Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

FPS games seem to have gained a lot of traction in the last 2 years in Japan. Noticed it with the weekly charts. Pretty much the same as here now with CoD.

Ugh, I just don't get CoD, never did. Not not into it at all. But I do love other FPS games, odd. Maybe I'm old? Can't relate to kids today? No idea.

Are Killzone and Resistance: Fall of Man considered FPS games? I loved both of those on PS3 but have not gotten into anything like that since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madmoe wrote: »
    Are Killzone and Resistance: Fall of Man considered FPS games? I loved both of those on PS3 but have not gotten into anything like that since then.

They were terrible FPS games, looked good but gameplay was horrible.

Titanfall 2 has a really good campaign mode if you want to try one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

emmetkenny wrote: »

Must get Titanfall 2 myself (if possible, on the switch).
    I've heard GREAT things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Must get Titanfall 2 myself (if possible, on the switch).
    I've heard GREAT things about it.

It's not on Switch but maybe someday because it really is a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It's not on Switch but maybe someday because it really is a great game.

Yeah, that's what I meant. A port on the switch in the future would make me get a copy. If that ever happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

DOOM | Switch vs ONE vs PS4 vs PC | GRAPHICS COMPARISON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9no_CvzuUS4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pretty impressive for a handheld ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

madmoe wrote: »

Well, those games have a series of sequels but none of them are all that much cop.
    I didn't mind Killzone 2 and 3 but the PS4 title and the Resistance games weren't great, in my opinion at least.

But FPS games have never enjoyed much popularity in Japan, with Phantasy Star Online setting the online gaming agenda there for 18 years now.
    3rd person, party based games are massive, see Monster Hunter and Xenoblade Chronicles for example.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

manual_man wrote: »
    Pretty impressive for a handheld ;)

Don't
    Feed
    The
    Watchamacallit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't
    Feed
    The
    Watchamacallit.

Luma?

• Advertisement

Ubisoft Will Release More Nintendo Switch Games
    Switch sales are already big business for Ubisoft, so it's no big surprise to learn more are coming.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-will-release-more-nintendo-switch-games/1100-6454806/

If you read the story it's rather vague. Guillemot could just be referring to Starlink and Steep. But hopefully they've more significant support. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is great but likely a one off collaboration, Rayman Legends is another great game but still a Wii U port. Then there's Just Dance, excrement. Or Monopoly and Uno? Hhhmm. When you see the big games and support the other platforms get, Switch's support by comparison is tokenism.

Well, maybe they'll release that Lego City Undercover sequel we've all been waiting for ;)

sligeach wrote: »
    Switch sales are already big business for Ubisoft, so it's no big surprise to learn more are coming.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-will-release-more-nintendo-switch-games/1100-6454806/

If you read the story it's rather vague. Guillemot could just be referring to Starlink and Steep. But hopefully they've more significant support. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is great but likely a one off collaboration, Rayman Legends is another great game but still a Wii U port. Then there's Just Dance, excrement. Or Monopoly and Uno? Hhhmm. When you see the big games and support the other platforms get, Switch's support by comparison is tokenism.

It's not a port, it's the Switch release of a multiplatform title.
    We've already been over this.
    Why do you insist on pedalling your personal theory on Switch titles being WiiU ports as a fact?
    It's just a conspiracy theory of yours.
    Please move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I really enjoyed both of them! Never played Titanfall, will have to take your word for it being good!

sligeach wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

his enthusiasm is infectious :D

Banjo wrote: »
    his enthusiasm is infectious :D

Video was made to troll Ciderman :D:D

I have amazon credit that's already burned a hole right through my pocket. But will I play it between now and January? And if not, isn't it bound to price drop closer to the Wolfie II release? Looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wonder, For some pew pew in the side, would splatoon 2 or Doom would be better value.

• Advertisement

Splatoon 2, fun as it is, requires an internet connection for best results. The single player is fine, but it's not the same fast-moving run-n-gun. All other modes require other people.

Hopefully they'll see Doom's bot support and think "Me too!" and patch it in...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Video was made to troll Ciderman :D:D

Troll away baby, troll away!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Splatoon 2, fun as it is, requires an internet connection for best results. The single player is fine, but it's not the same fast-moving run-n-gun. All other modes require other people.

Hopefully they'll see Doom's bot support and think "Me too!" and patch it in...

I was checking gameplay videos of splatoon 2, to see if I will like it. After watching several videos I just could not understand or see how people kill or get kills. Its weird. Looks like a pure chaos and then player just dies and goes to respawn.
    I need some online shooter or something for the switch on the side, when I am getting a break from rpgs and just general massive time sinks. After I finish zelda I got Disgaea 5 on my radar.

People used to go for kills in Splatoon on the WiiU. That's why I used to be GREAT at it. Things have changed though, now everyone knows it's about coverage. Kills are a luxury, or at least in Turf War they are. You kill someone who's in your way or who's threatening your coverage or who's gunning for you. When the game is scored, no one cares how many times you died or killed someone. It's all about ink.

Obviously, if you're killed you are out of the game for a few seconds, so you aren't getting coverage and you aren't impeding your opponent. Similarly, if you kill them, you stop them from taking your territory. But often you can win a game against a superior fighting force by just going where they aren't and spraying everything in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

But often you can win a game against a superior fighting force by just going where they aren't and spraying everything in sight.

Kind of a lesson for life.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Kind of a lesson for life.

Used to know a tomcat like that...

Nintendo’s Game Plan to Level Up Switch Production
    Nintendo plans to make 25 million to 30 million Switch game consoles next year

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendos-game-plan-to-level-up-switch-production-1510291065

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-plans-to-up-switch-production-and-analyst-believe-it-can-surpass-wii/

You need to be a Wall Street Journal subscriber in order to read the article but NintendoEverything detail what it contains. Including that some analysts again think sales will surpass Wii. Also, that 25-30 million production next year depends on upcoming Christmas sales, Kimishima will make the decision.

Reckon I'll trade in Mario and Rabbids for it, as I am never going to play that game.
    Turns out Cidonalad doesn't like that type of game either.

But...

Doom is €55 and €60 in Smyth's and Gamesstop!

Yet it costs only €40 from S.Africa, digitally....

Decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ffs, would have bought that instead of the download for 40. Why doesn't anyone show accurate prices (or in argos' case, any info) pre launch...

Advertisement