Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Possible job listing for the Pokemon game on Switch. "Looks like the initial European translations for Pokemon Switch are planned to be completed between April - June. They will the undergo localisation editing. Editors are being hired on a minimum 6 Month contract." Which would put the game's release in time for Christmas 2018.

https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POKEMON&cws=1&rid=522

NINTENDO DECLINES RCMADIAX'S LATEST GAME, WON'T APPEAR ON SWITCH

https://gonintendo.com/stories/301817-nintendo-declines-rcmadiax-s-latest-game-won-t-appear-on-switch

At last, Nintendo have turned this guy away. He smeared the Wii U eShop with digital $h1t. The games were an insult and he would constantly discount them so they'd show up in Nintendo's PR. He had the worst reputation of all Indie developers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great stuff. Nice to see them control the shovelware.

http://www.nintendolife.com/companies/rcmadiax/reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

It's for the better. We don't want to have another Wii situation again.

Not just were his games tripe, but he put the price of them up first so that when the sale price kicked in they would fall in line with the original price. He's a charlatan, even right now he has 9 games listed as being on "sale" on the Wii U eShop. He probably figures if he stick enough hooks out there he'll catch a few unfortunate people out. He deleted his original Tweet. He says he'll be back on 2nd March, no doubt with another GOTY contender.

• Advertisement

He's really asking for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A Steam "developer" too. Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Will he ever learn from his wrongdoings?

Any thoughts on Fe? Out this week for €14.99. Looks (and sounds) stunning.
    Reminds me of Zelda, Okami and shades of Shadow of the Colossus.
    A lot of people have reservations about EA publishing, but that's all they are doing (don't expect loot boxes!)
    No tutorials, HUD or any clutter - you just have to figure it out for yourself, and you have to respect developers for doing that.

Hopefully reviews are 9s and 10s later this week and that it's a nice long game ... I really have high hopes for this.

Trailer:

5 minutes of gameplay from one of the devs:

Blizzard: “There are no plans to move HearthStone to the Nintendo Switch”

https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/02/12/hearthstone-nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote:
    Any thoughts on Fe? Out this week for €14.99. Looks (and sounds) stunning. Reminds me of Zelda, Okami and shades of Shadow of the Colossus. A lot of people have reservations about EA publishing, but that's all they are doing (don't expect loot boxes!) No tutorials, HUD or any clutter - you just have to figure it out for yourself, and you have to respect developers for doing that.

I hadn't been aware of this before, but if it gets good reviews it will be a purchase from me. Really hoping it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Pehj2Mr.png

I'm feeling a bit puzzled over the lack of a Switch version.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I'm feeling a bit puzzled over the lack of a Switch version.

It's an Unreal Engine 3 game, which isn't supported on Switch. That might have something to do with it.

Rocket League is also UE3, but is almost a system seller and makes a small fortune weekly. A Hat in Time devs don't have that sort of money to rework the game I'd imagine.

Ubisoft say they are the Nintendo Switch's leading 3rd party publisher

Hhmmm? They've definitely got the most successful selling 3rd party game on Switch. In terms of numbers of games released they've not been great, with mainly cheap ports.

Nintendo Switch Anytime, Anywhere Trailer 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bsE7_RKBU

Their facade of the Switch is a home console is slowly slipping. And it will disappear completely when the 3DS is dead.

It's a home console and a portable. I use it in both configurations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »

Same as that. If herself wants the TV I pop the Switch out and play away on the Sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Surely the nature of a hybrid console means it can be both things, its in the name after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wish the dock was cheaper, I'd love to get one for "my" tv. I personally prefer playing on the telly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Wish the dock was cheaper, I'd love to get one for "my" tv. I personally prefer playing on the telly.

I've two docks. I'm delighted I pulled the trigger when Smyth's had them for €60 before Christmas.

Nintendo have said several times that it's a home console first and foremost. I'm sure I've heard Reggie call it a home console. I might search for that quote later.

Nintendo: Switch is a home gaming system ‘first and foremost’

https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13347910/nintendo-switch-home-gaming-system

Square Enix wants to keep making additional games for Nintendo Switch

https://dotesports.com/the-op/news/square-enix-developing-nintendo-switch-titles-21034

That's good news. I'd like to see some of their major franchises on Switch. There's DQ but apart from that, it's their lesser games. I think they might now be starting to put bigger support on Switch(cheap talk prior) but that'll take time to see it come to fruition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's a home console that is also portable, it's a portable that you can also play as a home console. It has full home console games, there is no 'facade'. I'm not playing portable quality games at home, I'm playing full console games at home, with a portable option and vice versa.

Reading about a possible Switch hardware revision being registered today. You can find the links at the link below.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76311742

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Mr E wrote: »

I find it difficult to play Zelda on the go but i know others who love it :o
    Other than that for me it has to be the best console in a long long time

irishman86 wrote: »
    Other than that for me it has to be the best console in a long long time

I've been playing lots of Zelda in handheld mode and I'm finding it very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote:
    Nintendo have said several times that it's a home console first and foremost. I'm sure I've heard Reggie call it a home console. I might search for that quote later.

They said they'd continue the game boy line too but didn't :(
    I hope they make another handheld as the switch is too large to be comfortable unless you have a bag or a european carry all

irishman86 wrote: »

I had no problem playing it in handheld mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

ERG89 wrote:
    the switch is too large to be comfortable unless you have a bag or a european carry all

Fits into my pockets fine! 🀔
    irishman86 wrote:
    I find it difficult to play Zelda on the go but i know others who love it Other than that for me it has to be the best console in a long long time

Maybe I'm spoilt with the handheldness, but I'm finding it really difficult to play any 'big' games on the TV (bar mk8) using the supplied controller (have yet to try a pro-controller) , and golf story, stardew valley etc type games look weird on a TV, they are 100% portable games

Advertisement