Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Portal Knights - Coming to Nintendo Switch November 23rd 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yd3xZZmemE

Human Fall Flat Nintendo Switch Reveal Announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6eAmcIYbI

Your some man for the new trailers :)

Another review IGN this time

IMO I'm happy with the amount of effort they have put into the Switch port. It looks to be at the very least the devs have maximized the use of the system and it's not some rushed botch job just to tick a checkbox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Another review IGN this time

IMO I'm happy with the amount of effort they have put into the Switch port. It looks to be at the very least the devs have maximized the use of the system and it's not some rushed botch job just to tick a checkbox.

Darn,

I have to somehow finish Super Mario Odyssey, get some play in of Doom, all in time to try Skyrim tonight, and that's just the games I have on the Switch....

feck....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That looks quite good. Loved the older Resi games but never got to play Revaluations.

I am ine of the pricks, who hates 4. To my defence, I never played it when it was new. It was not resident evil game for me anymore, it went way too much bananas and action. 5 and 6 went even further away from its roots.
    Got Revalations on 3ds when it came out and I loved it. It was so refreshing to have something at least resemble old school RE game.
    Got revalations 2 on ps4 a while ago. Didn't finish full campaign, but good few episodes. What really took a lot of my attention was,that arcade mode. Was a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind pucking it up on switch for that mode alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I think I'm gonna use the Christmas holidays to finish Zelda to make way for Skyrim as my next big open world experience.
    It looks great plus I missed it the first time around. Hopefully by early next year it can be picked up a bit cheaper too.
    The positive reviews for L.A. Noire are also calling me. My poor wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I'm gonna use the Christmas holidays to finish Zelda to make way for Skyrim as my next big open world experience.
    It looks great plus I missed it the first time around. Hopefully by early next year it can be picked up a bit cheaper too.
    The positive reviews for L.A. Noire are also calling me. My poor wallet.

My plan is to try and finish zelda in next week or two. Got all 4 beasts and master sword. So just faffing around and bulking up. When finished with zelda I am getting another game.
    I am trying with switch to stick with one long burner game that I have to finish and then get some distraction multiplayer game. So far its working well. I am not buying gazilion games and moving to another one after few hours.
    Just havent decided whats next. Disgaea 5 or Xenoblade. Xenoblade looks cool, but way overcomplicated combat is pushing me away.
    Not sure about Mario, I dont really enjoy them, but then again I said same thing about Zelda and botw is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Both Revelations games are download code only in Europe. I own the first physically on Wii U as do many other 3DS and Wii U owners. It's the second game that should be on cartridge. Even in America it's borked. The Collection has the first on cartridge while the second is a download code. Which again goes back to the $h1tty on board memory, limited cartridge size and that they're expensive.

So, if I imported the US version, the download code for RER2 wouldn't workon the 'irish' eshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So, if I imported the US version, the download code for RER2 wouldn't workon the 'irish' eshop?

I don't know. The Switch is supposed to be region free so you'd imagine it should work.

NINTENDO SWITCH AND SUPER NES CLASSIC TOPPED HARDWARE SALES FOR OCTOBER

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/11/16/nintendo-switch-and-super-nes-classic-topped-hardware-sales-for-october

Also, Super Mario Odyssey took the top spot in the individual SKU chart. Nintendo accounted for 2/3's of the hardware sold for the month, which is 666,000 units. Did someone make a deal with the Devil? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

And Skyrim is a go!!

All I can say this is fantastic so far in handheld. Love that opening sequence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Also, Super Mario Odyssey took the top spot in the individual SKU chart. Nintendo accounted for 2/3's of the hardware sold for the month, which is 666,000 units. Did someone make a deal with the Devil? :p

"Additionally, Super Mario Odyssey was October's top-selling game in spite of only having been available for the final five days of the month."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Skyrim will be the first third party game to support the video capture feature. A small update is needed upon start to initialise it. Monster Hunter XX in Japan also got support for it around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Did Stardew not beat it to the punch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'm sure FIFA will support it just before the Xmas rush, and if not then never at all :rolleyes:

EA need "to fully understand what the demand is" for video capture and wait a full year before deciding if it's a worthwhile feature. ;)

It's an interesting fact I read elsewhere that with the release of Skyrim, every game showcased in the Switch reveal trailer of October 2016 has now released.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is coming to the Switch. It will release on 21 December in the US and is priced at $15. I'd imagine the European date will be the same. More info and screenshots below.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/max-the-curse-of-brotherhood-switch

The name should sound vaguely familiar to some people, "Max and the Magic Marker" was a WiiWare game.

Here's a trailer for the sequel.

MAX: THE CURSE OF BROTHERHOOD Trailer (2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSg_ISWmok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    Did Stardew not beat it to the punch?

Skyrim is the first to have something interesting to record? :pac: I love Stardew Valley but no one is going to want to see me water the crops.

Should have stayed away from this thread but I didn't and so I boarded the Hype TrainTM and ended up playing Skyrim on the bus to work this morning. So good to be back :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This thread is for News only, for other discussions use the appropriate threads, I moved the posts to said threads just now.
    It was a pain on my phone, please let's not agitate the cat mod further today!

Some more cool uses for the Switch, this time a vertical orientation for pinball.
    It works well with Strikers 1945 on the Switch already.

http://nintendoeverything.com/pinball-fx3-will-let-you-play-vertically-with-a-single-joy-con/

• Advertisement

Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for Switch, PS4 and Xbox in 2018. PS4 and Xbox in March in Japan, Switch a little later.

A series revival out of nowhere. Good fit for Switch though.

What are you doing up at 4am!
    Go back to bed!
    News links will wait 'til mornin' !

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What are you doing up at 4am!
    Go back to bed!
    News links will wait 'til mornin' !

The perils of cuckoo work hours. If only my life was as tactical as this rpg :P

Good man Jim, some positive in the forum wouldn't go astray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Blossom Tales looks like a pretty good LoZ clone and is a Switch console exclusive, looks like a day one purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Blossom Tales looks like a pretty good LoZ clone and is a Switch console exclusive, looks like a day one purchase for me.

That game was mentioned in a YouTube video I was watching earlier. Definitely peaked my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Irish Halo wrote: »

i remember that game from another video, did it have another name tho? looks good anyway another one for the long list of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

i remember that game from another video, did it have another name tho? looks good anyway another one for the long list of games.
    It was released on PC in March

• Advertisement

Whatever platform people will buy it on, it is the rare case that buying a physical copy will be for a great cause. The publisher of 'Axiom Verge', BadLand Games, will donate 75% of their financial share to a special fund for the care of the creator's son, who has developed a life long condition due to negligence at birth.

The Switch version, as has been publicised, is more expensive than other platforms. A purchase on any platform seems like it will have a morally good impact. Nice to hear this, especially after all the EA loot box crap.

http://www.axiomverge.com/blog/axiom-verge-retail-launch

Advertisement