Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pretty much everything has a set of eyes on it.
    Should either character take a dump I would fear for what would be gazing up at me with a jaunty wink from the lavvy.

you mean like in conkers bad fur day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Star Lord wrote: »
    Best of all, they usually let you try before you buy too, so you know if you'll like the table or not.

In FX3, the "try before you buy" and to be gone. I bought the pack with Family Guy, American Dad, Archer and Bob's Burgers.

Love the Bob's Burgers one, the Family Guy one is decent, don't like the Archer one much (despite loving the show, so that's a disappointment). Not yet tried the American Dad one, never got into the show.

The Universal pack is tempting me, with its ET, Back to the Future and Jaws pinball tables...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Blossom Tales is out tomorrow week.
    FFS, STOP!! I'm not made of money. :mad:

:o

Reminder:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gonna grab Gorogoa and The Sexy Brutale the set fire to my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,214 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Choice Provisions’ Runner3 Is Getting a Physical Edition for Nintendo Switch

http://twinfinite.net/2017/12/choice-provisions-runner3-is-getting-a-physical-edition-for-nintendo-switch/

I wish some company besides Nicalis would step in and produce these games physically. They charge too much and do short production runs. Plus they don't always release in Europe. Even the story only mentions North America and "it will be available at select retailers."

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yooka-Laylee is the worst name of anything ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Ol' Donie wrote: »

i would say the WiiU was probably the worst name for anything ever both as being silly and also a marketing disaster where a lot people just thought it was an add on to the wii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ol' Donie wrote:

Unless you are an Asian adult movie star?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

fixxxer wrote: »
    Gonna grab Gorogoa and The Sexy Brutale the set fire to my credit card.

If you have an iPad you could get Gorogoa for a third of the price as it is on the switch. €15 on the switch and €5 on iOS.

• Advertisement

If you have an iPad you could get Gorogoa for a third of the price as it is on the switch. €15 on the switch and €5 on iOS.

Don't have an iPad but cheers anyway :)

Gorogoa is a peculiar little gem of a game, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thread on reddit today about Burnout Paradise being listed for the Switch on the Brazil age rating system. That would be unbelievable, i've already got a lot of catching up to do on the switch but if that comes out soon thats me gone for months with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thread on reddit today about Burnout Paradise being listed for the Switch on the Brazil age rating system. That would be unbelievable, i've already got a lot of catching up to do on the switch but if that comes out soon thats me gone for months with it.

That would be one hell of an old game, 10 years old next year!
    I mean, it's a great game but it'd have to bring something special to the table considering it costs €8 on the PS3/360 right now.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That would be one hell of an old game, 10 years old next year!
    I mean, it's a great game but it'd have to bring something special to the table considering it costs €8 on the PS3/360 right now.

Would presume it would be an update of some kind, obviously if its not it would be pretty odd. Why bother if its not an update??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Would presume it would be an update of some kind, obviously if its not it would be pretty odd. Why bother if its not an update??

My thinking exactly.

Loved that game back when I got it on the 360. Probably my favourite racing game that's not kart based! If it was a budget e-shop release, and included all the DLC stuff, I'd get it again for sure. Got the 'ultimate' version on pc via a humble bundle a few years back, but none of the extra cars were available as the content server was offline for some time at that stage.

More return on people buying a port that requires little effort to do any work on, hoping for the nostalgia bump?

fixxxer wrote: »
    More return on people buying a port that requires little effort to do any work on, hoping for the nostalgia bump?

It is EA I suppose. Looks like there’s a PS4/Xbox one version as well. Fingers crossed it gets some kind of an upgrade. Will steer well clear if not.

I never got to experience Burnout Paradise being a Nintendo only gamer. The last one I have is Burnout 2: Point of Impact on Gamecube and that game was amazing, honestly I still think about it from time to time and always list it as one of the best games on the console. The police chasing mode was brilliant but especially the Destruction Derby type mode was addictive, eking out that extra bit of damage. So if Burnout Paradise is as good, no reason why not as it's newer, then I'd be glad to see it on Switch, with an appropriate price given its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote: »
    I never got to experience Burnout Paradise being a Nintendo only gamer. The last one I have is Burnout 2: Point of Impact on Gamecube and that game was amazing, honestly I still think about it from time to time and always list it as one of the best games on the console. So if Burnout Paradise is as good, no reason why not as it's newer, then I'd be glad to see it on Switch, with an appropriate price given its age.

POI, Takedown and Revenge were all great...Paradise was an open world game and doesn't suit the event based structure of what Burnout was :(

• Advertisement

Burnout, Burnout 2, actual Burnout games about avoiding traffic and driving way too fast.
    After that, they were fun but more an automotive brawler.
    Not the same.
    Burnout Paradise was great, and felt more like the two original titles, but it wound up being a way to gain invitation to make Need for Speed games for EA.
    If Paradise comes to the Switch I'll buy it, but I'd love to see a new city or something, and the Dlc included of course.

ERG89 wrote: »
    POI, Takedown and Revenge were all great...Paradise was an open world game and doesn't suit the event based structure of what Burnout was :(

I genuinely did think that they did the open world event racing well, you just had to go to the relevant junction that represents the start point of the event and spin your wheels to start it. Free roaming at immense speeds was very enjoyable too, and the 'Showtime' mode, where you'd essentially try to turn your car into a high speed projectile, and cause as much damage in slow-mo as possible was fun too when you came upon a larger volume of traffic.

TBH, graphically, I don't think it'd need much polish either, it was always a good looking game.

I want to be able to drive the Jansen P12 88 Special (Delorean) and the Manhattan Spirit (Ecto-1) in the game again! :D

If we're dreaming about old racing games being remade from the Switch then can we also have a e-release of Split Second/Velocity please?
    That was such a good game and beautiful to look at for its time. Still not bad in this day and age to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember trying Paradise after getting it free from PS Plus. Managed to get the fastest time on one event somehow

GOROGOA - Official Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZO5WCr5yH8

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/16774194/gorogoa-game-review-iphone-switch-steam

https://kotaku.com/the-puzzle-of-a-lifetime-1821235999

It's got my attention and it's available now for €15. Reading around the all the reviews on other platforms, it sounds great and it's reviewed fairly well. It looks beautiful with it's hand drawn graphics but there's one word that pops up all the time, "short". It's supposed to be over before you know it(2 to 3 hours). I read too that it’s $5 on iPhone and even though it only came out yesterday, Steam have a 20% off promotion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Short is not a bad thing. Gorogoa is a game without a single wasted fame. Lots to be said for a game that completely hooks you for a few hours, delivering its ideas without filler. Something more games could learn from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

anyone buy blossom tales? any good?

€5.49 on ipad (I was browsing the app store last night)

I think the Switch is a better fit for this, and the multi-user system means that my family can enjoy it too.

I'll pull the trigger tonight - it's under a tenner on the South African eshop.

@sligeach - I've spent a tenner on shorter movies in the cinema. I've no problem paying that for a highly regarded, unique and very enjoyable experience.

anyone buy blossom tales? any good?

Out next week as far as I know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah, I haven't played the game in question, but a lot of games would benefit immensely from being shorter.

Bravely Default was a key example. No spoilers, but I thought I was 95% of the way through an amazing game, and actually it turns out I was about 35% of the way through a game that drags out some stuff to a ridiculous level and massively overbloats it's length.

Bravely Default COULD have been perfect, but it was like 2.5 times too long.

Advertisement