Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rhythm Game VOEZ Coming To Nintendo Switch

A new Nintendo Switch game has been revealed in the latest edition of Famitsu. That game is VOEZ which is labelled as a rhythm action title and is developed by Flyhigh Works. Details are scarce but you will be tasked with growing a band that consists of six boys and girls. VOEZ is already available on iOS and Android so you can check it out before it arrives on the Nintendo Switch.
    voez_scan.jpg?w=760

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/21/rhythm-game-voez-coming-to-nintendo-switch/

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/21/new-rhythm-game-called-voez-announced-nintendo-switch/

This is coming to the Switch.

TROLL AND I - FEATURES TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4qSm-nZn8

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

That looks very cool indeed

And yet another game coming.

Battle Princess Madelyn Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqt4uY-xWU

"Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.

Set in the vein of classic Ghouls N' Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday, and the self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!

Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, the countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breath taking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!"

There's some awesome looking sprite work going on there.
    If the gameplay's as good as it's spiritual predecessor I'll be pick that up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From the creator of TowerFall, Celeste is coming to the Switch at some point this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Xenji wrote: »
    ...Celeste is coming to the Switch at some point this year.

I knew that name was familair, the original game (or prototype as Eurogamer calls it) was available to play for free via Pico-8 on your PC or Pocketchip if you have one. Seems they're turning into a full game.

https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/celeste

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

http://gonintendo.com/stories/274656-snipperclips-confirmed-at-european-launch-limited-edition-bund
    - Snipperclips available at launch on March 3
    - European price is €19.99
    - three modes: WORLD (1-2 players, co-op), PARTY (2-4 players, co-op) and BONUSGAME (2-4 players, competitive)
    - free demo on day one as well
    - limited edition bundle on day one that includes a download code as well as a set of Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

"limited edition bundle on day one that includes a download code as well as a set of Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con".

If they have that in store, I'll definitely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

druss wrote: »
    "limited edition bundle on day one that includes a download code as well as a set of Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con".

If they have that in store, I'll definitely go for it.

seems the bundle wont be here until the 10th
    Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con
    - bundle in UK on March 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have a feeling that bundle might go down in price quite fast. But pro controller is first priority after launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a feeling that bundle might go down in price quite fast. But pro controller is first priority after launch.

I'm going to just invest in the wired pad for cheaper money, then see if they release a patch for my WiiU Pro pad to work with the Switch later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    Awww. I thought it was Yoshis Island.... ðŸ™

Me too
    Queue a broken heart for the moments hope then dashed :(

It'll be an announcement of Super Moria World next....
    Actually, that'd be a great idea!
    Jump Gandalf, jump!

chrislad wrote: »
    Awww. I thought it was Yoshis Island.... ðŸ™
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Me too
    Queue a broken heart for the moments hope then dashed :(

It'll be an announcement of Super Moria World next....
    Actually, that'd be a great idea!
    Jump Gandalf, jump!

I too would be well into that.
    Still though it looks pretty damn nice with some potentially interesting mechanics.

I was thinking of Fast RMX but I've already got Fast Racing Neo, and the new game is a remake/remix of it.

I was thinking of Fast RMX but I've already got Fast Racing Neo, and the new game is a remake/remix of it.

This seems to have a lot of added content, though I understand it still might feel like double dipping. I never bought the original so looking forward to this.

hairball wrote: »
    This seems to have a lot of added content, though I understand it still might feel like double dipping. I never bought the original so looking forward to this.

It's gorgeous, by the sounds of it they've worked on the visuals even more, the handling in the WiiU title is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think that Fast RMX looks good but then I remember I fell for the hype on the Wii U version. I was really looking forward to that, I thought it would give me a WipeOut fix. Turned out that I hated the game. The feel of the game was just way too loose. It had a good sense of speed but the track design was boring and that awful crash animation got boring real quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Never had FAST RMX or what ever the one before it was called.

IF this shows up Day 1 on the E shop its a must buy for me.

The game line up is not looking that bad at all now i might say the E shop is making up for it

Never had FAST RMX or what ever the one before it was called.

IF this shows up Day 1 on the E shop its a must buy for me.

The game line up is not looking that bad at all now i might say the E shop is making up for it

It's nice
    Looks like Wipeout, handles like a nicer Wipeout, gameplay has a FZero vibe to it.
    I bought it for €25 or so a couple of months ago so I won't be spending on Fast RMX but, if you haven't already got it it's a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd say any halfway competent game with a demo on the eShop on Day 1 has a good shot at significant market share given the perception of Bomberman and 12switch being overpriced at retail. I do hope there are demos aplenty

It's nice
    Looks like Wipeout, handles like a nicer Wipeout, gameplay has a FZero vibe to it.
    I bought it for €25 or so a couple of months ago so I won't be spending on Fast RMX but, if you haven't already got it it's a must have.

Love Wipeout that's what is makeing me buy this.

Wipeout Vita is properly the must perfect racer I have played ever on a Handheld and hope for the same with this id it can match or maybe make it better

Love Wipeout that's what is makeing me buy this.

Wipeout Vita is properly the must perfect racer I have played ever on a Handheld and hope for the same with this id it can match or maybe make it better

You must get the HD/Fury content for it.
    I bought it for my PS3 and it entitled me to download it for the Vita as well, as extra modes for the Vita title.
    The result is the most perfect Wipeout game since Wipeout 2097.
    Not to derail the thread but it's worth seeking out Rollcage Stage 2 and Powerdrome, both incredibly good, the former on the PS and pushes the system to its limits, the latter a much delayed game on the PS2/PC and Xbox, and a remake/sequel to a game of the same name on the ST/Amiga, a game that started the AG racing gig off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I bought it for my PS3 and it entitled me to download it for the Vita as well, as extra modes for the Vita title.
    Not to derail the thread but it's worth seeking out Rollcage Stage 2 and Powerdrome, both incredibly good, the former on the PS and pushes the system to its limits, the latter a much delayed game on the PS2/PC and Xbox, and a remake/sequel to a game of the same name on the ST/Amiga, a game that started the AG racing gig off.

"Don't worry Wip3out, your big brother might be better known, but you're a good game too."

I forget how many times I rented Rollcage on PS1 years back, solid racing game.

The more I see of Fast RMX, the more I think I want it but will have to wait for a while to allow my funds to recover. Plenty of time to see how it fares and plays on the Switch. If a Wipeout game were to make the jump to the Switch, I'd be all over it.

The first and last Wipeout game on Nintendo hardware was Wipeout 64, which had some issues....
    But a Sony property on someone elses hardware at this point in time... Sadly no, but just imagine Wip3out SE on the 3DS!
    Rollcage is a favourite series of mine, the effects they managed to squeeze out of the PS at the time, it was remarkable.

Yah have all the DLC for it got it free as i have Wipeout on the PS3 that in its self was a good game but didnt have the magic as the PS3 one. Wipeout on the PS3 was the 1st game i played in 3D when i got my 3D TV years ago it did look fantastic. But we are getting a PS4 Wipeout and in 4K on the PS4 Pro its going to look Epic i just hope it plays like it as well.

IT really makes you wonder why there has not been a new F zero in years dosint it ?. As i would think there is a market for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'd pounce all over an fzero game, especially if it had a soundtrack done like the Mario kart 8 track.

• Advertisement

FZeroGX is still an amazing game.
    As the levels whip around you and past it's easy to forget it's not in HD, just stunning.
    Must give it a lash later on.

Advertisement