Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have a few, most recently Celeste and The End Is Nigh, and they have to offer something other than the same old teeth gnashing challenge to be relevant.
    The End Is Nigh I'm pretty divided on, on the one had it's very hard, on the other it's visually uninteresting...
    Celeste, on the other hand, is a sensory delight, and the challenge never makes you want to hurt anyone.

I loved Celeste. Great story, great visuals, great soundtrack, and a massive challenge.

The End is Nigh is a bit bland by comparison. I picked up the physical edition a few weeks ago, but it hasn't even gotten 10% of the playtime that I've given to Celeste.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought it, played it, wished I'd saved money and bought the digital version instead.
    It's infuriating and, unlike SMB, utterly humourless so far.
    I might try it again at some point but with my paucity of game playing time I can't see me investing in that title in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought it, played it, wished I'd saved money and bought the digital version instead.
    It's infuriating and, unlike SMB, utterly humourless so far.
    I might try it again at some point but with my paucity of game playing time I can't see me investing in that title in the near future

My only saving grace is that I got the physical version so I can trade it or swap it at some stage!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    My only saving grace is that I got the physical version so I can trade it or swap it at some stage!

Me too.
    Though, as it's a Nicalis release I'm probably going to hang onto it, little toy included in it's wrapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,046 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Infernium - Nintendo Switch Reveal Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQM9NOHp-QM
    Coming really, really soon to Nintendo Switch.

Infernium, a non-linear first person survival horror. Dive in an interconnected beautiful portrait of hell, die in a prison without bars and overcome a brutal penitence. An agonizing anxiety-inducing experience that will shake you to the core.

From the creator of the multi-awarded indie game of the year MIND: Path to Thalamus. Published by Undercoders, creators of Conga Master and the world wide acclaimed Superola and the Lost Burgers.

Running at native 720p 30fps on Nintendo Switch.

"The world wide acclaimed Superola and the Lost Burgers." Hahaha! No!

• Advertisement

Kirby is 50 euros in Smyths

Good!

More interesting data has emerged from that Famitsu poll I posted first thing this morning.

JAPANESE SWITCH OWNERS SHARE THEIR OVERALL SATISFACTION WITH THE DEVICE, PRO CONTROLLER ADOPTION RATE, PHYSICAL/DIGITAL PURCHASES, AND MORE

Yesterday we shared data from a Famitsu survey concerning the Switch online service, as well as favorite and most-wanted games for Switch owners in Japan. Today we have a few more tidbits from that survey.

- Switch owners have an 83.39 overall satisfaction level with the console (76.56 with current software and 87.46 with hardware)
    - 49.3% of owners have a Pro Controller
    - 52.3% do not use Video Capture
    - 54.6% buy predominantly packaged software with 12% purchasing predominanty digital
    - 33.4% play mostly in TV mode with 20.5% mostly Portable

https://gonintendo.com/stories/304509-japanese-switch-owners-share-their-overall-satisfaction-with-the

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/171899756884

That 50% of Switch owners have a Pro Controller says a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »

That they like to have a spare controller, and the Pro Controller is cheaper than the Joy Cons so it's logical to buy it if you don't need four controllers?

I have a Pro Controller because it was on sale. I haven't used it for more than two hours total I'd say.

It only proves that half the people bought a Pro Controller, which supplemented their existing Joycons.
    It says nothing else.
    To read anything else into it is just daft, and banging a busted old drum at that.
    Come on Sligeach, haven't you got a Switch yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I forgot to cancel Kirby which I was annoyed about, but it was only 36 euro off amazon so I can probably live with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Kirby is 50 euros in Smyths

Good!

I was going to get it for €45 in South Africa. Might as well spend the extra fiver, cheers. No doubt it will be €70 in Gamestop. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah it must be really hard to make a 3rd friend in Japan.

Japan gaming habits have been changing quite a bit over the last few years, that's all you can really say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Nollog

The 3d print for this was out after a week...

For the array of Shmups out there, it would be a very nice thing to have indeed, along with a physical release of Cave shooters!
    Ibara/MuchiMuchPork/Pink Sweets please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I never gave Scmups a decent chance. What's the one to get on the Switch?

Pac1Man wrote: »

There's quite a few, from the horizontal Blazing Stars and AeroFighters games from the NeoGeo collection and the Psikyo games, which are fantastic.
    The two Strikers 1945 are fantastic, and pretty cheap.
    Nice vertical mode too.

Again, a physical release of the collected Psikyo or, better still, Cave shooters, would be the cats pyjamas.

I played about an hour and a half of Octopath Traveller last night. I never really played anything like it before but it was really good fun. It think I will definitely be buying when it's released.

One annoyance I have though is that after I died I reloaded my save went back into the same fight I had just died in and could not skip the dialogue.

If you haven't tried the demo it's worth giving a blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I played about an hour and a half of Octopath Traveller last night. I never really played anything like it before but it was really good fun. It think I will definitely be buying when it's released.

One annoyance I have though is that after I died I reloaded my save went back into the same fight I had just died in and could not skip the dialogue.

If you haven't tried the demo it's worth giving a blast.

I loved everything except the turn based combat. Found it mind numbingly boring and really interrupted the flow of the game it happened so regularly

manual_man wrote: »
    I loved everything except the turn based combat. Found it mind numbingly boring and really interrupted the flow of the game it happened so regularly

Believe it or not that was my first time ever playing a turn based strategy game. I actually enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

TitianGerm wrote: »

Yeah that was pointed out and they say they've fixed that for the main game :)

lafors wrote: »
    Yeah that was pointed out and they say they've fixed that for the main game :)

Great news if true!!

Kirby's pretty fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you haven't played Kirby multiplayer, do. Give Kirby control to the youngest player. It's ****ing mayhem. I'm starting to think I'll have to pick this up.

Banjo wrote: »
    If you haven't played Kirby multiplayer, do. Give Kirby control to the youngest player. It's ****ing mayhem. I'm starting to think I'll have to pick this up.

Unfortunately, my cat can't hold a joy con.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Unfortunately, my cat can't hold a joy con.

Out of stubbornness? Give him the Pro Controller.

Who am I kidding. I had to complete the final level of Snipperclips holding one Joycon in each hand controlling the two characters at the same time. I did it though. Probably my finest moment since throwing a perfect game in Wii Bowling.

Out of stubbornness? Give him the Pro Controller.

Who am I kidding. I had to complete the final level of Snipperclips holding one Joycon in each hand controlling the two characters at the same time. I did it though. Probably my finest moment since throwing a perfect game in Wii Bowling.

Wow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Does "Enter the Gungeon" count?

I would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

I still have the original releases on the Megadrive and Snes, I wonder is there value in buying it again?

Advertisement