Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When was that released? I never saw that at all I would definitely have picked it up :(

It's been out a while. GameStop had it for about 20 over the Xmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's still in stock in a lot of places, they are charging €30 for it.
    They've got a different version too, that comes with the DLC, for €30, just no goodies link

And hopefully the physical edition will come loaded with the DLC, I'm sure it will, on the Switch.
    Well worth buying, might even pick it up again myself, the edition I have now is the base digital version for my PS4, and a physical Switch copy would be perfect, once it's in sub-€40 territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's still in stock in a lot of places, they are charging €30 for it.
    They've got a different version too, that comes with the DLC, for €30, just no goodies link

And hopefully the physical edition will come loaded with the DLC, I'm sure it will, on the Switch.
    Well worth buying, might even pick it up again myself, the edition I have now is the base digital version for my PS4, and a physical Switch copy would be perfect, once it's in sub-€40 territory.

apparently some Russian site had it up for $40 previously - so that looks like the price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,047 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

BINGO for Nintendo Switch PV(US)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3izjiWzOG4
    Buzzer BINGO
    Buzzer BINGO is a game in which 4 players scramble for the number that appears.

Slide BINGO
    Slide BINGO is a game in which you move the rows around to allign the red tiles on your card to make a row.

BINGO Poker
    BINGO Poker is a game in which you try to get a BINGO using both the pre-existing red tiles and the new numbers you get.
    However, when you acquire a new number, you must throw away one existing number in return.

Classic BINGO
    Classic BINGO is a simple game in which you take in all the numbers that appear on your card.

Lay flat Mode
    In "Lay flat Mode" you can face opponent and play.

Play "BINGO for Nintendo Switch"
    and get excited by everyone!

Price: USD: 4.99, EUR: 4.99, GBP: 4.49
    Release: Mar 15, 2018
    Genre: Puzzle

Terrible English in the trailer and it appears to be a minimal Japanese port. Still, it's cheap I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

safetyboy wrote: »
    any word on Danmaku Unlimited 3 ?? supposed to be out before xmas

13th of next month its due out ! according to nl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

geotrig wrote: »
    13th of next month its due out ! according to nl

awesome, my next game for switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

safetyboy wrote: »
    awesome, my next game for switch.

mine too unless price is really arsey

Wild Guns Reloaded Heading To The Nintendo Switch In April 2018

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/27/wild-guns-reloaded-heading-nintendo-switch-april-2018/

It's $30 on Gamestop's website.

Outlast 2 launches March 27 for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/outlast-2-launches-march-27-for-switch/

Outlast 2 will cost £26.99. It’ll take up 9.6GB of space.
    Outlast 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed survival horror game Outlast. Set in the same universe as the first game, but with different characters and a different setting, Outlast 2 is a twisted new journey into the depths of the human mind and its dark secrets.

Outlast 2 introduces you to Sullivan Knoth and his followers, who left our wicked world behind to give birth to Temple Gate, a town, deep in the wilderness and hidden from civilization. Knoth and his flock are preparing for the tribulations of the end of times and you’re right in the thick of it.

You are Blake Langermann, a cameraman working with your wife, Lynn. The two of you are investigative journalists willing to take risks and dig deep to uncover the stories no one else will dare touch.

You’re following a trail of clues that started with the seemingly impossible murder of a pregnant woman known only as Jane Doe.
    The investigation has lead you miles into the Arizona desert, to a darkness so deep that no one could shed light upon it, and a corruption so profound that going mad may be the only sane thing to do.

Source: Switch eShop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mulaka launch trailer.... Watched a review earlier on youtube and it looks a bit clunky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

CastorTroy wrote: »

Decent port from the sounds of things

Peter Molyneux's The Trail out on Nintendo Switch
    Walk it off.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-28-peter-molyneuxs-the-trail-out-on-nintendo-switch

It's out today and is £11.99. This game is new to me. You can see a trailer below.

