Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    One for the shmup fans, Dimension Drive is out tomorrow on the e-shop.

As a proper shmup fan I would have thought you'd have reported this one!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/12/90s_shmup_classic_gunbird_will_be_blasting_things_to_pieces_on_switch_this_week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I figured you knew about that one already. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I figured you knew about that one already. ;)

I already have it on the PS2, in that collection.
    Also, the western release on PS1, Mobile Light Force, just strange changes to the games content.

But I'll buy it again.

Wish they'd bring out the Cave titles to the system.
    That
    Would
    Be AWESOME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Another thing to take from the Yooka-Laylee Nintendo page is its file size. It's nearly 5.8GB, though I see another site say 5.3GB. I'd rather trust the official source.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Yooka-Laylee-1205456.html#gameDetails

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

iamtony wrote: »
    Just watched this and the difference isn't even that much to be honest. From a non forensic perspective. I notices the posts the hold up the ring are like led screens on ps4 and standard posts on switch but besides that not a big difference to be fair.

It's a bad comparison video, I think. It's different sets/rings - they should have used the same environment. I think it looks fine, but I've heard it slows down. Either way, it was a purchase for me, but, I only have a 32gig card in my Switch at the moment. I'm planning to upgrade it, but any game that requires a massive download for me is a no go, on principal. If I buy a game physically, I want it to work without any updates. Sure, there can be later features missing, but if Nintendo disappear tomorrow and the eShop is gone, WWE 2K18 is unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: I've split the Sony discussion to a new thread.

A bit of a strange ad from Nyko.

Nyko Accessories for Nintendo Switch™ - 360 Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLMDvz9jkE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I already have it on the PS2, in that collection.
    Also, the western release on PS1, Mobile Light Force, just strange changes to the games content.

But I'll buy it again.

Wish they'd bring out the Cave titles to the system.
    That
    Would
    Be AWESOME!!

yeah cave games would be amazing, I'd say they will come soon as there mad for the mobile ports, and Ketsue came out on the DS as well so there well able to port them.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero to get Limited Physical Release on Nintendo Switch
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero receives physical release on Nintendo Switch packed with DLC and physical items, making it a complete adventure for fans to jump into.

https://www.dualshockers.com/shantae-half-genie-hero-get-limited-physical-release-nintendo-switch/

Yooka-Laylee Nintendo Switch / Xbox One Graphical Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CTH10VB1fs

It holds up really well, there's a few tiny differences but it looks good to me. I'm impressed. You'd want to be going through it with a fine tooth comb to see them, which is what I did. In fact in some instances it looks better on Switch. I hope they've fixed the complaints and that it really is the definitive version of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Faints.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Both Outlast games due next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Both Outlast games due next year

I enjoyed the first one, not sure if I played the second one or just the dlc from the first game. The first one was free on ps+ if I remember correctly. I Won't be buying it that's for sure but if youve never played it I'd recommend it.
    Actually I just watched the trailer for number 2 and I haven't played it and it looks good so I will buy it. Straight after I collect the rest of my power moons. Only about 500 left to get. Man I love odyssey so much. Its really is getting better and better the further into it I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The outlast games are too scary for me, not for me I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yeah fuk that.

Resident Evil Revelations Collection on Switch: Full Tech Analysis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s58Ei38aKIM

Some surprising early NPD sales information coming in. Nothing official yet, but it says that PS4 was first, XB1 was second and Switch was last in terms of hardware sold for the month of November. Not just that, but that PS4 sold twice that of Switch. XB1 was 10% less than PS4. Better news in the software chart, Super Mario Odyssey came second in the software chart. COD: WWII was number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

sligeach wrote: »
    Some surprising early NPD sales information coming in. Nothing official yet, but it says that PS4 was first, XB1 was second and Switch was last in terms of hardware sold for the month of November. Not just that, but that PS4 sold twice that of Switch. XB1 was 10% less than PS4. Better news in the software chart, Super Mario Odyssey came second in the software chart. COD: WWII was number 1.

