Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

https://gonintendo.com/stories/296472-wonder-boy-the-dragon-s-trap-hits-100k-sold-on-switch-more-than

Indies are cleaning up on Switch. In the same video it's mentioned that Steamworld Dig 2 sold 10x more than on steam. Which would put it at about 300k.

Those are great numbers for an indie on a single platform. I've yet to buy Wonderboy though, but steamworld dig 2 was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madmoe wrote: »
    I've not played either of these, would I be best to get Revelations first, finish it and then get this?

Thanks

Both come as a package I think? 1 on Cart and 2 is a download code.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Both come as a package I think? 1 on Cart and 2 is a download code.

No, they're both digital downloads in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    No, they're both digital downloads in Europe.

Not according to the description on Amazon

Resident Evil Revelations Collection https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074JMQFDY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ravhAb9RD64WW

Edit: It's coming from the US Global Store that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

as sligeach said in europe its only available digital so i would suggest get 1 play it through and then get 2

• Advertisement

IGN say that though infrequent, Revelations 2 has Lego City Undercover like loading times, a minute and a half to 2 minutes. Yikes! It looks good, much better than on XB1 though the motion controls aren't perfect.

Edit: And now I see the video above.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Does anyone know the download size for both resident evil games?

Does anyone know the download size for both resident evil games?

About 12GB for the first and 24GB for the second.

Pokemon Might Rocket Nintendo Switch To 40% Market Share If It Hits 2018 Launch, Says NPD Analyst.

https://gamingbolt.com/pokemon-might-rocket-nintendo-switch-to-40-market-share-if-it-hits-2018-launch-says-npd-analyst

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yooka-Laylee finally coming to Switch on December 14th.

https://www.playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-leaps-onto-nintendo-switch-dec-14/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Corholio wrote: »
    Yooka-Laylee finally coming to Switch on December 14th.

Took long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Their kickstarter backer update email says it has loads of improvements over the initial version:
    Yooka-Laylee for Nintendo Switch features a shed-load of polish and updates, including single-JoyCon play across all eight multiplayer games, a custom Achievement system, plus the ability to take our collecting duo on the go without the need for extravagant extension leads!

The Playtonic team has spent many, many months optimising Yooka-Laylee for Nintendo Switch (with technical help and support from Nintendo and Unity themselves!) and we believe we’re delivering a version Nintendo fans can be proud of.

Players can expect a quality experience both on and away from the television and on top of that, Switch players will benefit from the huge list of updates we’ve added since launch such as a brand new camera mode, control improvements, menu options, music… and a lot more!

Thanks again for your continued support and patience. We hope you agree Yooka-Laylee for Nintendo Switch is worth the wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm only getting it because I funded it and changed to the Switch version at the time, from the WiiU one when it was cancelled.
    I really shouldn't have bothered, when I could get a physical copy for the PS4/XB1 for loose change prices.

IGN have a clip of the game running in handheld mode. There's other links to more videos in the description but they don't work. Maybe they were put up too soon.

5 Minutes of Yooka-Laylee on Nintendo Switch Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmi3kwGyXmI

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm only getting it because I funded it and changed to the Switch version at the time, from the WiiU one when it was cancelled.
    I really shouldn't have bothered, when I could get a physical copy for the PS4/XB1 for loose change prices.

I did the same, I think I should have cancelled but the exchange rate was crap, I wouldn't have got back what I paid. I'd also rather have a physical version. It could happen if it sells alright on Switch. How much did we pay again? £20 wasn't it? You can buy the physical PS4 version for £12 new or on Ebay for even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't wait for this. Really looking forward to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I am too. From that IGN footage, it looks like it's running well on the Switch.
    Know there were issues with Unity, which held it back, but I'm probably more forgiving than other folks of those kind of delays.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Know there were issues with Unity, which held it back, but I'm probably more forgiving than other folks of those kind of delays.

