Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ffs, would have bought that instead of the download for 40. Why doesn't anyone show accurate prices (or in argos' case, any info) pre launch...

So they can show their stunning discounts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Goddamn I'd like that for 50.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Reckon I'll trade in Mario and Rabbids for it, as I am never going to play that game.
    Turns out Cidonalad doesn't like that type of game either.
    :eek: Mario+Rabbids is great! But I guess it is my type of game.
    Doom is €55 and €60 in Smyth's and Gamesstop!

Yet it costs only €40 from S.Africa, digitally....

Decisions, decisions!

As much as Doom on Switch is really cool... I can't justify that price at all, already owning it on PS4. I think €35 (or even €40) is a smarter price point.

Same with Skyrim - already have it on XB1, so no way I'll pay full price for it. Most I'd go is €35 or €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

:eek: Mario+Rabbids is great! But I guess it is my type of game.

As much as Doom on Switch is really cool... I can't justify that price at all, already owning it on PS4. I think €35 (or even €40) is a smarter price point.

Same with Skyrim - already have it on XB1, so no way I'll pay full price for it. Most I'd go is €35 or €40.

both are 40 if you buy off south african estore but im the same wont be rebuying either have doom on pc since black friday last year and have yet to actually get to it, its next on the list, and skyrim i own it on xbox 360 and pc twice, once as a gift at xmas off a lad i worked with and got the SE free on steam cause i already owned it when it came out. same goes for L.A. Noire. i enjoyed it on 360 but lost interest after i completed the homicide missions.

will be getting rocket league and the resident evil revelations pack as my november games. owned revelations 1 on 3ds but never finished it cause i couldnt put the hours into it on the og 3ds as it would cause my hand to cramp and never went back to it when i got my new 3ds xl. can justify that as i dont own revelations 2 and do want to finish 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might stick it on Adverts, see if I can get something for it, then invest in Doom in Argos.

Actually, I get a pretty reasonable €38 credit for it in EvilCorp... I mean Gamestop.
    Probably going there so, pick up Doom for €22 as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I might stick it on Adverts, see if I can get something for it, then invest in Doom in Argos.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my copy of Mario & Rabbids. I don't think I'll go back to it but there are plenty of other games out now and coming soon that I want more. We'll see what Adverts thinks (~ €45) when I dig out the box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't do it on Adverts!

It'll be the usual

"I'll give you €10 and a box of moist toilet wipes for it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Don't do it on Adverts!

It'll be the usual

are - are you giving yourself advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Don't do it on Adverts!

It'll be the usual

...how moist?

I'll probably test the water and if the clowns are biting, I'll sling it into Gamestop for credit against another game (or eShop credit) in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Don't do it on Adverts!

It'll be the usual

I gave up on seeking rayman on it as people where offering 15 euros posted for rayman legends for the switch and wonted me to pay for post.... facepam

• Advertisement

So, if was to use my credit to buy €40 of eshop credit, can I use that voucher on the S African eshop???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No.
    Unless the voucher is in Rand.

The eShop divisions are tied to currencies, there's no internal exchange or conversion which is why you lose your balance when you shift regions to a new currency.

Banjo wrote: »
    No.
    Unless the voucher is in Rand.

The eShop divisions are tied to currencies, there's no internal exchange or conversion which is why you lose your balance when you shift regions to a new currency.

Boo hiss

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

When did we get Octodad? Saw it on the eShop price comparison site by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Banjo wrote: »
    When did we get Octodad? Saw it on the eShop price comparison site by mistake.

About two weeks ago iirc, not very long out on Switch.

Is it much good? It seems a bit, I dunno, stupid? Just chaotic which wouldn't be my thing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont have link, but Resident evil revalations 1 and 2 will be 20$ each. Not bad.

I played a good lash of that arcade mode in revalations 2. Could be great crack on switch. Not bad priced too.

Is it much good? It seems a bit, I dunno, stupid? Just chaotic which wouldn't be my thing

I've only ever played about 2 minutes of it in Smyths on the PS4. My daughter was trying to play it and started going "Daaaaaaaaaaaaddy" when it didn't go well. Didn't go well for me either but if it were cheap it's the kind of game I'd throw on now and again to let the kids fight over :D

11 quid on Za though is a little higher than I'm willing to go just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I love the look of Cat Quest. A nice 6-8 hour RPG-Lite full of cat puns.

iOS reviews (89% on Metacritic): http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/cat-quest

• Advertisement

I dont have link, but Resident evil revalations 1 and 2 will be 20$ each. Not bad.

I played a good lash of that arcade mode in revalations 2. Could be great crack on switch. Not bad priced too.
    I'll probably get the 2nd one, really enjoyed the first on 3DS.
    Good price.
    I would also drop €20 on Resi 4 if it comes out, which it definitely is, I mean that game comes out on nearly everything!

To confirm, Doom has party options ala Mario Kart
    That's great news for the multiplayer and shows EA didn't bother their arse with the FIFA port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Wish they would have warned about the hour long download before playing doom. Cant play anything else that uses online functions in the meantime :/

Edit: i sound like a diva, its been a long day ðŸ˜

sligeach wrote: »

Nice, wonder do they mean the current games or a completely new switch game

Nice, wonder do they mean the current games or a completely new switch game

A new Ace Attorney Switch game perhaps....

A new Ace Attorney Switch game perhaps....

I considered that, but they say games meaning more than one tho, maybe the orginal ds games on a cart inc AJ? Considering they have them all rejigged graphics wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I bought Doom and paid 21 cent for a plastic bag to get the 5 euro voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ordered Doom on Amazon using the top up by £25 and get £5 free promotion and paying with Revolut card means it only cost around €36 posted. Was back and forth whether to get it digital or not but it's nice to have the physical copy for some games.

Doom on Switch: The Complete Technical Analysis!
    [Digital Foundry]

• Advertisement

I wasn't sure whether or not to post this but I see some Nintendo sites print it now and it is interesting, some I've heard before, it's all plausible, nothing outlandish so here it is:

Rumour: Reddit Member Spills The Beans On Upcoming Nintendo Switch Titles?
    • A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.
    • Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.
    • There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
    • Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I’ve heard. I’m hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don’t know which development studio.
    • There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.
    • The Switch’s Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.
    • Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
    • According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
    • Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I’m not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/12/rumour-reddit-member-spills-the-beans-on-upcoming-nintendo-switch-titles/

I'd love to see Resident Evil 2 redone like RE4. The Mother 3 rumour, for me isn't a rumour anymore, it was ready for Wii U but like Pikmin 4 was pulled back for Switch.

Advertisement