Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What's all the fuss about? If Amazon do t fix this and she's not happy, sure Lever Brothers will give her her money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

The same happened to my girlfirend when she bought a Samsung s8 plus from Amazon
    Phone box was in plastic she opened it and bam a dummy s7 edge was in it!!!.

Still fighting with Amazon a month later to get a refund!!!

did she buy off of amazon directly? or off a 3rd party seller on amazon? only time i had trouble sorting getting a refund or anything was when it was a 3rd party and the amazon customer care had to chase the sellar for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Friends to the End Official Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtfsGYBviE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

magnumbud wrote: »
    did she buy off of amazon directly? or off a 3rd party seller on amazon? only time i had trouble sorting getting a refund or anything was when it was a 3rd party and the amazon customer care had to chase the sellar for the money

Bought of Amazon them selfs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

Banjo wrote: »
    I've had one crash on Switch, and I accidentally clipped through the front of one house. Other than that, it's been pretty good. I can see his point, but I haven't been living with these issues for 5 years so I don't feel it the way he does. And... you know.... all those little niggles just trigger my Morrowind nostalgia.

I think Jim Sterling thinks he knows Bethesda games, and what makes them popular, better than Bethesda does. In my opinion he is wrong.

Which each new edition of Skyrim there is a ton of work that goes into porting the game and doing all of the necessary upgrades and updates. Even on the PS4 game there are still updates from time to time.

Bethesda are, again in my opinion, deliberately not fixing some of the bugs in the game because actually they ARE a feature of the game. They are what facilitates the game going viral and so long as they are not constant and do not prevent you from playing the game at all they are kind of part of the fun of Skyrim and Fallout.

I wonder would Skyrim have the same online community if the game was just running perfectly 100% of the time?

I would put forward the argument that sometimes, counter-intuitively, a games flaws and errors can actually be part of the fun of the game so long as the game is still fundamentally good. I'd say, for Skyrim, Bethesda actually know this and so the flaws remain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What's all the fuss about? If Amazon do t fix this and she's not happy, sure Lever Brothers will give her her money back...

Or exchange it for some Cillit Bang... BANG! And your Switch is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Persilonally I buy all my stuff her in shops. At least you know the seller won't vanish when there's an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

manual_man wrote: »
    Or exchange it for some Cillit Bang... BANG! And your Switch is gone

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What a dazaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You might even say... That it was Juan Sheet thing to happen to that poor lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well as sligeach always says, buying Switch stuff is dear and she certainly got cleaned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That's some switch tax

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This looks interesting. Switch exclusive as well.

'The Next Penelope'

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I REEEEEAAAAAAALLLY want this to be good....

But it's going to be ****e, isn't it?

:'(

I guess that's another year that the majestic Bobo Ghostiepants won't be getting back in the squared circle...

I REEEEEAAAAAAALLLY want this to be good....

But it's going to be ****e, isn't it?

:'(

I guess that's another year that the majestic Bobo Ghostiepants won't be getting back in the squared circle...

Yes.

Yooka-Laylee will be €40 when it releases next week.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Yooka-Laylee-1205456.html#Overview

Yes, you read right. €40. Thankfully my copy is already paid for but that's bonkers for those who didn't back the game. It's far cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,054 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Yes.

Yooka-Laylee will be €40 when it releases next week.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Yooka-Laylee-1205456.html#Overview

Yes, you read right. €40. Thankfully my copy is already paid for but that's bonkers for those who didn't back the game. It's far cheaper elsewhere.

It's €39.99 on Xbox and €19.99 on PS4. Looks like PS is the outlier there.

520 ZAR (South Africa) which is about €32.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mr E wrote: »
    520 ZAR (South Africa) which is about €32.50.

Still way overpriced considering the PS4 version has been gotten for 8 pounds or less. **** that noise.

It's a new release on Switch. You can't expect them to sell it for peanuts there just because it's coming out 8 months later. They did lots of extra development to optimise it on Switch, single joycon support for the multiplayer games, better shadows, different resolutions for docked vs. undocked, and they've added a custom achievement system. It's not the exact same game that came out on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Am I going to get an e-mailed code for the download on release day?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Am I going to get an e-mailed code for the download on release day?

Is this a shakedown? If you get emailed a code will i find myself with a custom title and one free "attack the man not the post" card?

Given the 8 month delay and the switch from Wii U to Switch debacle, I think a lower price would have been in order. Yes, I appreciate they did extra work and I said before that Nintendo and Unity helped out with the Switch port. Maybe they've to get paid as well. Still this price hasn't gone down well elsewhere and it's very likely to hurt it's sales. We need reviews as well to see what they did. The other consoles got patches for the game and I'm not all the extra work will stay exclusive to Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm still p1ssed off to be getting a game that's been and gone on other formats.
    I mean, even with the improvements the game was still weak.
    It was only when it came out did we realise we'd outgrown Banjo Kazooie.

WWE 2K18 | Seth Rollins | Nintendo Switch VS PS4 | COMPARISON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGl7mcdv6g

Big graphical differences, then there's other things like 6 wrestlers on screen versus 8 on XB1/PS4. I expect worse Switch reviews as it's bad on the other aforementioned consoles.

Is this a shakedown? If you get emailed a code will i find myself with a custom title and one free "attack the man not the post" card?

Sorry, I had a long day and that just flew straight over my head.
    Didn't even have the wit to reach up and catch it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

One for the shmup fans, Dimension Drive is out tomorrow on the e-shop.

I can see why this reviewed $h1t everywhere, not just on Switch.

WWE 2K18 Nintendo Switch...This Game Is A Mess...- Spawn Wave Plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSnDXZL8V6s

WWE 2K18's Looks Gnarly On The Switch

https://kotaku.com/wwe-2k18s-switch-port-is-gnarly-1821064668

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Big graphical differences, then there's other things like 6 wrestlers on screen versus 8 on XB1/PS4. I expect worse Switch reviews as it's bad on the other aforementioned consoles.
    Im not into wrestling but many are. But the comparison videos with switch vs other consoles are not worth watching. Seriously. We all know the switch shouldn't and won't perform better. Most people won't care. I know I don't. Give me any multiplatform game and it choose it on switch. Stellar graphics are cool don't get me wrong but as a Taxi driver, if I can bring a slightly inferior version to freakin work with me everyday, I'll have that please and thank you. And I'm sure many many people feel the same way.
    P.s I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking the people who make these videos when there's no need because most normal people don't care in the slightest if the shadows are better in one version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just watched this and the difference isn't even that much to be honest. From a non forensic perspective. I notices the posts the hold up the ring are like led screens on ps4 and standard posts on switch but besides that not a big difference to be fair.

Advertisement