Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just when you thought the couldn't offer you any more stability... 5.0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To be fair, the major releases (2,3,4) have all added significant enhancements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote: »
    To be fair, the major releases (2,3,4) have all added significant enhancements.

I'm struggling to think of firmware enhancements beyond the one that counted your in game time on a title which is now not working. Practically everything has stayed the same since Day 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

UncomfortableLeadingAtlanticblackgoby.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,046 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

One Of The Best Nintendo Switch Ideas I've Seen
    nwuywjtjf1yzkubnx1ak.jpg

https://kotaku.com/one-of-the-best-nintendo-switch-ideas-ive-seen-1823692865

That's really useful and it is a brilliant idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It's one step away from a bedpan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It's one step away from a bedpan.

Catheter would make more sense, you'd get more time between leaving the bed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Everspace announced for Switch. Looks like Star Fox on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Everspace announced for Switch. Looks like Star Fox on steroids.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPzK4dzVKU

Got it the other day on the xbox one, only put a few mins into it.....Star Fox it is not :pac:

• Advertisement

Any Kirby reviews yet?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any Kirby reviews yet?

just this one from Ciderman
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I read that as DS6 and was thinking what happened to 4 and 5 :pac:

I have it pre-ordered on Switch but might get it on the X aswell.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I read that as DS6 and was thinking what happened to 4 and 5 :pac:

I have it pre-ordered on Switch but might get it on the X aswell.

I'm sticking with the Switch version only. Love the appeal of having this on the go.
    I've never actually completed it either. I got to blighttown on the x360 and game up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm sticking with the Switch version only. Love the appeal of having this on the go.
    I've never actually completed it either. I got to blighttown on the x360 and game up!

I only did the first two bosses so it'll be brand new for me. I'd be interested to see what the X version looks like but I'll probably pick that up from Argos for €15 in a few months.

Got the Solaire Amiibo on pre-order as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any Kirby reviews yet?

Usually come out the day before release for Nintendo titles.

Probably more relevant to the Dark Souls thread but can you play this like Bloodborne, i.e. light on your feet, dodging instead of blocking with a shield etc.?

I put a few hours into DS and it was ok but Bloodborne really clicked with its play style.

Probably more relevant to the Dark Souls thread but can you play this like Bloodborne, i.e. light on your feet, dodging instead of blocking with a shield etc.?

I put a few hours into DS and it was ok but Bloodborne really clicked with its play style.

Not really. DS1 specially is much slower than Bloodborne, and you will need a shield.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you've only played Bloodborne then I've news for you, Dark Souls is going to eat you alive, and not in a sexy way.

You can lighten yourself, not being over-encumbered with armor, but then you are going to have poor defence.
    But it's such a great game, probably the best of the series, BB included.
    But the fighting style is so different, where smart thinking is required and a sense of what weapon is useful in what setting and against whom.
    The weapons selection in DS is vast, and everyone has their favourite setup.

This is going to be AWESOME!

• Advertisement

Not really. DS1 specially is much slower than Bloodborne, and you will need a shield.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You can lighten yourself, not being over-encumbered with armor, but then you are going to have poor defence.

"You can't do it" they screamed.

"Not good enough" they yelled.

"You probably have a nice personality though" another murmured.

I'm going to prove you all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"You can't do it" they screamed.

"Not good enough" they yelled.

"You probably have a nice personality though" another murmured.

I'm going to prove you all wrong.

It can be done, it wouldn't even be a difficult run to be honest. The best way of running no shield imo is two handing with the Grass Crest Shield on your back. It boosts stamina recovery speed, and if you need a shield in a clutch it's only a button press away.

If you've under 25% encumbrance you have faster rolls and more I frames to help, you can beat the whole game without a shield but there are some areas and fights where it's very useful to have one.

There's far more weapon variety than BB so you'll have a shield on you all the times anyways, just equip it if needs be.

I shall follow that blueprint.

This is starting to sound like Monster Hunter meets Bayonetta. Oh noes. Wallet! Run for your life, I'll try to hold it back as long as I can ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

has this been posted yet?

erdx4i7mn7l01.jpg

I'm glad crash is the same price as the PS4 version. Not sure I'll pay 60 notes for TWEWY though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

40 quid for Dark Souls, Crash trilogy, and Captain Toad. Thats the kind of pricing I like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

manual_man wrote: »
    40 quid for Dark Souls, Crash trilogy, and Captain Toad. Thats the kind of pricing I like

Dark Souls is £29.99 on Amazon.co.uk. I think they sort of price matched the Base price.

• Advertisement

The Crash Trilogy would likely need a 32GB cartridge as I believe it's ~23GB on PS4 unless they compress the crap out of it. Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 still remains the only game on a 32GB cartridge and only in Japan. It'll be interesting to see what Activision do. If it was Capcom, well, you know what they'd do, the stingy b@st@rds.

Atari Flashback Classics are coming to the Switch. That's pretty much it in terms of details. No indication of if all the games from the other platforms will make it over, no price and no concrete release date, though Christmas 2018 was mentioned. Below is last years trailer for PS4/XB1.

Atari Flashback Classics - Official Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHtjsmnOY-g

Advertisement