Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seriously, the system is nearly a year old and we've had a year of this handheld v hybrid v home cr@p.
    Why start this horsesh1t again?
    Who cares?

I can play some games only on the Switch, regardless of where I decide play it.

I can play some multiplatform titles on the Switch and I get to play them at home, like on their other formats, and on the go too, which I can't do anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm struggling to see the significance of either. Is it a slight on the console if we label it a portable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've been playing lots of Zelda in handheld mode and I'm finding it very enjoyable.
    I had no problem playing it in handheld mode.

I'm sure it is for some, i find i have to play it on the tv
    Its 100% me not a general view

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Grassey wrote: »
    Fits into my pockets fine! ��

Maybe I'm spoilt with the handheldness, but I'm finding it really difficult to play any 'big' games on the TV (bar mk8) using the supplied controller (have yet to try a pro-controller) , and golf story, stardew valley etc type games look weird on a TV, they are 100% portable games

Thats funny, i really enjoy Stardew on the tv
    Think ill get golf story next, seems to have a good rep on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Monolith Soft's Kyoto studio is hoping to develop original titles

https://www.resetera.com/threads/monolith-softs-kyoto-studio-is-hoping-to-develop-original-titles.22975/

https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/interview/vol03.html

I tried using Google Translate on the original Japanese article but it was a bit nonsensical in parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mulaka coming on March 1st. The trailer doesn't show much, but basically it's a 3D platformer with hand to hand combat and puzzles.

Ubisoft Says “We Are Going To Do More Things” For The Switch In The Future
    Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot: [em]“So yes, this relationship continues to grow, and we are very happy with what we were able to achieve with Mario + Rabbids. Let’s also not forget the fact that Just Dance is also a big seller on the Switch, and that will continue to follow the growth of that machine. And yes in the future we are going to do more things – we just can’t go over that right now.”[/em]

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/13/ubisoft-says-we-are-going-to-do-more-things-for-the-switch-in-the-future/

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/investor_center/index.aspx

Monster Hunter World on Switch too “difficult”, says Capcom
    There's always XX...

https://stevivor.com/news/monster-hunter-world-switch-difficult-says-capcom/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ubi games really don't float my personal boat at all.
    They persistently seem like a lesson in diminishing returns, from Far Cry to Assassins Creed.
    Okay, the recent Rayman titles have been great, as have the other Ubiart titles, but those big open world efforts that all seem to built from the same template, nope, no thanks.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ubi games really don't float my personal boat at all.
    They persistently seem like a lesson in diminishing returns, from Far Cry to Assassins Creed.
    Okay, the recent Rayman titles have been great, as have the other Ubiart titles, but those big open world efforts that all seem to built from the same template, nope, no thanks.

Horrible games, the filler extraordinaire. No substance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I thought The Division was excellent. Not without its faults but the core gameplay was great. No interest in seeing it on the Switch though, actually it wouldn't even work seeing as there's no proper voice chat on Switch yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never been a fan of Assassin's Creed but absolutely loved Origins. Think it's because they took a leaf out of the Witcher's book and made the side quests feel me rounded and significant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can't think about anything but Fe at the moment. The trailer really caught me attention, so hoping its good.

Never been a fan of Assassin's Creed but absolutely loved Origins. Think it's because they took a leaf out of the Witcher's book and made the side quests feel me rounded and significant.

I haven't dipped back into Assassin's Creed in years, Far Cry 2 was the last one of those I enjoyed and Watchdogs was a load of @rse.

And now I just don't have time to play everything, and it's just too easy to ignore franchises that have disappointed in the past, not giving them a chance later on.
    I believe Watchdogs 2 is a much better game than the original but I just don't have the will to invest in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    I can't think about anything but Fe at the moment. The trailer really caught me attention, so hoping its good.

I think Fe was shown by Microsoft at E3 last year? Reminds me of Ori & The Blind Forest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭fixXxer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think Fe was shown by Microsoft at E3 last year? Reminds me of Ori & The Blind Forest.

I managed to miss it until someone linked a trailer to it here.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I haven't dipped back into Assassin's Creed in years, Far Cry 2 was the last one of those I enjoyed and Watchdogs was a load of @rse.

And now I just don't have time to play everything, and it's just too easy to ignore franchises that have disappointed in the past, not giving them a chance later on.
    I believe Watchdogs 2 is a much better game than the original but I just don't have the will to invest in it.

Did you not hate the consistently annoying re-spawning trucks in that game at every crossroad?

Something that haunted me in that game.

They were like hillbillies chasing you down at full speed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    I managed to miss it until someone linked a trailer to it here.

I really liked the look of it and a few other Indies coming this year. Ashen, Below and Ori & Will Of The Wisps will be buys this year.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Did you not hate the consistently annoying re-spawning trucks in that game at every crossroad?

Something that haunted me in that game.

They were like hillbillies chasing you down at full speed :pac:

That was the absolute worst thing about the game.
    Everything else was magnificent, especially the setting

But when you clear out a militia checkpoint on a mountain road, womble down a bit and then come back, only to find they all nipped off to the local swiftcare clinic and got patched up, ready to hassle you all over again!
    Also, the went on Donedeal and bought a bunch of just our of NCT Isuzus as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

fixxxer wrote:

No reviews yet is worrying

• Advertisement

Minor Spoilers

Some New Kirby Gameplay too

sweetie wrote: »
    No reviews yet is worrying

You never get reviews until the day it comes out. Same for most if not all indies on Switch.

