Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

First world problems my boy first world problems, I might try and get that issac collectors edition from videogameplus.ca

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

First world problems my boy first world problems, I might try and get that issac collectors edition from videogameplus.ca

That's what I'm waiting for, probably won't have it until mid April though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd love it for portability too, but I'm not paying extra just because they want to take advantage of a new system with a small library. It just rubs me up the wrong way a little.

Ah it's ****e, I'm looking at it value for money wise though.

Did someone say Binding of Issac Collectors Edition? I hit 130hrs on PC today :) I think that justifies giving Nicalis more money.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's what I'm waiting for, probably won't have it until mid April though.

looks like a lot in it for what it costs, gods damn why can't I stop dying in Zelda.

There is an apple usb-c to usb converter available wonder would it work on the switch for using basic usb chargers or have I not thought this through entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got a USB a to c cable today, will give it a go later/tomorrow if I get a chance and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There is an apple usb-c to usb converter available wonder would it work on the switch for using basic usb chargers or have I not thought this through entirely.

You can get fairly high quality USB C cables for 10-12 quid on Amazon, or the adapters for like €1 from DX.com or aliexpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Game Manual with Binding of Issac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can get fairly high quality USB C cables for 10-12 quid on Amazon, or the adapters for like €1 from DX.com or aliexpress.com

I got a pack of two adapters.
    One stopped charging one day and decided to get very very hot.
    Down with this sort of thing!
    Careful now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I bought this 3 pack of USB C adapters.
    Gonna use it with this charger and this USB cable.
    Only just got them and haven't tried it out yet - will report back when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Do we know how often the eShop will get updated for the Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

dmcg90 wrote: »

Thursday isn't it for 3DS and Wii U so probably that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

dmcg90 wrote: »

I saw on my Switch news feed that Master Blaster Zero is out on the 9th (today) for €10.so it'll be sometime today

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bought Metal Slug 3 and finished it in a couple of hours. Nice short burst of nostalgia. Reminds me of holidays abroad when I was younger. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bought Metal Slug 3 and finished it in a couple of hours. Nice short burst of nostalgia. Reminds me of holidays abroad when I was younger. :)

What is the credits situation in that game? Does it give you infinite credits or do you have to restart the game if you screw up enough time like in the arcade version.

Damn, I miss visiting arcade machines while on sun holidays. Had a few high scores on the machines on one Spanish holiday, guy behind the counter gave me a free can of coke when I got pretty far in Metal Slug 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Rhyme wrote: »
    What is the credits situation in that game? Does it give you infinite credits or do you have to restart the game if you screw up enough time like in the arcade version.

Damn, I miss visiting arcade machines while on sun holidays. Had a few high scores on the machines on one Spanish holiday, guy behind the counter gave me a free can of coke when I got pretty far in Metal Slug 1.

You get infinite continues which kinda cheapens the experience if you get me. It kinda rewards constant failure but I love the Metal Slug games and I got my enjoyment out of it.

Planning to have one of the lads over on Friday for 2 player.

I repeat, Shock Troopers for your next hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You get infinite continues which kinda cheapens the experience if you get me. It kinda rewards constant failure but I love the Metal Slug games and I got my enjoyment out of it.

Planning to have one of the lads over on Friday for 2 player.

I get what you mean. But, in a way, I'm glad the later levels won't be locked away from me until I resharpen my twitch-shooting skills.*

*never.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm currently charging my Switch with this charger (£8.50 from Amazon) using this cable (£6.99). Got around 10% charge in 15 mins. earlier, haven't checked it recently. It's at 95% charge now, I think that means I got roughly 40% charge (from around 55%) in an hour from it. Will try playing and charging later to see how it goes. Charger is now ever so slightly warm to the touch, but not in any way alarming.

Edit : OK, today I played it while charging. I forgot to write the numbers down - don't judge me! - In about 30 mins I may have gotten about 3% additional charge. At the very least that charger kept pace with battery expenditure under full Zelda load, and as soon as I put it to sleep it started making ground.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I repeat, Shock Troopers for your next hit!

I think Cidey also mentioned it but Blazing Star is fabulous, would be a great fit for handheld mode with headphones plugged in.

Neo Turf Masters is great also.

Are they as expensive as on the Xbox store though? €6.99 a pop I think I saw.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I bought this 3 pack of USB C adapters.
    Gonna use it with this charger and this USB cable.
    Only just got them and haven't tried it out yet - will report back when I do.
    Works great for charging - no heat ups either...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The HD rumble in Blaster Master is fantastic. For an indie game the integration of it is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just saw as well that Steep (that skiing/snowboarding game) is going to be released for the Switch too. It'd been on my radar for a while, and it's gotten decent enough reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

chrislad wrote: »
    Just saw as well that Steep (that skiing/snowboarding game) is going to be released for the Switch too. It'd been on my radar for a while, and it's gotten decent enough reviews.

Was waiting for this on the Switch too. Any word on a release date?

I've heard it's a bit of a hidden gem. Intro-tutorial takes way longer than it should but once that's done it's an amazing game. So I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Release date is TBD. Looks like a great game though....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got it for PC before it was announced for Switch. It's great in that it offers proper open mountain freedom. Not a massive fan of the wingsuit or the paraglider, but the snowboarding and skiing are great. And you can just switch to walking and hike to any point you like to start off from, if you don't already have a drop zone listed for it. All very smooth and effortless. Feels right too, mechanics/physics wise, with it being a game, they're a bit generous on the damage front, but it really does a good job of nailing the 'feel' of boarding. Best outside of 1080 IMHO. (Speaking of, Nintendo, give us a new 1080 with HD rumble, could be amazing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Next game for me is Isaac on Thursday. Really looking forward to it. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Next game for me is Isaac on Thursday. Really looking forward to it. :)
    Is it on eShop this Thursday ?
    I've never played it and it's looks good, so may go for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Looking forward to hopefully getting the Tomorrow Corporation games this month. Just looked and Shakedown Hawaii isn't out till next month (maybe), was hoping to get all four at the same time so I 'd have something for breaks from LoZ (which is just wishful thinking).

Advertisement