Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,041 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Flashback has now been officially confirmed by Microids.

FLASHBACK 25TH ANNIVERSARY - Nintendo Switch - Teaser Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7lHAfAKJvJ0

I'm interested in seeing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hope its just a redo of the original, the "remake" from a few years back was fairly poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A grounded, logical explanation. Bravo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »

That's amazing, Nintendo saving the gaming industry again.

• Advertisement

February 2018 NPD: PS4 Outsells Nintendo Switch by 30%; Xbox One Takes 2nd Spot

https://wccftech.com/february-npd-ps4-nintendo-switch/

The estimates are:

PS4: 1.3 million
    Xbox One: 1.11 million
    Switch: 1 million
    Others: 0.49 million
    3DS: 0.37 million

Those numbers are very close. The Switch is punching above its weight with the big boys after only one year. I'd say Nintendo are thrilled.

Nintendo Switch firmware update 5.0 contains references to possible hardware refresh – report

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/20/nintendo-switch-firmware-update-5-0-contains-references-to-possible-hardware-refresh-report/

Maybe some of you have heard the rumours but this suggests why it might happen.
    "Multiple vulnerabilities were recently discovered in the Switch firmware that enable installing homebrew software, and inevitably, pirated games. Though Nintendo patched some of these, the general understanding is that the Tegra 210 chip is largely to blame for these, and a permanent software fix may not be possible, hence the upgrade."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know if GameStop is still doing the bonus trade in credit against pre-order?

I have Binding of Iaasc, Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade 2 to trade so if imagine the bonus would be quite high combined?

Also does anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Bayonetta 1&2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, not dissimilar to the mobo updates on most other consoles, where new versions of the boards came along but the end user experience never changed, aside from better reliability and lower power consumption.
    Not exactly a "hardware refresh".
    That would imply a move like the shift from the PS to the PSone or the launch 360 to one of the slim models.
    This is more like the move to the Jasper, a mobo revision on the Xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Could that lead to the earlier models being more sought after for hackable reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Could that lead to the earlier models being more sought after for hackable reasons?

Yep, Switch hacking communities recommending anyone who wants to hack, buy now because once these start shipping with 5.0 it could be the end for a few years. If you've already upgraded to 5.0 I think you're too late to the party though :p

Coolshop have added to the Diablo 3 coming to Switch rumour mill by listing it on their site. I don't think they'd make a mistake like this. They have a price(£47.95) but no release date unfortunately. They say:

"Product has been ordered from our manufacturer but we have not yet received an estimated arrival date."

How and why would you have an order for something if it didn't exist?

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/diablo-iii-3/AF45VY/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if GameStop is still doing the bonus trade in credit against pre-order?

I have Binding of Iaasc, Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade 2 to trade so if imagine the bonus would be quite high combined?

Also does anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Bayonetta 1&2?

Just back from GameStop. Got Bayonetta 1 & 2 and RDR2 preorder for €20 with my three games.

Can't complain about that especially when I got Fire Emblem for free from Amazon.de when I bought my brother's Christmas presents and picked Xenoblade up when Argos listed it at the wrong price at launch (€35 I think).

Looking forward to trying Bayonetta now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Kirby is wayyyy better than that lacklustre demo would suggest.

Agreed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭fixXxer

All three The Banner Saga games coming to the Switch

Was always sorry the Vita version of this never saw the light of day, so great to here this news.

Fantastic. Should have been in the bloody presentation. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Nollog

Nintendo Switch firmware update 5.0 contains references to possible hardware refresh – report

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/20/nintendo-switch-firmware-update-5-0-contains-references-to-possible-hardware-refresh-report/

Maybe some of you have heard the rumours but this suggests why it might happen.

Rumoured to have 8gb of ram. Also most likely a developer unit, retail version would have the same ram as the current chipset.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That looks almost exactly like Rollcage and it's sequel on the PS!
    And no bad thing, those games are excellent, still have them actually!
    Like Wipeout on wheels, with some lovely visuals, though the frame rate does drop to single digits when it's throwing a lot of particles around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hyper Light Drifter coming to Switch during the summer!

Nintendo Switch is the Best-Selling Console in U.S. History Over One Year

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/03/21/nintendo-switch-best-selling-console-in-u-s-history-1-year/

There's one caveat though.
    "The only thing slightly dampening the achievement for Nintendo is that dedicated handhelds are not included in the parameters. If they were, the Switch wouldn't be the best-seller, another Nintendo product would be: the Game Boy Advance."

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Some turnaround from the Wii U all the same. The next couple of months(13 or 14 months after release) is where the Wii exploded in popularity though, so it'll be interesting to see how it compares over the next few months. Still an excellent first year for Nintendo regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Kirby is wayyyy better than that lacklustre demo would suggest.

ABSOLUTELY! THANK YOU!

Something weird about this game is that a lot of the fun and difficulty can be adjusted in game. It's like people complain about not enough difficulty options but then grumble when a developer bakes them into the game.

1 - you can dismiss your allies any time (I usually just have myself and one ally at a time). Take on the bosses on your own is possible for every boss I've seen so far.

2 - you can disable hints in the options making puzzles more difficult.

3 - you can bring in other players (HIGHLY recommend this). For me, 2 player co-op is the optimum way to play the game (dismiss the other allies) but you can go for 3 or 4 player.

My point is that the game is versatile. You can do or not do various things to make the game easier, harder, more social, more fun...

The game is aimed at a younger or more "entry level" audience and it grinds my gears that people complain about that too. It's "too easy" because they weren't trying to appeal to the Dark Souls or even the BOTW or the Super Meat Boy clone audience.

You need a diverse roster of games so that everyone has a cool thing to play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Nintendo Switch is the Best-Selling Console in U.S. History Over One Year

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/03/21/nintendo-switch-best-selling-console-in-u-s-history-1-year/

There's one caveat though.

No caveat.

Best selling HOME console. :P

So I've seen the prices for the releases this week on the eShop. WTF are Koei-Tecmo thinking in charging €70 for Attack on Titan 2? And then there's the Attack on Titan 2 Deluxe Edition for €110. The game is already going to struggle as it is being a niche Japanese anime/manga. And you know what comes with the Deluxe Edition? About 20 costumes that they've deliberately held back and are releasing over the space of a few weeks. There's a few others that you can get for FREE if you pre-order the game or buy it during the launch period, otherwise you've to pay €3 for each costume. Looking at reviews for Switch and PS4 on Metacritic, it's not great either, mid 70's averages.

Agreed, sligeach (for a change) :)

Those prices are going to drop like a stone over the next few months. Reviews aren't great.

• Advertisement

The difference between physical prices and digital always puzzles me, I can only assume its down to Nintendo or Sony or MS themselves, as it makes no sense to me that Amazon can sell Kirby brand new for 38 euro, yet a digital version is 60 and won't be discounted until Nintendo themselves decide they feel like it.

Advertisement