Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was reading that Switch isn't the only platform that didn't have the full LA Noire in the box. Apparently the other consoles only had 4gb on the disc. So no excuse why they couldn't fit the whole thing on a blu ray

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

i remember that game from another video, did it have another name tho? looks good anyway another one for the long list of games.

It looks really good, but I feel with these Zelda-like games, it's like having the best of the best steaks, and then making do with McDonalds burgers until you get your next steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, together! – Overview Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inpvizufc14

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Blaster Master Zero is getting a free update tomorrow which adds competitive multiplayer to the game in 1 on 1 battles. Top down and side on arena's included. It's a great game and well worth picking up, it has been supported fantastically with free updates too.

Nintendo Switch Battery Life ranked by Different Games, Brightness and Wi-Fi on/off
    cGBsOQS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7eu83s/nintendo_switch_battery_life_ranked_by_different/

The short battery life is an issue and will only become more so as time goes on. An improved model will hopefully fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch Battery Life ranked by Different Games, Brightness and Wi-Fi on/off
    cGBsOQS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7eu83s/nintendo_switch_battery_life_ranked_by_different/

The short battery life is an issue and will only become more so as time goes on. An improved model will hopefully fix it.

Not a problem of course if portabilty doesn't matter to a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

When the Switch does eventually die of exhaustion I'm sure Nintendo will have given us a new machine or 2 to play with instead.

A switch-U if you will!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ffs lads stop feeding it!!!!!

With the constant painful bashing of the console by someone who has no experience with it is ruining the forum for me and others like me.

The Nintendo forum for years has been a joy to be part of but one person is just stirring **** now! How long are the mods going to allow this to continue? I for one am considering not posting here anymore because of that said user

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Meh #ignorelist

With the constant painful bashing of the console by someone who has no experience with it is ruining the forum for me and others like me.

The Nintendo forum for years has been a joy to be part of but one person is just stirring **** now! How long are the mods going to allow this to continue? I for one am considering not posting here anymore because of that said user
    1. Click on user name
    2. Add to ignore list

Best thing I ever did; I strongly suggest others do the same.

Anyway, getting things back on track....

I alternate between bringing my Switch and my laptop with me on my commute. I need to charge my laptop in work so it will last the trip home. Actually, now that I think of it, if I watch a movie on my phone on the way to work I need to give it a quick charge during the day also. The Switch beats both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Well said! If people don't react and just ignore horrible detracting Switch posts then it won't feed the monster!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

C-Mod note: Please cut out the silliness. Any more of this nonsense will be followed by mod action.

The mod team are well aware of what's happening in the forum, and it's being discussed. We are also aware a few posters seem intent on getting hostile at every opportunity, which does not even remotely help.

Please keep everything civil, even if you disagree with a poster's assertion. Thanks.

This looks great - really like the aesthetic.

Same developer as Yoshi's Woolly World, but seems closer in tone to Yoshi's Island. Reminds me a bit of Tearaway too.

More footage here.

Not out until next year though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Same developer as Yoshi's Woolly World, but seems closer in tone to Yoshi's Island. Reminds me a bit of Tearaway too.

More footage here.

In fairness, we've been spoiled this year in terms in quality games. I can wait until next year. It looks really good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Wooly world was a damn delight. Absolutely loved every second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

chrislad wrote: »
    In fairness, we've been spoiled this year in terms in quality games.

Certainly. You can make the argument for the best adventure game of all time, the best platformer of all time and definitely the best kart racer of all time, although that genre is a little more niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

More footage here.

I actually hadn't see this. Now I wish I hadn't because it's another game I need to buy :pac: is it Switch only or other Nintendo consoles? My little cousin would love it on his 3DS.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I actually hadn't see this. Now I wish I hadn't because it's another game I need to buy :pac: is it Switch only or other Nintendo consoles? My little cousin would love it on his 3DS.

This is for the Switch but there's a Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World on the 3DS that they might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pac1Man wrote: »
    This is for the Switch but there's a Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World on the 3DS that they might like.

Great thanks, just checked and he definitely hasn't that. Christmas present sorted!! He can look on in envy while I play Yoshi on my Switch in a few months time :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »

That 3DS game is a wonder, it's pretty much the WiiU game sans the hub world.
    Really good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So,

As a moderator on this forum I am going to instruct that the ongoing type of tone and content in posts, such as disparaging the Switch battery life repeatedly and such are not part of acceptable posting on this thread or forum in general and there will be zero tolerance of this type of posting.
    There will be no more gentle words on this matter.
    The procedure for dealing with persistent posters will be followed, up to and including bans.
    If this request is something any poster can't follow, then make life easier for everyone and simply don't post here.
    Positive or Negative things about Nintendo are welcome here, as long as it's in the spirit of constructive comment.
    Anything else is not welcome and won't be missed.
    Keep this in mind.

Thanks

This is a news thread.
    Ongoing discussion on the Switch to be made in the appropriate thread.

A positive first impression of Xenoblade from Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-23-nintendos-special-year-is-set-to-end-with-another-spectacular-epic

"It's another epic that displays some exquisite craft, and provides the second of two substantial bookends to the Switch's incredible first year."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

When is Rocket League out?

Online sources suggest it was released on the 14.11.17, but if it's not on the shelves or Eshop it's not much help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

now?

its available for purchase for me anyway

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Rocket-League--1234174.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Ya I've been playing it for the last week and a bit, think it came out on the 14th.
    €20 well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Is it download only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Is it download only?

For now, yes. There's talk of a physical release sometime next year. No date confirmed.

Advertisement