It's great that they are no longer going head-to-head with a certain Italian plumber too... :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see Gear Club Unlimited is out, only read one review that was 3.5/5
    Might get it regardless, comes to less than €30 on the Mexican eshop.
    Could do with a different experience on the system.
    Badges, we don't need your stinking badges!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see Gear Club Unlimited is out, only read one review that was 3.5/5
    Might get it regardless, comes to less than €30 on the Mexican eshop.
    Could do with a different experience on the system.
    Badges, we don't need your stinking badges!

The reviews for it seem decent. It definitely leans more towards the arcadey style of racer than simulation though. If that's what you're in to it looks like a great purchase.

Playtonic had help from both Nintendo and Unity with the Switch port(can't believe I'm saying that, after them getting the majority of their Kickstarter money from Wii U backers, then that's cancelled and Nintendo fans have to wait 8 months longer than everyone else). So I'm sure it'll be more than fine technically. Ya Cidey, you're not alone. it was my first experience with Kickstarter and it was disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You feel bad about that I kickstarted Mighty no 9 to the tune of 100 quid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The only Kickstarter I was ever close to supporting was for the Deadly Premonition board game. Then I thought the chances of me finding someone who is as obsessed with DP as I am, and is also willing to sit down for about an hour learning how to play it is too slim.

I kind of regret not backing it though. DP Switch port please.

You feel bad about that I kickstarted Mighty no 9 to the tune of 100 quid :(

Oh God, ya, that was a disaster and the stuff of memes for years to come. I don't know if it takes the crown but it's a very prominent front runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Oh God, ya, that was a disaster and the stuff of memes for years to come. I don't know if it takes the crown but it's a very prominent front runner.

It's painful as well because Mighty No. 9's protagonist, Beck, actually did end starring in a decent Megaman clone with his role in Mighty Gunvolt.

So I've mentioned before that eShop sales aren't significant. Well I came across figures for digital sales of Super Mario Odyssey in Japan for the first 3 days, which is 63,538. During the same time period, physical sales were 511,625. So digital sales equate to about 11% of the overall total.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/167974637969

https://www.destructoid.com/super-mario-odyssey-passed-half-a-million-japanese-sales-in-thre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What's the significance of sales to the consumer?

To be honest, the Nintendo digital scene is so, dare I say, backward or if I'm being kind, nascent then it's hardly surprising that digital sales lag behind, especially where traditional Nintendo owners would have had minimal reason to use the service up to now.
    I'd say the bulk of Nintendo owners prior to the Switch owned Wii and DS/3DS consoles, with physical media all the way.
    But, the promise of a broader install base of non-traditional Nintendo owners, people who already enjoy the matured online environments of the PS and XB will gravitate more readily to the eshop, perhaps, and we'll see digital sales increase.
    By the same token, it's the overall sales that matter, no?

Street Heat - Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3H18B6pvg

• Fiercely competitive arcade racing: Trade paint as you push your competition off the track and scrape your way to first place in fast and frantic four-player races.
    • Flexible online multiplayer: Simultaneously take on friends and strangers both locally and online via matchmaking that supports multiple local players.
    • Challenging AI: Fancy offline tussles? Whether playing solo or with a friend or two, fill in the spare slots with AI racers and tweak their skill settings to ensure a competitive race every time.
    • Randomized hazards: With slippery oil slicks and deadly train carriages roaring through Street Heat’s twisting cityscapes, no two races are the same. And with no respawns available, every turn could be your last!
    • Rise up the ranks: Rack up the victories to unlock new cars and skins.
    • Tournament play: Participate in multi-race events where points are awarded for finishing positions, fastest laps and kills.
    • Track voting system: Everybody gets a say in which track’s up next via a post-race ballot.

It'll be out at some point in 2018.

Shin Megami Tensei V on Nintendo Switch is Coming to the West!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TepXZN3Pw8o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Shin Megami Tensei V on Nintendo Switch is Coming to the West!

Yes!

Advertisement