Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

geotrig wrote: »
    i thought i saw somewhere that it was pushed back at least a week

Well, I'll keep the powder dry until then!

Still no release date on Binding of Isaac....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, I'll keep the powder dry until then!

Still no release date on Binding of Isaac....

The girlfriend has that on Pre Order for me as part of my valentines day gift to me.

I tougt it was coming the 17th of this month ?. As she asked me Do you wont me to get you another game for the switch ?.

I am going to hold out for another month and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ended up buying Fast RMX in the end...
    I'm weak, I know....
    It looks gorgeous but is the same game as Fast Racing Neo.
    Still no sign of World of Goo though...

So it is actually just a rename, or what?
    I have Fast Racing NEO on the Wii U, so I'll know to avoid it if its the same game.
    It seems a bit lousy that they just renamed the game to get more punters!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd read that they'd added a lot of extra stuff to the game, like extra tracks etc...
    compared to the original Wii U version we almost doubled the content and added a lot of new visual effects and many general improvements
    Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/shinen-on-fast-rmx-new-content-praise-for-switch-uses-hd-rumble/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll have to stick with it so.
    I don't know if the extra tracks in RMX are the Fast Racing Neo dlc or genuinely new material.
    That dlc was included on the FRN physical release.
    I'm in work so I can't check the track numbers compared to each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

In a vague attempt to justify my purchase, I can say that I didn't buy the Fast Racing NEO DLC.

Mainly though, RMX was listed at a pretty decent digital price and I'm much, much more likely to occasionally play it on the Switch in handheld mode.

I bought it because I wanted a racing game on my new device and, while I own it already, I quite like it, though it is Wipeout/FZeroGX-lite... just 1 calorie, won't fill you up (on AG racing), so plenty of room left for Redout, which looks superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm humming and hawing about RMX, but I'll probably go for Shovel Knight. I know RMX won't get any play time once Mario Kart comes out next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see they've announced Time Attack and Friend Online Support for RMX coming soon

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm humming and hawing about RMX, but I'll probably go for Shovel Knight. I know RMX won't get any play time once Mario Kart comes out next month.

I suppose it's a bit like the good old PS1 days, you could own F1'97 and Wipeout 2097, both got plenty of play... as did Colin McRea, Rollcage, Driver and Grand Tiramisu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I suppose it's a bit like the good old PS1 days, you could own F1'97 and Wipeout 2097, both got plenty of play... as did Colin McRea, Rollcage, Driver and Grand Tiramisu!

Yeah, but I'm barely into driving games as it is. I have plenty to keep me going with Zelda for now anyway. I can't see myself wanting another game for a while.

Something really nice about Fast RMX is the HD Rumble effects, it feels pretty good, giving you an active tactile experience as you tear around the courses.

Yooka Laylee Switch trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Bloodstained has been officially announced for Switch, delayed to Q1 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

What's the latest on Splatoon 2? Can we still expect it in the summer? Hopefully sooner rather than later

AMGer wrote: »
    What's the latest on Splatoon 2? Can we still expect it in the summer? Hopefully sooner rather than later

Nintendo said Q3. So between July and September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

AMGer wrote: »

there a "beta" test end of the month
    Friday 24th March

19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET

Saturday 25th March

03:00 - 03:59 GMT / 04:00 - 04:59 CET
    11:00 - 11:59 GMT / 12:00 - 12:59 CET
    19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET

Sunday 26th March

04:00 - 04:59 BST / 05:00 - 05:59 CET
    12:00 - 12:59 BST / 13:00 - 13:59 CET

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/splatoon_2_global_testfire_demo_details_confirmed_for_europe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

When the first one came out, I *think* everyone who downloaded that beta got some money off the full game from the eShop. Might be worth giving it a go, either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah they did. but then I wanted the Squid Amiibo. :)

Must get back to Splatoon before the testfire starts and get familiar with the controls again. I'm sure they'll have the tutorial again for newbies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

As most people know I Am Setsuna has a physical release in Asia with a Japanese sleeve but the retailer Heavy Arm Game is selling the game with an English lanuage sleeve. If your interested in the game on disc err cartridge with English sleeve get in touch with them.

I've allready paid for my copy release end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

McLoughlin wrote: »
    As most people know I Am Setsuna has a physical release in Asia with a Japanese sleeve but the retailer Heavy Arm Game is selling the game with an English lanuage sleeve. If your interested in the game on disc err cartridge with English sleeve get in touch with them.

I couldn't see it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    McLoughlin wrote: »

I couldn't see it on their website.

It's not on their website as it's out of stock the only way to get the game is to email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

[url] http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-08-rime-comes-out-in-may[/url]

PC, PS4 and Xbox One in both physical and digital form, priced £29.99, £39.99 on Switch physical and digital, as well as a delay.

I'll be waiting for a price drop on this I think. No chance I'm paying extra just to have it on a new piece of hardware.

PC, PS4 and Xbox One in both physical and digital form, priced £29.99, £39.99 on Switch physical and digital, as well as a delay.

I'll be waiting for a price drop on this I think. No chance I'm paying extra just to have it on a new piece of hardware.

Nintendo tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd only really play Rime on the go, gotta suck it up in my case. I could save the £10 but probably wouldn't get half the hours from it. Worth it for the portability IMO, but that's in my case.

Binding Of Issac on the 17th March!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I'd only really play Rime on the go, gotta suck it up in my case. I could save the £10 but probably wouldn't get half the hours from it. Worth it for the portability IMO, but that's in my case.

I'd love it for portability too, but I'm not paying extra just because they want to take advantage of a new system with a small library. It just rubs me up the wrong way a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Binding Of Issac on the 17th March!

You gonna need another switch now ain't ya.

• Advertisement

You gonna need another switch now ain't ya.

Between that and £10 more expensive Rime!

Advertisement