Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A port of Romancing SaGa 2 is coming out next week, it is the first time it has got a western console release.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »

Yeah it's a great game, gorgeous retro aesthetic too. Won't be double dipping myself but anyone who likes twin stick shooters should pick it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What are the chances of etrian odyssey ever coming to switch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What are the chances of etrian odyssey ever coming to switch?

I'd say it's a sure thing, it'd be amazing to see it finally on a screen that can do the visuals justice.
    I'd say, too, there's a ton of 3DS franchises making the move, Layton for example.
    Should be a good 2018!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

Launches in May 2018.
    To celebrate the 30th anniversary of one of the world’s most popular video game series of all time, Capcom has announced the ultimate tribute to the Street Fighter arcade legacy in the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC coming in May 2018. The collection highlights the series’ past in this anthology of 12 iconic titles with arcade-perfect balancing, including the original Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact and Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

Players will be able to take the fight online in four of the classic titles for even more gameplay options, including Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike. Players can recreate the classic arcade gaming experience by competing against the CPU while waiting for friends in online battles where they can put their fighting skills to the ultimate test. Lobbies support up to four players waiting to climb up the ranks through Ranked Matches. Each title will also have their own Global leaderboards and the “rewind” tech ensures low-latency online battles.

With the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, fans can re-visit historic moments from the series, including the introduction of two of gaming’s most famous heroes - Ryu and Ken in the original Street Fighter, and explore the timeline of events that helped create one of the world’s leading fighting game series. Fans can take a walk down memory lane in the Museum and view stunning pieces of concept art, scroll through character bios and uncover little known facts behind each game release with an interactive timeline. Audiophiles can also sit back and relax while listening to the most memorable Street Fighter tunes in the Music Player.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection will have a simultaneous release in May 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC both digitally and at retail (console versions only).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Holy ****, that's a pretty tremendous deal.

According to EB Australia Rocket League is getting a worldwide physical release.
    741b406f9e0e4b57b1f3a4b8f740d200_Medium.png

The Rocket League: Collector's Edition Contains:
    • Rocket League Base Game
    • Wheels and Player Banner inspired by DC Comic's "The Flash"
    • 3 DLC Packs
    • Premium DLC Battle-Cars
    • Art Print

• Content Overload: Rocket League: Collector's Edition includes every item from the previously-released DLC Packs, "Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars," and "Chaos Run."
    • Insane Customization: Personalize your vehicle with hundreds of different items for MORE THAN 100 BILLION possible combinations!
    • Awesome Arenas: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, and Wasteland (with multiple variants of most maps)
    • Fantastic Multiplayer: 4-Player Splitscreen, 8-Player Online, Ranked and Unranked play, special Mutator-themed playlist(s), Private Match support (with named rooms and optional passwords), and Cross-Network play with select platforms
    • Cool Game Modes: Exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), and Offline Season Mode, plus additional game-types like Snow Day and Hoops
    • Features and Then Some: Replay Viewer, customizable controls, "Mutator" game-variant options (Ball Type, Ball Speed, Boost Strength, Max Score, Match Length, etc.), and more

Take control of your own high-flying, hard-hitting, rocket-powered Battle-Car in the critically-acclaimed, futuristic Sports-Action hit, Rocket League: Collector's Edition!

Coming to retail stores worldwide, Rocket League: Collector's Edition combines all the fun and fervor of the original base game, plus all the cars and content found in the highly-popular "Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars," and "Chaos Run" DLC packs.

Rocket League equips players with booster-rigged vehicles that can be crashed into balls for incredible goals or epic saves across multiple, highly-detailed arenas. Using an advanced physics system that maximizes one-to-one control, Rocket League relies on mass and momentum to give players a complete sense of intuitive gameplay in this unbelievable, high-octane re-imagining of association football!

https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225666-Rocket-League-Collectors-Edition-Switch

https://ninmobilenews.com/news/2017/12/07/rocket-league-collectors-edition-listing-appears-for-nintendo-switch/

We're supposed to be getting more information this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That Street Fighter Anniversary edition was previously rumoured to be skipping Switch as well so it shows it pays to wait for actual announcements.

