Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    FZeroGX is still an amazing game.
    As the levels whip around you and past it's easy to forget it's not in HD, just stunning.
    Must give it a lash later on.

But could you imagine a full jazz band remake of all the tunes from the original with glorious HD graphics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    But could you imagine a full jazz band remake of all the tunes from the original with glorious HD graphics.

I can honestly say it never occurred to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How long till the details of the eshop games and on store pricing is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

How long till the details of the eshop games and on store pricing is released.

Meant to be a direct on Tuesday detailing 3rd party digital games coming to Switch. So hopefully some info there.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/02/23/nintendo-hosts-video-presentation-next-week-on-upcoming-switch-indies.aspx

No idea on Nintendo games, guess we wait till the 3rd and the update to bring the eShop online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rive is coming to the Switch. Press release below.
    Yes, we said we wouldn't develop any new games at Two Tribes. And yes, we still feel like dinosaurs in the games industry. But we're not extinct yet. In fact, we're bringing our best and last, twin-stick shooter/platformer RIVE, to Nintendo Switch this year!

The news comes after the admission in 2016 that our Nintendo strategy was in flux. Now, we can finally reveal what we've been up to: RIVE was bumped from Wii U™ to Nintendo Switch, where it'll be playable in ultra-fast and super-challenging 60 FPS glory.

We're developing RIVE on Nintendo Switch together with Engine Software. Details about the game's exclusive Nintendo Switch expansion, as well as a release date, will be announced later on.

Two Tribes has always had a strong Nintendo tradition. Toki Tori on Game Boy Color was our debut, way back in 2001! Since then, many of our games have appeared on Nintendo platforms, including Toki Tori 2+ and RUSH. Lots of fans have let us know they’d like to play RIVE on a Nintendo system. So we can't wait to finally bring RIVE to Nintendo Switch!

RIVE is a great fit for Nintendo Switch. It was always intended as an explosive ode to the action games of the early nineties. Nostalgic, yet thoroughly modern. And we feel that Nintendo Switch, too, is all about bringing the experience from our youth, playing deep and skill-based games together, to the current day.

RIVE (meaning 'to tear apart violently') is filled to the brim with references to our favorite games (sure hope you recognize the above!), with spectacular set-pieces, and humor, via the game's main characters. Space scavenger Roughshot and robot butler DLL are both voiced by the talented Mark Dodson, of Star Wars and Gremlins fame.

One reviewer appropriately called the game "a heart attack inducing crazy nostalgia rollercoaster". It was received very well on Steam and PlayStation 4, with a 95% Steam user rating.

Another Wii U game canned. :( Two Tribes are a fantastic developer, I'll be sorry to see them disband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Disgaea 5 has an English language option, if you feel like importing.

If I am Setsuna is available to buy digitally on Friday I think I'll get it, looks rather nice, I have seen a price of $19.99 somewhere although I may have dreamed it's that cheap.

cZD9GES.jpg

Whoops. No way it could come so soon with so little notice though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently it was reported on back in January, but not that date though
    http://thisgengaming.com/2017/01/14/european-retailers-list-pikmin-world-for-nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This is interesting, the first Switch game that doesn't support both modes - only works undocked as it only has touchscreen controls. Wonder will we see more mobile game ports.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-27-nintendo-switch-has-its-first-touchscreen-only-game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Disgaea 5 has an English language option, if you feel like importing.

Really might just get my hands on the game now

Lot of indie stuff!
    Rogue Trooper Redux
    The Fall Part 2: Unbound
    Treasurenauts
    sU and the Quest for meaning
    RIME
    Zombie Vikings
    Mr. Shifty
    TowerFall Ascension
    Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
    Thumper
    Splasher
    RIVE
    Enter the Gungeon
    Cave Story
    NBA Playgrounds
    1001 Spikes
    Redout
    Unbox: Newbie's Adventure
    Graceful Explosion Machine
    Pocket Rumble
    SteamWorld Dig 2
    Little Inferno
    Ultimate Chicken Horse
    Runner 3
    Neuro Voider
    Kingdom Two Crowns
    Pankapu
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
    The Binding of Issac Afterbirth +
    Duck Game
    World of Goo
    Yooka-Laylee
    The Escapists 2
    Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
    Blaster Master Zero
    Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove
    Space Dave!
    Tumbleseed: A Rolly Roguelike
    Terraria
    Wargroove
    Fast RMX
    Has Been Heroes
    Human Resource Machine
    Gonner
    Dandara
    Flipping Death
    Snake Pass
    Stardew Valley
    Celeste
    Perception
    Hollow Knight
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    WonderBoy and the Dragon's Trap
    Shakedown Hawaii
    Overcooked!
    The Jack Box Party Pack 3
    Hover: Revolt of Gamers
    Away: Journey of the Unexpected
    Portal Knights
    State of Mind
    The Next Penelope
    Mutant Mudds
    Battle Chef Brigade
    Ittle Dew 2

That list has Switch Humble Bundle written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really enjoyed Steamworld Dig on the Vita so I will definitely be buying the sequel. There was something really relaxing about playing that game. As for the other games on the stream I can't say any caught my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I really enjoyed Steamworld Dig on the Vita so I will definitely be buying the sequel. There was something really relaxing about playing that game. As for the other games on the stream I can't say any caught my attention.