22cans - The Trail: Frontier Challenge on Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXls3nEpfmg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    Peter Molyneux's The Trail out on Nintendo Switch
    Walk it off.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-28-peter-molyneuxs-the-trail-out-on-nintendo-switch

It's out today and is £11.99. This game is new to me. You can see a trailer below.

22cans - The Trail: Frontier Challenge on Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXls3nEpfmg

This is free on mobile. And that's pricey for what you get. It always feels like there's something just around the bend but there isn't. Just more walking. Great for a couple of dip-ins over a few days before ennui sets in, but not worth 11.99 in my opinion

Some more upcoming eShop file sizes...

Castle of Heart – 2.3GB
    Little Triangle – 2.1GB
    TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom – 1.8GB
    Coffin Dodgers – 1.4GB
    Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo – 1.0GB
    A Hole New World – 856MB
    North – 812MB
    Subsurface Circular – 546MB
    Neonwall – 512MB
    One Eyed Kutkh – 449MB
    Packet Queen # – 413MB
    Steredenn: Binary Stars – 372MB
    I, Zombie – 280MB
    Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder Devastated – 204MB
    Spiral Splatter – 179MB
    Bleed 2 – 177MB
    Grid Mania – 152MB
    A Normal Lost Phone – 123MB
    Danmaku Unlimited 3 – 123MB
    Guilt Battle Arena – 122MB
    Alteric – 112MB
    Midnight Deluxe – 105MB
    Poisoft Thud Card – 76.0MB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've not heard of most of them games you just listed. Detention is out today its a little on the short side but since the system is short on horror titles it'll have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

There's a demo for Kirby Star Allies available right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A Kirby Star Allies Demo is now available on the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm not sure what I think of Kirby from the demo, but I'm pretty sure its not worth 50 euro at launch. 30 fps is pretty lame as well,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Corholio wrote: »
    A Kirby Star Allies Demo is now available on the eShop.

It's convinced my 9 year old he wants it anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm not sure what I think of Kirby from the demo, but I'm pretty sure its not worth 50 euro at launch. 30 fps is pretty lame as well,

I'm the same to be honest although the 30fps wasn't an issue for me.

Will pick it up on sale at some stage.

My only experience with Diablo was on the Xbox One. It was a lot of fun, and worked really well with the controller (just to get in there before PC games say it's bad without a mouse) - This could be a great pick up and play game. An awful lot of depth in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Seemed way too easy, could have sat back and let the friends do almost the work. Played it, uninstalled it, doubt I'll get it unless it's on sale in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ooh, lovely. Never had the opportunity to play Diablo 3 when it came out after playing 1, 2 and LoD to death back in the day. Looking forward to carpal tunnel all over again :)

Kirby Star Allies: Kirby WINS By Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! (All Boss Fights - Demo Version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jbb2SonDKQ

This game has some issues. It's Kirby so it'll likely be very easy and short. It's very expensive for what you get, you can buy at least 3 top Indie games for €60. It's also running at 30fps, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush on Wii U ran at 60fps. Impressions I've read thus far say it's mediocre. This game isn't going to light up the charts or shift hardware.

Nintendo Switch Is Resetting Play Times After One Year
    Better take screenshots of your play times if you hope to keep a record of them.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-is-resetting-play-times-after-one-/1100-6457122/ https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-only-catalogues-days-and-months-play-count-does-not-reset-numbers.26842/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DBHVNMznI

This will prove very annoying. I wonder if Nintendo can patch it in time or if it's recoverable.

Can't wait for Kirby

Demo was excellent

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't wait for Kirby

Demo was excellent

I thought it looked lovely but played poorly. I had amazon vouchers so I had pre-ordered it, but I cancelled it based off this demo. I'll probably pick it up when it's half the price, but at a full price game, it's a no from me. I have way too much to play to be getting games on release day when I'm not 100% wanting them.

Advertisement