Don't forget to buy a switch for christmas will cost €€€ , if your a parent and not savy enough to bargain hunt online you are talking €330 for a switch + another €50-100 for games plus another €20 or so for a case, take into account then how much a PS4 of Xbox would have cost €250 plus 2-3 games included on black friday week and no other accessories required bar maybe an extra controller. Easy choice for most parents at this stage.

• Advertisement

MegaMan 11 will be getting a physical release it seems.

More Mega Man 11 Details – Physical Release Confirmed, Star Force Composer & More

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/12/more-mega-man-11-details-physical.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2544&v=2WuiCcI5ftM

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

sligeach wrote: »

The numbers are incorrect according to Mat Piscatella, an NPD analyst, but the order of consoles is correct. Looks to be an excellent month for the industry as a whole, with PS4 and Xbox One having record Novembers, and Switch having it's best month since launch.

Hey, Nintendo Didn't Delay Any Games This Year

https://kotaku.com/hey-nintendo-didnt-delay-any-games-this-year-1821138330

That's pretty good. Though if you look at the chart, I see one game didn't make it, but it's from a 3rd party. Steep from Ubisoft and to be honest, I'm not sure there's any point, there's been no talk from them and and anything that reportedly does come out is that they're struggling big time to get it to run. The game's been out over a year elsewhere and costs very little compared to what the Switch price would be.

I kind of thought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would get delayed, a lot of people did. Makes me think about its Expansion Pass.

Also, the article does mention that Nintendo didn't have a complete home run, they delayed their online subscription service until some unknown date next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The longer they delay it the worse it's going to be for them. The list of first party games I can play online for free gets longer, so my demands and expectations of a chargeable service will get higher and higher. If splat net is any indication, they cannot meet my expectations and offer me something worth paying for. And they must surely be conscious that when they switch it on they're turning off Splatoon for any non-subscribers

A 3.8 score from IGN for WWE 2K18 :(

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2017/12/09/wwe-2k18-for-switch-review?read

I know it would never happen but I'd love to see an exclusive WWE series for Switch like when Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy was on N64 and Smackdown was on PS.

Or just release No Mercy with updated graphics and roster. Still the best wrestling game of all time imo.

I wonder if, playing devil's advocate here, if Nintendo didn't listen to the concerns of the great unwashed and go back and rethink their online strategy completely.
    I suppose it's not without precedent, compared to the shift by MS with the XB1 and even Sony and their overhaul of the pitiful online of the PS3 to the smooth stylings of the PS4.
    Either way, I'm dying to see what it'll be like.

It has to be something dramatic. It can't be like free one day and then say, "from tomorrow we will be charging for the online service but we've changed nothing". A rumoured Netflix service with NES games would not be enticing, even with added online/multiplayer.

What are they going to do about transferring previous VC purchases? That would be a lot of lost income, no doubt they'd charge for an upgrade, or can they? Wii to Wii U was somewhat understandable. They want to keep tapping that well but they won't get away with people buying a VC game for the umpteenth time, that's why I think it'll be a different model this around to get away with it. I can envisage various different online packages with the €20 being the basic online entry point.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see. It's another thing as well though that bugs me about the Switch, it's 9 months old and there's not been a peep about Virtual Console or other things like a web browser.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Ultimate Day One Edition (Nintendo Switch)
    61vUE1-pYIL._SY400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077Y3GCSW/

It's available now to pre-order on Amazon for £40 and is only being produced in a limited quantity, so if you want it, it might be advisable to act fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

If they released a Virtual Console right now with all the nes snes n64 GameCube and Wii games with no way of recognising past purchases, I’d still buy them all again in a heartbeat just for the luxury of being able to play them all from one console and on the go, that’s how much of a raving Nintendo fan I am. :pac:

Advertisement