Stardew Valley surely :eek: Despite complaining I got bored too easily I will absolutely be buying it again.

That'll be the third time :o

Stardew Valley surely :eek: Despite complaining I got bored too easily I will absolutely be buying it again.

That'll be the third time :o

I fell for the hype on that game and bought it on Steam. I just couldn't get into it at all. Tried a few times but it bored me. The fact that it didn't explain any of the systems well was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Aw yis! Steamworld Dig 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

WonderBoy and the JackBox Party Pack look good. Going to check out reviews and see what the price is like on the day but I think those two will help round out Zelda on day 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Want to get both Wonder Boy and Monster Boy, I'd actually say Monster Boy more so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My eldest was getting really excited about Switchmas, even including it in a list of upcoming events (Pancake day! Switchmas! Patricks day! Mothers day! - followed by daggers from my wife :D) until I told her that BotW is 1 player and I am that player. Also didn't go down well when she asked who Player 2 would be and I hugged my wife and said "player 2 for life!" - not the answer she wanted.

Aside from Snipperclips - which I'll probably get in a Joycon Bundle after the fact - what are the eShop multiplayer front runners for launch day? Ideally something cheap with "classic" gameplay - ie not 1-2-Switch - and Co-Op rather than competitive.

From memory, the options are FAST (too "serious"), Setsuna (1P?), the Tomorrow Corp games, Binding of Isaac, Snipperclips and Shovel Knight (already owned on 3DS and WiiU, and described as "But that's stupid, daddy!" by my ignorant whelp) with full price options Just Dance, Bomberman and skylanders... I'm not seeing a cheap, fun option for messing with the kids... suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bit late to the party with the Nindies showcase.

Things I would play:

Yooka Laylee
    Runner 3
    Flipping Death
    Mr. Shifty
    Shakedown Hawaii
    Stardew Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Banjo wrote: »
    I hugged my wife and said "player 2 for life!" -
    Smooth!
    Banjo wrote: »
    Aside from Snipperclips - which I'll probably get in a Joycon Bundle after the fact - what are the eShop multiplayer front runners for launch day? Ideally something cheap with "classic" gameplay - ie not 1-2-Switch - and Co-Op rather than competitive.

From memory, the options are FAST (too "serious"), Setsuna (1P?), the Tomorrow Corp games, Binding of Isaac, Snipperclips and Shovel Knight (already owned on 3DS and WiiU, and described as "But that's stupid, daddy!" by my ignorant whelp) with full price options Just Dance, Bomberman and skylanders... I'm not seeing a cheap, fun option for messing with the kids... suggestions?

Binding of Isaac has been pushed back, no?

I'm getting Zelda. I might get my fourth :eek: copy of Shovel Knight, but would temporarily desist if Monster Boy or Wonder Boy were available. Which I doubt. And neither of those is multi-player either, as far as I know.

I'll get RMX. I'll get Snipperclips if it is available in a Joy-Con bundle, and my local store are still insisting that it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Game called Voez is going to be a launch title on the e-shop.

I really like rhythm games and I'm rather tempted to buy it. €20.99 is a bit high though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"what are you watching"

"It's a gameplay video I swear"

"Sounded like J-Pop to me, weeb"

I just played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo at lunch time and it was pretty fun. I think I might end up getting it when the localised version launches.

I want another switch game, but I don't know what yet. Probably end up with shovel knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I want another switch game, but I don't know what yet. Probably end up with shovel knight.

I got Zelda, RMX, Snipperclips, 1-2 Switch, and Shovel Knight treasure trove. Seems like a big wait now until Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and Arms. Would like to see Sonic Mania or Yooka-Laylee moving earlier, but presume that's unlikely.
    I was wondering if any of the vague "2017" indie releases might surprise us?

Binding of Isaac and early VC access to fill things out?

Ended up buying Fast RMX in the end...
    I'm weak, I know....
    It looks gorgeous but is the same game as Fast Racing Neo.
    Still no sign of World of Goo though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭geotrig

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ended up buying Fast RMX in the end...
    I'm weak, I know....
    It looks gorgeous but is the same game as Fast Racing Neo.
    Still no sign of World of Goo though...

i thought i saw somewhere that it was pushed back at least a week

Advertisement