Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    You know, if you'd just take the mask off and post as Perry Pippen (that's as close to an apple-related Peter Parker as I can get. Don't judge!), there would be no need for the clarification...

I'm getting a real Tron vibe off that frisbee game. Can't help but feel that it's going to price itself out of my zone of interest though :(

Perry Pippen?
    Is that my mild mannered alter-ego, working as a Clinical Nurse Manager Grade III in a Dublin hospital, but in his true Ciderman guise addresses injustice, fights crime and posts of dubious quality?
    My kryptonites are Streets of Rage and Goldenaxe!

and

Wouldn't touch a Tron frisbee game with a ten foot pole, and I speak as a man of a vintage who got to see Tron the first time.
    Lightbikes = awesome
    Frisbee = still crap, crap in California Games, crap in the arcades, crap here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yes, that's exactly who Perry Pippen is
    and I am old enough to have seen Tron on bootleg VHS just after it was in the cinema, round my uncle's house. I never paid for a game of Discs of Tron, I just saw the funky controller and watched other people play so I assume it's awesome. Don't take my dream away from me, Mr Pippen!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

geotrig wrote: »
    Im not sure what to make of the disc jam game, i should love it ,one of my all time favorite games is windjammers and i still play it regular on the cab.I look at that video and see a windjammersesk game but just dont know what to make of it !
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Frisbee = still crap, crap in California Games, crap in the arcades, crap here!

Windjammers was a fun arcade game, if Disc Jam plays like that, it could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sonic Forces has added Super Sonic as a download! Free right now, but after January 23rd it'll set you back I assume 2 or 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mr E wrote: »
    Tiny Metal launch trailer (out everywhere tomorrow, apparently).
    As close to a release of Advance Wars on the Switch as we're going to get.

Big campaign, loads of extra skirmish maps and lots of free DLC coming (including 1v1 multi-player)

why is there a clown? Man the Japanese are a strange bunch....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

so got Golf Story. Great game I have to admit.

Picked my son up and told him about this rpg golf game I got. Cue him slagging me of over it.He then proceeds to play it for 3 hours are so the little hyprocrite :)

Also just noticed that a game called hammerwatch is available for the switch. Have if for the PC and its a great gauntlet clone.Would highly recommend it.

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/944584489153335298

It's a pretty strong hint at bravely default on switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The great 3DS-Switch migration finally begins after Fire Emblem paved the way. Let's hope all of the juggernauts make it across.

436936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/944584489153335298

It's a pretty strong hint at bravely default on switch.

Nice. The first one was pretty good, though it did drag a bit near the end, and I've never played the second one. A double pack would be a day one purchase, but a full price re-release would be a step too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pac1Man wrote:
    The great 3DS-Switch migration finally begins after Fire Emblem paved the way. Let's hope all of the juggernauts make it across.

I think Layton is done. It's too soon for a collection & I feel every release was less & less popular. :(
    I have the series for DS/3DS & I remember struggling to find a few of them at release they were so popular, especially Curious Village.
    Seeing Bravely Default teased for Switch had me thinking that maybe Square Enix might release a Chrono Trigger remake & that's why it wasn't in the SNES/Famicom mini.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Pac1Man wrote: »

You can consider Ace Attorney about half way across that river, capcom confirmed the mainline series games getting switched next year along with a new Ace Attorney 7 game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

ERG89 wrote: »
    I think Layton is done.

Now now. A gentleman wouldn't give up that easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Corholio wrote: »
    Along with multiplatform titles like Wolfenstein 2, Mega Man Collection, Mega Man 11, Street Fighter Collection, Owl Boy etc.

When is owl boy being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,214 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 17,214 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Paid Nintendo Switch Online Service Delayed To Fall 2018, According To Nintendo Italy

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-online-delayed-fall-2018/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Paid Nintendo Switch Online Service Delayed To Fall 2018, According To Nintendo Italy

They are definitely rebuilding the whole thing, probably on the feedback from people over the intended system.
    Should be awesome!

That kinda annoys me since it means virtual console will be delayed too probably. On the other hand, nothing irritates me more on XB1/PS4 whenever I have a desire to play online and it tells me I need to give them a minimum of 7 pounds to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That kinda annoys me since it means virtual console will be delayed too probably. On the other hand, nothing irritates me more on XB1/PS4 whenever I have a desire to play online and it tells me I need to give them a minimum of 7 pounds to do so.

You can get Xbox Live for about €3 a month if you keep an eye out.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can get Xbox Live for about €3 a month if you keep an eye out.

Yes but when I have a momentary desire to do so, and go straight onto the store on the consoles, that is what it says to me, I don't want to have to put myself out to get a decent deal.

Yes but when I have a momentary desire to do so, and go straight onto the store on the consoles, that is what it says to me, I don't want to have to put myself out to get a decent deal.

That makes no sense at all? If you fancy Doom and it's €50 on the Store or €20 on CD Keys you'd buy it on the Store?

Gaming can be expensive so we all can save a bit of money by keeping an eye out for Bargains and then spending our savings on more games :pac:

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That makes no sense at all? If you fancy Doom and it's €50 on the Store or €20 on CD Keys you'd buy it on the Store?

Gaming can be expensive so we all can save a bit of money by keeping an eye out for Bargains and then spending our savings on more games :pac:

I wouldn't buy it digitally, so its a moot point.

I wouldn't buy it digitally, so its a moot point.

Fair enough so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Nintendo Switch is the first console in a long time where I want to buy the physical editions, I just love those game cases!

Loving my Switch so far, played some Zelda and Mario Odyssey yesterday. I also have played Steamworld Dig 2, Sonic Mania and Mario Kart leading up to Christmas. This is my first Nintendo console since the gamecube days and really getting a SNES feeling of gaming magic on the Switch!

The Switch cases are almost, but not quite, as good as Japanese GameCube cases.
    Those things are fantastic.
    But they are from an era when they included manuals and other leaflets, the Switch cases are just too empty!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Gonzo wrote: »
    The Nintendo Switch is the first console in a long time where I want to buy the physical editions, I just love those game cases!

Loving my Switch so far, played some Zelda and Mario Odyssey yesterday. I also have played Steamworld Dig 2, Sonic Mania and Mario Kart leading up to Christmas. This is my first Nintendo console since the gamecube days and really getting a SNES feeling of gaming magic on the Switch!

I wanted to do that, but i wanted Zelda so i had to buy it online as i live 50 miles from everywhere with a game store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sligeach wrote: »

that's annoying was hoping for a usable online experience soon

it better be great if we have to wait the bones of another year

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I've no issue with it staying free for another 6-8 months, paying for online play is nonsense anyway. It's serviceable so far and inviting friends has been easy enough. The only thing now obviously is a likely delay in VC games.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Switch cases are almost, but not quite, as good as Japanese GameCube cases.
    Those things are fantastic.
    But they are from an era when they included manuals and other leaflets, the Switch cases are just too empty!!

All my games on Xbox and PS4 are digital. With the Switch I'm going to go physical.

Loving my little Mario game carry case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That 'Fall 2018' has been removed from the Italian site and is just '2018' now. Looks like it was just a mistake or else perhaps the first placeholder of 'Fall 2017' was mistakenly put up as 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think what softens the blow for me is getting better deals on digital games with the subscriptions (Nintendo's sales are so poor in comparison tbh) & the monthly free games which ocassionally are very good. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo raise the price of theirs too in the future.

Advertisement