Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Are we lumped in with the UK there? I assume so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't know, but a lot of us bought our Switch's from the UK from sites like Amazon.

Apriori Digital have just put out an official trailer for Aperion Cyberstorm. It's available 8th February on Nintendo Switch but also on Nintendo Wii U and Steam. This game has been a long time coming.

Aperion Cyberstorm - Action Trailer - Nintendo Switch - ESRB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C_tQ6yo1rE

Nice little clip of Kirby: Star Allies.

Google translation: "...... ZZZ ...... Jama ... Helloah ... .... Mumbo ... ... ... Ha! Sorry, I inadvertently fell asleep ...! A blue sky that spreads far, a flowering flowing in the wind ... The peaceful, beautiful Pupu Pland 's steppe is revealed. ... It is a pleasant place as far as I take a nap."

Anyone else finding this site really slow?

Owlboy is getting a physical release on Switch and PS4, the date is 29th May.

Owlboy - Gameplay trailer - ESRB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJZeJmboC4

This is better than how other companies release a game digitally and then announce a physical version a month or two later. Though having said that, the game has been available to pre-order since last week so I'm sure there are some people who got burned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Nice little clip of Kirby: Star Allies.

I think this is a physical buy for me for sure.
    Also, I must get the anniversary title for the Wii, it didn't come out in the EU for some reason, only Japan and the US, but my modded Wii will play it regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Aqua Kitty UDX is coming out for Switch next week.

If it's less than €15, I'll grab it. I have it for the PC and it's a fun game with fantastic music.

Anyone get this yet? Looks like fun

tinyBuild are announcing 6 Switch games tomorrow.

Great indies like like Clustertruck, Speedrunners and Party Hard could be making the jump.... (all 3 would be purchases for me).

Nintendo To Put A Lot Of Resources Into The Nintendo Switch Online Service; Announcement Will Be Worth The Wait

https://wccftech.com/resources-nintendo-switch-online/

Page 2, question 2 below:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180209e.pdf

Q2. This is a question about Nintendo Switch Online. The official start of service has been significantly delayed, so has anything changed during this extended development period? Also, how do you plan to popularize the service?

Tatsumi Kimishima (President and Representative Director):

"We view the online service as one component of our efforts to diversify how our games are played and to get people to play more of our games. That is why we want to apply substantial resources to the online service, with the thinking that we will devote our energies to making this a for-pay service.

As for how we plan to popularize the service, it is less about the mechanism and more a question of what kinds of products we can offer, and the spread of the service will depend on whether consumers want what we offer. Please give us a bit more time to announce more details about the service. I think that announcement will convey to you how we plan to popularize the service."

Takahashi:

"We have some ideas about how to make Nintendo Switch Online appealing when it becomes a for-pay service, so I think our next announcement will be worth the wait."

South Park: The Fractured but Whole Listed for Nintendo Switch Release Next Week on Amazon Mexico

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/02/09/south-park-fractured-but-whole-listed-nintendo-switch-amazon/

Next Tuesday to be exact. Sounds highly unlikely. I doubt it would just release out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Mr E wrote: »
    tinyBuild are announcing 6 Switch games tomorrow.

Great indies like like Clustertruck, Speedrunners and Party Hard could be making the jump.... (all 3 would be purchases for me).

I loved party hard. Headphones on and full volume!

Speedrunners with 4 joy-cons too... great fun. :)

Apparently Nintendo of Europe will be distributing Dark Souls remastered in Europe themselves, which means it'll have price parity (hooray) with the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I hope it's no more expensive on the Switch than on the big consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hope it's no more expensive on the Switch than on the big consoles.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do yee think Dark Souls will lend itself well to portability? From the outset it doesn't seem like the type of game to play in quick bursts.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Do yee think Dark Souls will lend itself well to portability? From the outset it doesn't seem like the type of game to play in quick bursts.

I do. After all I wouldn't think Zelda would lend itself to such play, but it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    :eek:

Are you pointing to the possible price of the Switch version, or how I referred to the PS4 and XB1?

I'm guessing the latter. In that case, that would have been a mistake on my part.

Here's the video of NIS's Press Event.

NISA Press Event 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-Qi6ZnMxg

Much of it we've already known but we do get some new trailers of upcoming games and there was a couple of new game announcements(Labrynth of Refrain and Touhou Gensou Wanderer). NIS are heavily supporting the Switch.

Koei Tecmo “readily available to make titles available on Switch” with its own IPs or outside IPs

Koei Tecmo President Hisashi Koinuma:

“I believe that the Switch was well-received and became popular because it’s really suited for the modern lifestyle, not only in Japan, but the US and also European countries as well. So we are readily available to make titles available on Switch, and either our own IPs or some other company’s IPs. I feel we’ve been working on making the titles available on Switch much faster than the other publishers. If there is any need or wishes to be played on Switch, then definitely, we will work on that.”

https://nintendoeverything.com/koei-tecmo-readily-available-to-make-titles-available-on-switch-with-its-own-ips-or-outside-ips/
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/koei-tecmo-still-wants-a-star-wars-dynasty-warrior/1100-6456255/

• Advertisement

RocketJump sponsored by Nintendo made a Skyrim on Switch promo.

Skyrim's Back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53AjftRxkK8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is that south park game good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pac1Man wrote: »

I'm conflicted, offline yes, it 100% would but I'm wondering how online is going to be affected by people sleeping the console every time they get invaded.

If a DS2 type punishment system was introduced, then it'd be sound. Iirc you got a certain amount of disconnects before additional ones led to you being deprioritized for online play for a little while, it just make it so you were less like to get invaded, but less likely to find co-op partners either

Are you pointing to the possible price of the Switch version, or how I referred to the PS4 and XB1?

I'm guessing the latter. In that case, that would have been a mistake on my part.

:)

I'm conflicted, offline yes, it 100% would but I'm wondering how online is going to be affected by people sleeping the console every time they get invaded.

If a DS2 type punishment system was introduced, then it'd be sound. Iirc you got a certain amount of disconnects before additional ones led to you being deprioritized for online play for a little while, it just make it so you were less like to get invaded, but less likely to find co-op partners either

It'll be a good test of the online components of Ninty, especially on the go, when you will have to link yo a portable hotspot or similar.
    As for its suitability for portability in terms of short bursts of play... that's a tricky one alright, given that a session, getting from one bonfire to another, can be a fraught lengthy period.
    Unless they introduce a mellow mode!

Hello Neighbor leaked for switch by Best Buy. To be confirmed later at tinyBuild press conference at 6pm.

https://nintendoeverything.com/hello-neighbor-confirmed-for-switch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

any word on Danmaku Unlimited 3 ?? supposed to be out before xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

safetyboy wrote: »
    any word on Danmaku Unlimited 3 ?? supposed to be out before xmas

Iirc correctly it was said earlish 2018 haven't heard much else so maybe they are waiting for a good window to launch it in.

The 6 tinyBuild games are: The Final Station, Clustertruck, Punch Club, Party Hard, Streets of Rogue, and Hello Neighbor

No Speedrunners :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Love Party Hard!

Advertisement