do I go Xenoblade? FE:W? Doom? Is there any point in getting another game that will be sidelined when Mario is unwrapped?

pasta-solo wrote: »

LOL Troll tempting Ciderman, I like it :D

LOL Troll tempting Ciderman, I like it :D

NOOOooooo!!!

I spent full monies on Skyrim!

• Advertisement

NOOOooooo!!!

I spent full monies on Skyrim!

Your backlog is ****ed anyway, no harm adding another game at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I've bought too much!

I'm saying the same thing about Skyrim. If they launched a boxed copy for 30euro, I'd buy it (for the second time). 60e for, at this stage, an older game, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

pasta-solo wrote: »

I preordered at €40 but I really wanted the physical - just cant justify an extra 20 for it though.

€40 for a digital code of an old port that runs worse than elsewhere? You people have too much money to waste. I wouldn't spend more than €30 on a physical copy and even that doesn't have the full game on the cartridge.

Like Sonic Forces is out today, they're charging the same price as the other versions, it too looks notably worse and performs worse but at least they can say it's releasing at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You're lecturing other people about how they're wasting their resources, and yet here you are again in a thread discussing a console you don't want to own.

Lucky there are no magnets around, with all this irony... (that worked better in my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Xenoblade 2's file size is 14gb. Quite a bit smaller than XCX.

Whatever about the already flagged problems with storage etc, Nintendo are wizards of game compression.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

€40 for a digital code of an old port that runs worse than elsewhere? You people have too much money to waste. I wouldn't spend more than €30 on a physical copy and even that doesn't have the full game on the cartridge.

Like Sonic Forces is out today, they're charging the same price as the other versions, it too looks notably worse and performs worse but at least they can say it's releasing at the same time.

Your paying to have the game on the go, I for one could never take over the Main tv to play skyrim on xbox its just too big a game, but playing on the couch with headphones on that's another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

€40 for a digital code of an old port that runs worse than elsewhere? You people have too much money to waste.

i have no other way to play it so it's worth €40 to me. I was going to pay €60 until i saw it cheaper.

You own multiple platforms? That seems like a waste of money to me....

• Advertisement

I've read that the file size for XC2 is 13GB's. I'd be curious to see how big the game is in comparison to XCX. It's half the file size. I hope it's not sacrificing textures, sound quality, etc.

I have a fierce aversion to DLC or an "Expansion Pass" as they call this. And I'm also skeptical. This game seems to have been developed far quicker than XCX. Game companies just can't be satisfied with €60, they have to milk customers. I think they may have developed so much for €60 and now want another €30 for the last year of development. I also think it's a way for companies to offset to a certain degree the loss of secondhand game sales.

Advertisement