Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I'd gladly buy an updated FF9.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    SQUARE ENIX INTERESTED IN PORTING CLASSIC GAMES TO NINTENDO SWITCH

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/square-enix-interested-in-porting-classic-games-to-nintendo-switch/

Yay, more old games, no doubt with €60 price tags.

I doubt it. Square have been quite good with re-releasing games around the 20e mark. Most FF games came in at around 20 on Steam launch, bar maybe the newer ones like FFXIII. I'd happily pay that for FF7,8,9, X. I would go as high as 30 for a physical copy.

I'd gladly buy an updated FF9.

I expect to get the same as the PC version. Slightly updated visuals and the "cheat" mode. I don't really want remastered, it will look good on the smaller screen anyway. While I don't know if I could do 7 again, I'd love if they did 8, 9, X, and some of the older ones like V and VI that I've either never played or just didn't finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If the Square Enix games were €20 then that would be fine but I don't expect that to happen.

Black The Fall - Nintendo Switch™ Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02T_wyctkQQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

We'll know the switch has made it when it gets the inevitable resident evil 4 port.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Capcom seem to have woken up finally.

Also..

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/940265336330440705

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Inviere

Two things about the Street Fighter games:

1) Good luck to anyone attempting to play them properly or half decently with joycons.
    2) They look horrendous (on all formats) due to the pixelation of modern screens. There really should have been some scanline options programmed in, because they all have really gorgeous sprites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just got my code there for Yooka-Laylee, already pre-loading.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inviere wrote: »
    Two things about the Street Fighter games:

1) Good luck to anyone attempting to play them properly or half decently with joycons.
    2) They look horrendous (on all formats) due to the pixelation of modern screens. There really should have been some scanline options programmed in, because they all have really gorgeous sprites.

Sligeach? :P

Hori have the dedicated players covered for point 1 anyway, Amazon link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We'll know the switch has made it when it gets the inevitable resident evil 4 port.

Sigh

*gets credit card*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sligeach? :P

Hori have the dedicated players covered for point 1 anyway, Amazon link.

Sligeach has bought a switch now, we'll have to take his concerns seriously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sligeach has bought a switch now, we'll have to take his concerns seriously.

But there'll be far fewer concerns.
    Because instead of reading other opinions on the internet he'll get to experience and come up with his own!
    Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But there'll be far fewer concerns.
    Because instead of reading other opinions on the internet he'll get to experience and come up with his own!
    Woohoo!

Your optimism is admirable.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Did slí really buy a switch? I'm genuinely happy about this.
    I presume he got odyssey and I know he will enjoy the crap out of it like no other!

Pinball FX3 Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfxglrw3BSQ
    Pinball FX3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch on December 12! Download the game for free and get a free table!

Exciting unique features on Nintendo Switch including vertical orientation and HD Rumble!

As a big fan of Family Guy, Bob's Burgers and American Dad, the Balls of Glory Pinball Pack looks very interesting. The free table is called Sorcerer's Lair(it's an old table, you can find footage of it on Youtube).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was looking at it on the PS and it all can get very expensive.
    I'd rather a selection of tables for a set price instead

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was looking at it on the PS and it all can get very expensive.
    I'd rather a selection of tables for a set price instead

They usually offer themed packs of tables. I've FX2 on the Wii U, and really enjoyed a few of the ones on it. The two Southpark ones in particular (one of which is Butters themed)

Best of all, they usually let you try before you buy too, so you know if you'll like the table or not.

I just don't get pinball. Never had, never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

chrislad wrote: »
    I just don't get pinball. Never had, never will.

I get actual, physical, pinball, though I'm terrible at it generally. I don't really see the attraction of pinball games on computer or consoles though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I get actual, physical, pinball, though I'm terrible at it generally. I don't really see the attraction of pinball games on computer or consoles though.

Windows pinball was epic.

Actual pinball is amazing.

Virtual pinball is fun but nothing compared to the real thing.

This also applies to love making.

Windows pinball was epic.

Galactic Pinball on the Virtual Boy is fantastic, although the ball is more of a hockey puck.

Actual pinball is amazing.

Virtual pinball is fun but nothing compared to the real thing.

This also applies to love making.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I still think the best virtual pinball game I've ever played is Pokémon pinball on the original Gameboy.

Metroid prime pinball on DS is a distant second.
    Woohoo!

I don't believe this is true of almost anyone on the internet. Everybody just bandwagons onto whatever other opinions are going at any particular moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I still think the best virtual pinball game I've ever played is Pokémon pinball on the original Gameboy.

Wait wait wait, surely you mean Pinball Dreams on the Amiga?? :D

My only foray into the field was Revenge of the Gator on the Game Boy. I played it a lot, but that was more because I didn't have many other games, so it was that or starve.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Steamworld Heist: Ultimate edition coming to Switch on December 28th.
    Includes DLC and touch screen controls, with more content promised.

Too many games, too little time. Another brilliant game.

I liked both for the rumble thingy they had going on.
    But Warioware Twisted is the best funky cart game on the GBA ever.

I don't believe this is true of almost anyone on the internet. Everybody just bandwagons onto whatever other opinions are going at any particular moment.

I was being needlessly mean there, and I'm sorry I said it.

It's great that people are opening themselves up to Switch ownership, there's plenty to love about the console, also some disappointments, balance in all things it seems.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    Guns, Gore & Cannoli will be making its way to Nintendo Switch

http://info.gunsgorecannoli.com/back-from-the-dead/

And a trailer of what the game is all about. This is from a couple of years ago.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tIP8RSivbY

This is down for a December 21st release on the eShop.

Advertisement