KIMISHIMA: EXPANDING THE SWITCH CAUSAL AUDIENCE IS MY 2018 PRIORITY
    Ascii – In the first year (of Nintendo Switch), many core gamers became aware of it.

Kimishima – As expected, core gamers have understood the concept (of Nintendo Switch) after its launch. That said, after Super Mario Odyssey was released, the number of families playing Nintendo games have slowly started to increased.

Ascii – So your plan is to further broaden the casual audience in the second year (of Nintendo Switch)?

Kimishima: Yes. There are certainly many casual gamers who ignore ordinary games. Shouldn’t we expand the audience by making the same people think, “Nintendo Switch has become a huge topic recently, perhaps I should try it out?”

To further explain the meaning behind what I said, Nintendo Labo was announced at the timing (people felt that). Many people seem to have been surprised by its news.

https://nintendosoup.com/kimishima-expanding-switch-causal-audience-2018-priority/

http://ascii.jp/elem/000/001/630/1630674/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) has announced Subsurface Circular is out on Switch soon. I liked it on PC - a short but well-designed and written narrative game that kinda feels like the interesting side projects you get from some film directors in between their big hitters. It’s effectively a robot detective game set entirely on a train, but manages to hit some interesting sci-fi themes along the way. It was extremely well priced when released on PC, so that’ll hopefully follow through on the Switch :)

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/status/964076896152670208

First Fe review from GamesRadar:

Watch for yourself, but I'll spoiler some of the main points:
    - It's about 6 hours long
    - It's gorgeous
    - No tutorial is a negative
    - You'll spend a lot of your time knowing where to go, but have no idea how to get there.
    - Lots of puzzles.

Score:
    3.5/5

A bit disappointed to be honest. I'll see what other reviews say later. I predict 7s and 8s across the board.

^^ Uh Oh - I guess they got in trouble for breaking the embargo! Video might come back later. :)

Upcoming eShop file sizes:

Wanderjahr TryAgainOrWalkAway – 4.2GB
    Mulaka – 3.8GB
    Layers of Fear: Legacy – 3.1GB
    Joe Denver’s Lone Wolf – 2.9GB
    Manticore – Galaxy on Fire – 2.6GB
    Detention – 2.0GB
    Escape Trick: 35 Fateful Enigmas – 1.8GB
    Typoman – 1.0GB
    Old Man’s Journey – 733MB
    TorqueL: Physics Modified Edition – 393MB
    Millie – 266MB
    Dragon Sinker – 196MB
    Puzzle Puppers – 145MB
    Pool Billiard – 103MB
    Xeodrifter – 84.0MB
    Aqua Kitty UDX – 72.0MB
    Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Gate Of Doom – 58.0MB
    Samurai Aces – 37.0MB

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-file-sizes-mulaka-layers-of-fear-legacy-manticore-more/

Hollow Nintendo Switch - Release Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yXmL_DEF0
    “I never cared about this ship…I just…wanted to find myself. I had to. Something deep in my brain – deep in my very soul – clawed at me, struggling to make sense of everything. But the sad truth is that it never could. I never could. I still can’t remember who I am.”

Hello, prospective crew member! Welcome to Shakhter-One, the first space mining ship to gather resources from the atmosphere of the planet Jupiter! Shakhter-One provides mass quantities of supplies to a resource-starved Earth. Thanks to Shakhter-One, we no longer have to depend on coal or oil! Still not sold on making Shakhter-One your new home?

“I don’t even know if this has happened before. Me, here, telling this same, exact story. …Surely not. I would remember that… Right?”

Shakhter-One offers a fresh start among the stars! On Shakhter-One, everybody is important! Everybody is employed! All children have an equal start! We’re confident you’ll see that Shakhter-One is the perfect place to begin your family’s future!

“The only thing that I can truly be sure of is the constant, pervading feeling I have deep inside. I’m empty. I’m hollow.”

In “Hollow,” you are one of the pilots that transports precious resource cargo from the mining ship Shakhter-One down to Earth. One day you wake up in an emergency capsule drifting near the facility. You don’t remember who you are, or how you got out there… All you can remember is an autopilot docking code for capsule dock NR 6.

When you dock with Shakhter-One, it is clear that something has gone horribly wrong. The crew is missing and the entire facility is dealing with catastrophic power issues. As you start to uncover the ship’s terrifying secrets, Shakhter-One threatens to take your identity, your sanity, and – ultimately – your life.

The worst evil is the one that knows us better than we know ourselves.
    The worst nightmare is the one borne in our past, emotions, fears, and pain.

– Explore a derelict mining facility in orbit around Jupiter.
    – Wade trough nightmare and solve Shakhter-One mystery.
    – Enter open battle or use environment as your ally while fighting your fears.
    – Solve puzzles and use your brain to proceed.
    – Master “In-Your-Face” gun combat to survive.
    – Reveal deep, engaging backstory of protagonist and set him free… … or do not.

We are happy to announce Hollow Nintendo Switch release date - 22/02/2018 - mark this date!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I thought that was Hollow Knight :(

Advertisement