First time on a Nintendo console for Third Strike as well.

• Advertisement

The Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection P1$$€$ all over Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers and will supposedly be the same price, $40, so €40.

Rocket League: Collector's Edition is $60 Australian, they normally get hammered on prices and even if it's a straight conversion, it still should be no more than €40.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

Launches in May 2018.

Bit of a boot in the nethers to those who invested in Ultra Street Fighter II no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

a SF game a year it seems

Mr E wrote: »

Perfect Type of game for the Switch on the go too

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Bit of a boot in the nethers to those who invested in Ultra Street Fighter II no?

It's a Chun-Li Hyakuretsu Kyaku kick to the balls. It kind of makes it redundant when Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection arrives, well it does have the updated graphics mode but so did the XB360 10 years ago and it was a fraction of the cost. I expect a lot of people will be selling off their copies soon to recoup some of their money before SF30AC arrives. It never should have been €40 in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Never played a street fighter game so this would be a cool place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,055 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's a Chun-Li Hyakuretsu Kyaku kick to the balls. .

Isn't this a bit hypocritical when you've been complaining about re-releases affecting the price of your collector editions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Never played a street fighter game so this would be a cool place to start.

How is this possible??

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Isn't this a bit hypocritical when you've been complaining about re-releases affecting the price of your collector editions?

No, it's nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,055 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No, it's nothing like that.

Sorry, I read your post as it's though luck with the release of SF.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    How is this possible??

Never owned a snes or mega drive. First proper home console i owned was PS1. At which point I became a massive tekken fan.
    Street fighter passed me by. And then they decided to release a hundred different versions of Street fighter 2 so never knew where was the right place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Invested, me hole.

I bought it and played it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭geotrig

its no different than any street fighter that has come before it as within months capcom have an update version out !, i've bought and played usf2u and its grand ill probably get the 30th anniversery as well ! :rolleyes: i dont buy these to invest, just to play !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Never owned a snes or mega drive. First proper home console i owned was PS1. At which point I became a massive tekken fan.
    Street fighter passed me by. And then they decided to release a hundred different versions of Street fighter 2 so never knew where was the right place to start.

Generally speaking the best versions to play of each are considered to be:

SF2: Hyper fighting or Super Turbo
    SFA: Alpha 2
    SF3: Third Strike

There is no good version of SF1

Out of all the games in the collection, SF2 Super Turbo is the one that has the most active community scene 20 years later, so could be considered the "best" overall.

Third Strike is kinda it's own weird best, but has arguably has the best looking and best animated spritework of any game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah Third Strike is gorgeous to look at. I kind of miss the sprite style since they moved to the 3D models. The character design went all weird then. The Ryu and Ken we have now just look all wrong imho.

Out of all the games in the collection, SF2 Super Turbo is the one that has the most active community scene 20 years later, so could be considered the "best" overall.

Third Strike is kinda it's own weird best, but has arguably has the best looking and best animated spritework of any game ever made.

Cheers for the tips. I think the only version of Tekken I never picked up was Street Fighter X Tekken. That would have eased me in nicely.

I disagree, Street Fighter 1 on C64 was a masterpiece. I never knew of any other version back then. I think I only ever played the first 2 rounds and said that's enough of this $h1t.

SQUARE ENIX INTERESTED IN PORTING CLASSIC GAMES TO NINTENDO SWITCH

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/square-enix-interested-in-porting-classic-games-to-nintendo-switch/

Yay, more old games, no doubt with €60 price tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

SQUARE ENIX INTERESTED IN PORTING CLASSIC GAMES TO NINTENDO SWITCH

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/square-enix-interested-in-porting-classic-games-to-nintendo-switch/

Yay, more old games, no doubt with €60 price tags.
    great news... cant wait to have options to take on the go with my switch....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That would be great if it comes to pass. I might actually finish a Final Fantasy game!

Advertisement