Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That seems the long speculated January Direct confirmed so. Although I doubt we'll hear it in this one, would be interesting to know what game Sakurai is working on, along with Aonuma's other project, the possible 'thief' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Corholio wrote: »
    That seems the long speculated January Direct confirmed so. Although I doubt we'll hear it in this one, would be interesting to know what game Sakurai is working on, along with Aonuma's other project, the possible 'thief' one.

I keep forgetting Nint has said they have some new IP in the wings for next year. Everytime I think of whats coming its either: Fire Emblem/Kirby/Yoshi potentially in the first half and then Metroid/Pokemon/SMTV as a possible Xmas 2018 launch (Im optimistic)

Lets hops for more new IP as good as Splatoon, and less so as ARMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What exactly is Nintendo Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A Nintendo Direct is a video presentation by Nintendo showing upcoming games and products on Nintendo systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If the rumours are to be believed, we'll get the first footage of Metroid prime 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gunmonkey wrote:
    Lets hops for more new IP as good as Splatoon, and less so as ARMS.

What's the problem with Arms? I thought it was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I'd gladly take another game like ARMS. I still play it a few times a week and it's gotten great post launch support.

The party crash events are fun too.

2AwesomeStudio have put out a new trailer for Dimension Drive ahead of its launch.

Dimension Drive - 4K trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNirg-NVZc
    Dimension Drive delivers ’80s blistering arcade cabinet gameplay reinvented for modern times. Pilots will have to masterfully shift between dual playing fields in frantic fashion. It’s practically like playing two games at once! 

Dimension Drive’s art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and be amazed at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space had to be black?
    • 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side. 
    • Unlock several weapons by finding secret data cubes. 
    • 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and Insane! 
    • Single player and local co-op: Enjoy total cooperative gameplay where both players share everything!
    • Mirror Dimension: Finished the 13 levels of the campaign? Play the Mirror Dimension levels. 13 extra levels in this New Game+ mode.

Available December 7th on Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux.

A positive and touching news story.

EMOTIONAL MOMENT STUDENTS SURPRISE TEACHER WITH NINTENDO SWITCH AFTER HIS WIFE PASSED AWAY AND SON IS DIAGNOSED WITH LEUKAEMIA

https://www.storytrender.com/33900/emotional-moment-students-surprise-teacher-nintendo-switch-wife-passed-away-son-diagnosed-leukaemia/

That was really nice of them. Some people have it really rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    2AwesomeStudio have put out a new trailer for Dimension Drive ahead of its launch.

Looks very confusing. I'd love a regular version of that game without the dimension gimmick. It looks like solid shooter.

• Advertisement

Tennis in the Face on Nintendo Switch™ Starting December 8th

Tennis in the Face, a physics based puzzle game with slapstick comedy by 10tons, will become available for Nintendo Switch™ on December 8th. The game is priced $4.99 USD (€4.99 EUR).

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/310821/Tennis_in_the_Face_on_Nintendo_Switch_Starting_December_8th.php

Here's the official trailer to get an idea of what it looks like. It's from nearly 5 years ago I see.

Tennis in the Face Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy89VgChYDc

Oh look, everyone's favourite piece of $h1t being advertised as a great Christmas present. Imagine the disappointed faces of people on Christmas morning if they unwrap this crap.

1-2-Switch - Fun for all the Family this Christmas (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xX45zCrqek

Though I did laugh at the last line.
    Yes, indeed, George, what are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh ****, if it has a new ad you *know* it's getting pushed on the Toy Show tonight instead of showing all of the good games...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Banjo wrote: »
    Oh ****, if it has a new ad you *know* it's getting pushed on the Toy Show tonight instead of showing all of the good games...

rte dont advertise for the switch or did you forget that :pac:

I just read back what I wrote above and thought "disappointed faeces". Made me laugh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's the game that might get the mammies and daddies on board. It may have the Wii effect. Not a bad idea this time of year.

magnumbud wrote: »
    rte dont advertise for the switch or did you forget that :pac:

No, no, no! They don't advertise Nintendo fullstop. ;)

Indie developers The Game Bakers brings their ultra-fast-paced, combat-action hit Furi to Nintendo Switch.

https://www.thegamebakers.com/bossfight-on-the-go-furi-is-coming-to-switch-early-2018/

Full press release at the above link.

Furi Switch Trailer - Coming early 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnN58Sh7ODY

It will be €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Furi is cool. Very hard though - I don't think I ever got past the 4th enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd buy that for a dollar! (or a euro. Or 20 euro even!)

• Advertisement

The Sexy Brutale will release next week, December 7th.

For those who can't remember what it is, here's a trailer, albeit on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5eEImRQv4

It reviewed very well elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Mr E wrote: »
    Furi is cool. Very hard though - I don't think I ever got past the 4th enemy.

I couldn't beat the second!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Isn't Cuphead coming to the Switch in the new year? That would be a perfect fit also. Well, apart from the risk playing in handheld mode that you might fling the thing across the room in frustration! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,053 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Isn't Cuphead coming to the Switch in the new year? That would be a perfect fit also. Well, apart from the risk playing in handheld mode that you might fling the thing across the room in frustration! :pac:

No I think Cuphead is a Microsoft exclusive. It's really good so the more that can enjoy it the better.

Cuphead is an XBOX exclusive I think as far as consoles go.

More footage of Tennis in the Face.

Tennis in the Face | Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwVyW2hqPE

Looks like a decent bit of fun for a fiver.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No I think Cuphead is a Microsoft exclusive. It's really good so the more that can enjoy it the better.

Ah that's right I forgot, shame. Will have to get it on the Xbox so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,053 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I bought it last week for Xbox buy I was able to download and play on my Surface so it'll run on just about any PC/Laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Think I also got stuck on Furis 4th boss, the water guy in the green cavern? Its a great game, was saying last week I'd love it on Switch.

A! I right in thinking Darkest Dungeon doesn't have a release date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You may have seen that guy hawking his streaming app (rain something?) play Cuphead on switch via PC?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    You may have seen that guy hawking his streaming app (rain something?) play Cuphead on switch via PC?

Was probably just a combination of wishful thinking and old age. :)

Having said that I'm too stingy to pay €20 for it on Xbox so what hope it would ever have been cheaper on Switch. I reckon Gunvolt and Tiny Barbarian will satisfy my retro itch on Switch. Can't wait to get it now.

Advertisement