Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) has announced Subsurface Circular is out on Switch soon. I liked it on PC - a short but well-designed and written narrative game that kinda feels like the interesting side projects you get from some film directors in between their big hitters. It’s effectively a robot detective game set entirely on a train, but manages to hit some interesting sci-fi themes along the way. It was extremely well priced when released on PC, so that’ll hopefully follow through on the Switch :)

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/status/964076896152670208
    He has confirmed it will be £4.79 on the UK eShop:
    https://twitter.com/mikeBithell/status/964087399637807104

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think with the download for Bayonetta I am finally gonna need to buy a memory card.

Dark Souls: Remastered On Nintendo Switch Is Being Worked By Virtuos

https://segmentnext.com/2018/02/16/dark-souls-remastered-nintendo-switch-version-worked-virtuos/

Dark Souls: Remastered on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One is in development by Polish studio QLOC, but that's been known for some time.

Video review from NintendoWorldReport on Fe.

Fe (Switch) Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKUGivJ_j0

I won't spoil the score.
    9/10

• Advertisement

Candleman Devs Targeting 4K@60FPS on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X; Nintendo Switch Port Coming

https://wccftech.com/candleman-targeting-4k60fps-ps4pro-xb1x/

Some videos.

Announcement trailer for Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY1rMt-xZwc

And accolades trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM5EG5IY1mQ

It looks gorgeous and the reviews are great. It's received a lot of praise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

sligeach wrote: »
    Dark Souls: Remastered On Nintendo Switch Is Being Worked By Virtuos

https://segmentnext.com/2018/02/16/dark-souls-remastered-nintendo-switch-version-worked-virtuos/

Dark Souls: Remastered on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One is in development by Polish studio QLOC, but that's been known for some time.

What I'm really looking forward to is some in-game footage/screenshots of the remaster.

Reviews scores for Fe are a bit scattershot so far.

NintendoWorldReport = 9/10
    NintendoLife = 8/10
    Gamesradar = 7/10
    IGN = 6.5/10
    CGMagazine = 5/10
    Destructoid = 5/10

Eurogamer don't give scores but if they did, it reads like a 5/10.

Polygon's review is in-progress but they love it.

A few things I've noted is it's incredibly short, 3 hours about(Eurogamer: "things do start to come together in the third of Fe's paltry three hours." IGN said the same: "Fe is pretty short as well – it only took me about three hours to complete. After beating the story, the map opens up and you can see how many collectibles you’ve missed in each area. It would likely only take me another couple hours to get everything Fe has to offer, but I’m not left wanting to."). And NWR "can't stress enough that playing in front of a big HD TV is worth making the time for." Platforming doesn't seem precise from several reviews.

I think the game looks really nice. If you didn't know Zoink! Games made this, you'd do well to guess it. It looks very different from what I associate them with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Reviews scores for Fe are a bit scattershot so far.

NintendoWorldReport = 9/10
    NintendoLife = 8/10
    Gamesradar = 7/10
    IGN = 6.5/10
    CGMagazine = 5/10
    Destructoid = 5/10

Eurogamer don't give scores but if they did, it reads like a 5/10.

Polygon's review is in-progress but they love it.

A few things I've noted is it's incredibly short, 3 hours about(Eurogamer: "things do start to come together in the third of Fe's paltry three hours." IGN said the same: "Fe is pretty short as well – it only took me about three hours to complete. After beating the story, the map opens up and you can see how many collectibles you’ve missed in each area. It would likely only take me another couple hours to get everything Fe has to offer, but I’m not left wanting to."). And NWR "can't stress enough that playing in front of a big HD TV is worth making the time for." Platforming doesn't seem precise from several reviews.

I think the game looks really nice. If you didn't know Zoink! Games made this, you'd do well to guess it. It looks very different from what I associate them with.

