Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Here's a video comparison of both the old and new versions of Rime post the patch.

RiME for Nintendo Switch - Patch v1.02 vs. Original - Comparison Video (Direct-Feed Switch Gameplay)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAjIILgT6N0

Yes, it definitely looks better but it may be too late though. The game has earned a bad reputation.

RiME Switch 1.0.2 Patch Notes

- Increased visual fidelity, bloom and post-processing
    - Sharpened image resolution
    - Opening Cinematics visually improved
    - Fixed possible stage exploits that would enable players to skip parts of the stages
    - Increased texture quality in specific areas
    - Increased view distance
    - Fixed an issue with foliage density, shadows, and render distances
    - Updated texture mipmaps for the Fox
    - Improved global mipmaps
    - Improved shadow distance and quality
    - Fixed instances of foliage pops
    - Stabilized FPS
    - Optimized the Boys cape and hair physics
    - Rebuilt streaming volumes
    - Fixed an issue that allowed you to see outside of the map in later stages.
    - Updated lighting to prevent bleed through
    - Updated the quality of trees in earlier stages where they would display poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    Yes, it definitely looks better but it may be too late though. The game has earned a bad reputation.

Nope. I'll buy it now. Fair play to the devs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Rime is currently free on ps+. I was really looking forward to the switch version, but then the bad reviews completely put a stop to me buying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, I just got it with my PS+ sub, so why spend on the Switch edition.
    If it fails to make the sales on the Switch they have no one to blame but themselves, from the late release to the pitiful state it was in up to this point.
    So, no purchase from me, and I double dip on lots of games.
    But why reward shoddy and lazy development?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr E wrote: »
    Nope. I'll buy it now. Fair play to the devs.

The only issue I have with this is that it's a patch. It really should be reissued, as when the service eventually goes down (which is years away, I know), this game will go back to unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doom has just had a new 1.1.1. update which has added in gyro aiming and loads of other audio and visual fixes. Fair play to Bethesda (or Panic Button) for adding it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Payday 2 on Switch is using a version of the game at least 12 months old, potentially older. It's actually behind the PS4 and XOne versions, which are way behind the PC version.

More details here

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/7yuljb/the_switch_version_is_below_update_130?sort=confidence

Would not recommend supporting these POS

Corholio wrote: »
    Doom has just had a new 1.1.1. update which has added in gyro aiming and loads of other audio and visual fixes. Fair play to Bethesda (or Panic Button) for adding it in.

Great news, anyone have full patch notes

Payday 2 on Switch is using a version of the game at least 12 months old, potentially older. It's actually behind the PS4 and XOne versions, which are way behind the PC version.

More details here

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/7yuljb/the_switch_version_is_below_update_130?sort=confidence

Would not recommend supporting these POS

I wasn't planning on, but this is good to know. I understand porting can be tough, but a whole year plus behind smacks of laziness and just getting something out the door.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great news, anyone have full patch notes

Nerd :pac:

Rumour: Diablo III is in development for Nintendo Switch with local co-op

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/29489-rumor-diablo-iii-is-in-development-for-nintendo-switch-with-local-coop/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

chrislad wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on, but this is good to know. I understand porting can be tough, but a whole year plus behind smacks of laziness and just getting something out the door.

People have been complaining about the PS4 and XOne versions for ages now, there was one stage they were like 18 months behind the PC version of the game. Fans of porting the game and leaving it with feck all support. They've improved them since but are still way behind.

The Reddit post estimates that the switch version is v121 iirc, the following patch was the John Wick one where textures and billboards in game where updated. The Switch version has these updated billboards, but none of the extra content that was added. It's all very fishy and doesn't paint OVK in a good light, though they've been shooting themselves in the foot for about 2 years now anyways

*Edit* The Panic Room heist, over two years old, is not in the Switch version either

*Edit 2* Seems it's patch 147, about 6 months behind PC, can't find what version the PS4 and XOne are running.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7yz08y/payday_2_switch_real_fact?sort=confidence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

Corholio wrote: »

Hopefully this fixes that weird issue where the thumbsticks become non-responsive in menus? That's the only major thing that I can think of. Actually annoying as hell {pun intended}.

Game plays so well on Switch. Great fun. Glad I ignored the people saying it was basically "unplayable" because of the framerate.

'Owlboy' Creator Explains 'Zelda' Influence and Move to Nintendo Switch

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/owlboy-creator-zelda-influence-move-nintendo-switch-1086720

28377553_1598147883555720_5580324543115550482_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=75b0a0486d3d5180e5b1bd1d086a7a4f&oe=5B0DA887
    The Mummy Demastered has been updated with a smoother frame rate, shorter load times, and re-balanced death mechanic! Switch version adds all new HD Rumble!

This update includes:

- Initial load time has been drastically reduced.

- HD Rumble added to Nintendo Switch version

- Revamped the death mechanic:
    > Health Packs regained from Undead Agents default to full
    > Weapons Regained from Undead Agents have more ammo
    > Undead Agents health more fairly balanced, based on number of Health Packs they are holding

- Health drops are more fairly balanced

- Spawn Frequency of Bats, Ravens, and Spiders re-balanced

- HP of all bosses has been re-balanced

- Game performance greatly increased

Try out all these great new updates NOW!

https://www.facebook.com/WayForward/posts/1598147883555720

EA HAS "NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE," AS FAR AS BURNOUT PARADISE REMASTERED ON SWITCH IS CONCERNED

https://gonintendo.com/stories/302561-ea-has-nothing-to-announce-as-far-as-burnout-paradise-remaster

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/20/17032438/burnout-paradise-remastered-release-date-trailer-ps4-xbox-one-pc

I'm still waiting for EA to announce even 1 new game for Switch. You know it's 6 months since the Switch version of Fe was announced, which really they've little to do with other than publishing it. It's over a year since FIFA 18 was announced for Switch. That's it, in all that time they've committed to nothing else. They've made 1 game themselves for the Switch. Looks like another "unprecedented partnership".

