Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Signature Edition games have pre-orders up for the physical release of The Count Lucanor in both standard and signature editions.

https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/pre-orders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr E wrote: »
    First Rainway trailer (and the switch is all over it).

No Nintendo logo at the very end :-( ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

First Rainway trailer (and the switch is all over it).

Heavily inspired by the Switch reveal trailer too! No Karen though. They should get her in the direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,216 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Darkest Dungeon for Switch is coming next week.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-10-darkest-dungeon-is-coming-to-switch-later-this-month

The first two DLC packs (The Crimson Court and The Shieldbreaker) are available at launch too (not included in base price).

Base Price is likely to be €25.

Must put a bit more time into it on the PC this weekend. It's good, but not really my genre (and not sure if it's worth a double dip).

Well regarded though - it has won tons of awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Escapists 2 Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVLnoRSV9M
    Following a successful launch of The Escapists in 2015, the series has since gone on to celebrate over 4 million downloads. Now the sandbox pixelated prison-escape game is back and better than ever with improved graphics, crafting and combat and the addition of multiplayer, the most fan requested feature to date. So, don your orange overalls and begin planning your escape route because it’s time to return to prison!

Learn more about The Escapists 2 here: https://goo.gl/gdRp1z

The Escapists 2 features:

* A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
    * 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including 3 transit prisons
    * Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players (Up to two players locally on Nintendo Switch)
    * Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
    * A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
    * Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
    * New ways to escape
    * New items to craft - Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!

Watched a let's play yesterday. Looks great. The multiplayer is baked in there and is obviously very important (not an afterthought). My only reservation was how un-hand-holdy it was after the tutorial. You're really left to you own devices to figure out how to escape (and its a bit overwhelming).

I'll read some reviews before deciding... :)

• Advertisement

Snack World coming to Nintendo Switch!

Level-5 will bring the Nintendo 3DS hit The Snack World: Trejarers to Nintendo Switch. More information when we have it!

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/169573037579

They don't have any more information than that at the moment as it's breaking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭geotrig

Watched a let's play yesterday. Looks great. The multiplayer is baked in there and is obviously very important (not an afterthought). My only reservation was how un-hand-holdy it was after the tutorial. You're really left to you own devices to figure out how to escape (and its a bit overwhelming).

I'll read some reviews before deciding... :)

it can be a bit overwhelming and my approach after crafting multiple items and possible escape routes has normally ended on brute force to escape ! after you start getting into it you can try multiple ways to try and escape i love it , looking forward to trying out the muiltiplayer !
    I dl'd this last night so rocket league will now be dropped for this ! think it was 16something on the russian and saf store !

Skerries wrote: »
    g1ns9avo1c901.jpg

Is there a price on these bad boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

sligeach wrote: »
    The eShop figures are a small fraction of the overall sales total. Somewhere around 20%. I use the Japanese figures as well. I've mentioned other countries too but sporadically, e.g. Spain.

OK but you've stated that both DOOM and Skyrim were failures on the Switch (your exact quote was "DOOM and Skyrim failed").

So what would be deemed a "success" in terms of units sold?

Fair enough if Bethesda themselves come out and say "the 2 games we released on Switch were failures" but as far as I am aware this hasn't happened.

Do you know what Bethesda would have considered a success or failure for a Switch release? Would they be looking at units sold or attach rate or something else?

I think historically the biggest sellers on Nintendo consoles have been the Nintendo exclusive titles. Even the 3DS is mostly Nintendo exclusives and indies right?

I even suspect if Nintendo released a powerful PS4-esque console you would still see a trend of the Nintendo games making massive sales and the 3rd party titles being less popular.

Tell me which Nintendo console had the best 3rd party support, in your opinion, and I'll have a little look into it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Unless you are a mega AAA 1st party title you are unlikely to be in the game of releasing titles in the 1st year of a consoles lifespan with the intention of making quick money.

Like most pieces of Nintendo hardware, the software have comparatively long lifespans, and I would expect a title like Doom or especially Skyrim to continue to sell for years to come, as will the likes of BotW and MK8Dx.

The GC had pretty good 3rd party support but I believe the Wii, while it had a lot of 3rd party titles too, it was a hard console to make money on.
    The Snes had an incredible 3rd party lineup, with content surpassing that of Nintendo 1st party stuff.
    I'd say a lot of Snes owners never felt the need to go anywhere near 1st party Nintendo releases, as long as they had the likes of Capcom, Konami and EA bringing great content.

I posted the information about Italy the other day but now we have details of how the Switch is selling in France as well.

Nintendo Switch sets records in France and Italy
    Europe has truly embraced Switch in its first year.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/621763/Nintendo+Switch+sets+records+in+France+and+Italy/

http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-tech/2018/01/11/32001-20180111ARTFIG00003-grace-a-la-switch-nintendo-a-ete-l-un-des-champions-de-noel.php?

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/66340-ps4-xbox-one-wii-u-3ds-ps-vita-voici-tous-les-chiffres-franc

No offense, but does anyone here give a rats arse about how well the Switch is selling in France or Italy? :)

Tomorrow we get Belgium? Slovakia on Saturday and Liechtenstein on Sunday?

No offense, but does anyone here give a rats arse about how well the Switch is selling in France or Italy? :)

100% of adults over 33 purchasesd a Switch in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

My survey of games shops in Brussels indicate that the Switch is going gangbusters in Belgium anyway. You can still get Scorpio Xbox One X's if you want, but the Switch sells through.

A survey of three year olds in my house indicated that the "Ha, Ha, Yeah" console is much better than "X Bocks" and that he needed time off from school to find moons.

* I find the sales data interesting and encouraging. Although I think Wii U also did proportionately better on European mainland than in UK and Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

It is news I guess, and easy to ignore or scroll past if you're not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

pasta-solo wrote: »
    It is news I guess, and easy to ignore or scroll past if you're not interested.

Presumably I would have been happily oblivious to a post but numerous posts mean I get to enjoy it all regardless.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Direct mini has dropped!

The World Ends With You for Switch!
    Kirby Star Allies on March 16th!
    Hyrule Warriors on Switch!
    Mario Tennis on Switch!
    Dark Souls! (hooray)
    New Mario Odyssey content!

Yeah fair enough. Sorry sligeach.

Plus I'm sick at home and pretty cranky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Donkey Kong tropical freeze for the switch to.

Vs vIII as well

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I find it intriguing, at least. Somewhat interesting to hear the Switch is taking off across the continent despite the fact that Europe is something of a dye-in-the-wool Sony territory (PS4, at one stage, outsold the XBox One 3-to-1).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Direct mini has dropped!

The World Ends With You for Switch!
    Kirby Star Allies on March 16th!
    Hyrule Warriors on Switch!
    Mario Tennis on Switch!
    Dark Souls! (hooray)
    New Mario Odyssey content!

for anyone else like me who wanted a DS game, heres a link.
    https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Nintendo%20continues%20momentum%20into%202018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭geotrig

• Advertisement

Advertisement