Looks interesting, but it's like 19.99 isn't it? Not for a 3 hour game. I know value is relative, but no matter what the quality, I'm not going to blow more than a tenner on a game that has a 3 hour completion time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

chrislad wrote: »
    Looks interesting, but it's like 19.99 isn't it? Not for a 3 hour game. I know value is relative, but no matter what the quality, I'm not going to blow more than a tenner on a game that has a 3 hour completion time on it.

I read elsewhere it's closer to 5-6 hours or so. Maybe that's if your a completionist though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Depends on the game. I paid full price for What Remains of Edith Finch and didn't regret it in the slightest. Fe has an art style that really appeals to me so I may just go ahead and get it. I enjoyed Unravel too for what that's worth.

PEGI rates Stick it the Man for Switch by Rising Star Games, hinting at a retail release
    stick-it-to-the-man-pegi.png

https://goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com/2018/02/17/pegi-rates-stick-it-the-man-for-switch-by-rising-star-games-hinting-at-a-retail-release/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's a good game. Ren & Stimpy meets Grim Fandango.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pac1Man wrote: »
    That's a good game. Ren & Stimpy meets Grim Fandango.

Aaaaand now I've got to try that...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Aaaaand now I've got to try that...

giphy.gif

I think with the download for Bayonetta I am finally gonna need to buy a memory card.

I've still haven't gotten a game since Rayman Legends, which I got a few days after Christmas. I don't think I need a memory card right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://twitter.com/TwoTribesGames/status/964453912760774657

Not sure what the introductory price is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€9.99 it seems....

Another balls of a physical release by Capcom with Europe getting the shaft, again!

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 Switch Announce Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCbbJQ91IY
    The future has never looked brighter for the iconic Mega Man. As part of the 30th Anniversary celebration of the Blue Bomber and the upcoming Mega Man 11 in late 2018, we’re bringing ten of his classic adventures to Nintendo Switch! Complete with brand-new features for Mega Man Legacy Collection and exclusive challenges for Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, you can enjoy busting ‘bots anytime, anywhere when both collections arrive as individual digital downloads on the Nintendo eShop and as a combo package at retail in North America this May.

Leading the charge is Mega Man Legacy Collection, bringing together Mega Man’s original six adventures from the Nintendo Entertainment System. No need to dust off old cartridges to enjoy these classic quests as you jump, shoot, slide, and rush your way through masterfully crafted stages to reach the distinctive bosses of Mega Man games – the Robot Masters – in a bid to cut them down and claim their weapons as your own. With the ability to create a save state just about anywhere, you can retry tricky sections as much as you like without having to start over, or simply pick up where you left off when you’re playing at home or on the go.

Series veterans know that Mega Man is all about the heat of the moment-to-moment gameplay, though. Did you get a little too gutsy with a jump and fall in a pit? Were you not quick enough to escape a barrage of lasers? You can get back into the game in a flash thanks to the brand-new “rewind” feature! Just by holding a button, you can roll back gameplay, allowing you to pick up where you left off without missing a beat.

If you’re looking to dive into even more content, Mega Man Legacy Collection includes a giant gallery of concept sketches, box art (including the infamous original Mega Man box art), production art, songs from each game, and a collection of challenges that will put even the most dedicated fan of the Blue Bomber to the test. If you have a regular or golden Mega Man amiibo, you’ll also gain access to eleven additional fan-made challenges (from this contest), previously exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version of the game and now making their console debut on Nintendo Switch! Do you have what it takes to come out on top? You’ll have to run like the wind to prove you’re the very best on the leaderboards.

Moving on from Mega Man’s early years, spring into Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 to see the beloved bot’s evolution and retro revolution in action. Mega Man 7 originally burst onto the scene on the Super Nintendo, updating the classic series with 16-bit graphics and a rich story that takes place just a few months after the previous game ended. Mega Man 8 kept with the tradition, bringing an astronomical upgrade with 32-bit graphics, an expanded storyline, and fully animated cutscenes that are well-known for their “quality” voice acting. Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 made a splash right as the 8-bit retro revolution was taking off, bringing the series back to basics with NES-style visuals while pumping up gameplay with additional playable characters: Mega Man’s sometimes friendly rival, Proto Man, joins the fight Mega Man 9, and returns alongside Mega Man’s nemesis, Bass, in Mega Man 10.