**** em

They are a blight to the industry anyway. If I want monitization you get get it on every other console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given the rate and quality of releases on the Switch so far I'm wholly unconcerned at this point at the lack of EA announcements.
    It'd be a pity not to see a remaster of Burnout Paradise pop up on the Switch, and it'd be puzzling for a profits driven company, such as EA, not seek to capitalise on the ready and hungry audience of Switch owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Given the rate and quality of releases on the Switch so far I'm wholly unconcerned at this point at the lack of EA announcements.
    It'd be a pity not to see a remaster of Burnout Paradise pop up on the Switch, and it'd be puzzling for a profits driven company, such as EA, not seek to capitalise on the ready and hungry audience of Switch owners.

if the switch stands at about 15mil units and was to sell say a min of 10mil more in the next 12 months i would imagine they will quickly change their tune but as has been said they can keep there microtransaction riddled games for all i care. im hoping konami announce the next pes on the switch to sustain my football needs or else i'll just go back to it on pc,i'd rather switch to avoid the cheats on pc, cant abide FUT having enjoyed myclub on pes the last few years finding it much harder to put together anyway a decent team in FUT seemingly you need to put a lot of real world money into it while in myclub theres so much that can be won and earned far easier to put together a good team

Castle of Heart. Looks good, but seems a bit slow? I know the knight is made of stone, but it just seems a bit sluggish. One to watch I think. :)

Switch exclusive, out 23rd March, with a price tag of €14.99.

- A unique main character: a knight turned into stone who needs to keep fighting to avoid disintegrating
    - 20 completely different levels in 4 beautiful environments loosely inspired by real-life locations
    - Roughly 50 types of both short- and long-range weapons, allowing each gamer to find their own, individual combat style
    - HD Rumble support, further increasing players’ immersion
    - At least 7 hours of addictive, exciting gameplay
    - Epic boss fights at the end of every location
    - Breathtaking graphic design
    - Numerous power-ups that enrich the gameplay

• Advertisement

Urban Trial Playground is out on April 5th. Switch exclusive. Looks like a nice Trials copycat.

3DS/Vita prequels are hovering around the 60/70% range.

Mr E wrote: »
    Castle of Heart. Looks good, but seems a bit slow? I know the knight is made of stone, but it just seems a bit sluggish. One to watch I think. :)

Switch exclusive, out 23rd March, with a price tag of €14.99.

- A unique main character: a knight turned into stone who needs to keep fighting to avoid disintegrating
    - 20 completely different levels in 4 beautiful environments loosely inspired by real-life locations
    - Roughly 50 types of both short- and long-range weapons, allowing each gamer to find their own, individual combat style
    - HD Rumble support, further increasing players’ immersion
    - At least 7 hours of addictive, exciting gameplay
    - Epic boss fights at the end of every location
    - Breathtaking graphic design
    - Numerous power-ups that enrich the gameplay

So, it's really Dark Souls clone, only in 2D, and much much shorter....
    Looks lovely though

sligeach wrote: »
    EA HAS "NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE," AS FAR AS BURNOUT PARADISE REMASTERED ON SWITCH IS CONCERNED

https://gonintendo.com/stories/302561-ea-has-nothing-to-announce-as-far-as-burnout-paradise-remaster

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/20/17032438/burnout-paradise-remastered-release-date-trailer-ps4-xbox-one-pc

I'm still waiting for EA to announce even 1 new game for Switch. You know it's 6 months since the Switch version of Fe was announced, which really they've little to do with other than publishing it. It's over a year since FIFA 18 was announced for Switch. That's it, in all that time they've committed to nothing else. They've made 1 game themselves for the Switch. Looks like another "unprecedented partnership".

Gowls.

:D

Rumour: Emily Rogers states a Smash Bros. game for Switch will be announced for 2018

https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/02/21/rumor-emily-rogers-states-smash-bros-game-switch-will-announced-2018/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-kind-of-feels-like-nintendo-is-on-cruise-control-a-bit-with-the-switch-now.24216/page-16#post-4753218

It's Emily so you know the deal. I think we can all predict that Smash Bros. is coming this year to Switch.

Not sure why some of the sites are reporting this today because of her latest post. She said ages ago there would be a Smash coming in some form this year, her newest post is just repeating that in reply to another poster.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Nerd :pac:

Yes, yes I am...and proud! :D

Milanoir - Switch Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_L95h0Y_-E
    Milanoir, an original pixel-packed action game inspired by the masterpiece Italian crime movies of the 1970s, is expected to launch on Nintendo Switch™ in early 2018.

Set in the violent underbelly of Milan, Milanoir is a story of greed, betrayal and revenge that plays off classic films like Caliber 9 and Almost Human. Sneak, choke and shoot through the seedy criminal underworld and survive breathtaking vehicle chases to evade and eliminate those standing between you and the man who framed you. Milanoir’s pixel art aesthetic paints the unforgiving city of Milan in bright and bloody detail with a funky ‘70s-style soundtrack to cement the tone of the era.

The game has been designed with the unique capabilities of the Nintendo Switch™ in mind, and allows two players to complete its entire action packed campaign in Co-Op mode on one console with each player using one Joy‑Con™ controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

PAC-Man is stll fun, definitely a little rougher on the Switch than the PS4 though

Worth €20? I feel it's a little steep. I played the first game on the 360 for 2 hours max before I got distracted by something shinier and never went back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm not sure really. I thought it was when I bought (I love it on the PS4, but it was only 4 quid there) but the price and the rough performance aren't big factors in its favour.

Advertisement