There’s plenty more to play after you’ve finished the main games, too. Both Mega Man 9 and 10 include all previously released DLC, giving you access to time attacks, bonus stages, and more. Already packed with a selection of art, music, and unique challenges for each game, using any Mega Man amiibo with Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 unlocks new challenges to put your platforming skills to the test. Think you can earn gold across a variety of challenges without striking out?

You can grab both collections for yourself digitally with Mega Man Legacy Collection for $14.99 and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 for $19.99, or pick both up at retail in North America (MMLC on a cartridge and MMLC2 as a digital download) with an exclusive Mega Man 30th Anniversary cleaning cloth for $39.99 this May. Check out the official website for info on where to pre-order. With all ten classic titles coming to Nintendo Switch, it’s a great time to catch up or relive your favorite mega moments ahead of Mega Man 11, coming late 2018 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

A bit pricier than what I initially expected it to be.

• Advertisement

Guess I'll be buying from the US again, as I did with Resident Evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The US version is same is it not? 1 on cart and the other is a download. Capcom stingy enough to not lose out on 2nd hand sales by the sound of it.

Corholio wrote: »
    The US version is same is it not? 1 on cart and the other is a download. Capcom stingy enough to not lose out on 2nd hand sales by the sound of it.

From my reading, it seems to be download only outside of North America

"You can grab both collections for yourself digitally with Mega Man Legacy Collection for $14.99 and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 for $19.99, or pick both up at retail in North America (MMLC on a cartridge and MMLC2 as a digital download) with an exclusive Mega Man 30th Anniversary cleaning cloth for $39.99 this May."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

"You can grab both collections for yourself digitally with Mega Man Legacy Collection for $14.99 and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 for $19.99, or pick both up at retail in North America (MMLC on a cartridge and MMLC2 as a digital download) with an exclusive Mega Man 30th Anniversary cleaning cloth for $39.99 this May."

The bit in brackets states MMLC2 is a digital download there too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i would read that as the retail US version comes with the first on cartridge and the second as a download code

Unless Capcom announce something for Europe later, it appears to be download only here for both Collections. In the US, they get the first collection on cartridge and the second collection is a download only code. It's stinginess, they want as much profit as possible but they're not thinking of the consumer at all. Whatever at Resident Evil: Revelations Collection, there was no excuse though, there is definitely no excuse here. The whole lot of the Mega Man Collection would fit on an 8GB card. If Indies can do it then a massive 3rd party like Capcom can too. They're a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

Unless Capcom announce something for Europe later, it appears to be download only here for both Collections. In the US, they get the first collection on cartridge and the second collection is a download only code. It's stinginess, they want as much profit as possible but they're not thinking of the consumer at all. Whatever at Resident Evil: Revelations Collection, there was no excuse though, there is definitely no excuse here. The whole lot of the Mega Man Collection would fit on an 8GB card. If Indies can do it then a massive 3rd party like Capcom can too. They're a disgrace.
    capcom have always ,for as long as I remember ,been about getting every cent out of you as possible. After all this time I don't think anyone is surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

A cleaning cloth? Wow, they're really going all out

Corholio wrote: »
    The bit in brackets states MMLC2 is a digital download there too though.

Yes, but having one game on cartridge, versus having none is still better in my book. :)

As sligeach said, they did the same with Resident Evil, which is understandable as RE2 was a 23gb download. With this, it doesn't make sense. I'm sure you could fit MM1 through 10 onto a 2gb card. Make the extra content like videos etc DLC if you want, but let us have the games on a cart.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    A cleaning cloth? Wow, they're really going all out

That's for people to dry their tears with. ;)

Advertisement