Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grassey wrote: »
    Re-own

What now?
    How did I miss that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What now?
    How did I miss that!!

Good god I don’t know how you missed that! He bought it didn’t use it and stuck up on adverts. There was pictures and everything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

iamtony wrote: »
    Good god I don’t know how you missed that! He bought it didn’t use it and stuck up on adverts. There was pictures and everything!

I can think of well countless better ways to waste money
    #CelticTigerMK2 baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

irishman86 wrote: »
    I can think of well countless better ways to waste money
    #CelticTigerMK2 baby

I doubt he lost money of the sale sligeach is a cute whore so he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Firewatch is coming to Switch this spring.

http://www.firewatchgame.com/switch/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Firewatch is coming to Switch this spring.

http://www.firewatchgame.com/switch/

That would be wonderful for me only have it two years now and, since I bought it, it was out free-ish via PS+.
    Still, for those yet to sample it, it's a remarkable title, quite moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Astro is making a headset for the Nintendo Switch
    Let’s hope that one of the best in the business can create an elegant solution

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/5/17202568/nintendo-switch-headphones-astro-headset

Don’t Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition Announcement & Release Date Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_coIKWg0Xo

Another port of a game on Wii U. It releases on 12th April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Don’t Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition Announcement & Release Date Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_coIKWg0Xo

Another port of a game on Wii U. It releases on 12th April.

And that Wii U game was a port from every other platform.

On the Astro headset I have A50s for the X and A10s for the PS4 and both pairs are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭fixXxer

TitianGerm wrote: »

DONT TAKE THE BAIT!!!!

• Advertisement

On the Astro headset I have A50s for the X and A10s for the PS4 and both pairs are excellent.

Don't Starve is likely to be at least €18 as its American price is $18. It's €14 on Wii U and has been available for less than €5 during sales or just a few Euro if bought through the Russian eShop.

Don't Starve is likely to be at least €18 as its American price is $18. It's €14 on Wii U and has been available for less than €5 during sales or just a few Euro if bought through the Russian eShop.

And what has the price of the game on the Wii U have to do with the price on Switch?

Its €15 on most platforms where it's been out for a while. When it's been out for a while on Switch the price will fall as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So even though it wasn't included in the trailer for some reason, it looks like Spyro trilogy is coming to Switch

https://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/games-nintendo-switch/spyro-the-dragon-remastered/11722150.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Great news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As far as I know, it's a timed exclusive for Sony. It's out on Switch next year.

The trailer had PS4 and XBox One listed

Wild horses couldn't drag me to pick up that game for free.
    Never understood what that Mario64 wannabe had that people found so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wild horses couldn't drag me to pick up that game for free.
    Never understood what that Mario64 wannabe had that people found so good.

Its nothing like Mario 64. The only thing they have in common is genre,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

For one, Mario 64's level design is much more open-ended and non-linear than Crash's.

That is off-topic, as this discussion involves Spyro, not Crash.

Spyro desperately wanted to be Mario 64 but the PlayStation just didn't have the capability, that's how it appeared at the time at least.

• Advertisement

Would be kind of funny if they had a Spyro Amiibo since Spyro was the one that started all this toy to life thing

I don't get why anyone cares for Spyro or Crash. Admittedly I've never played them but they seemed terrible watching footage back in the day. And the Crash Trilogy remake footage only further reinforced those thoughts.

I don't get why anyone cares for Spyro or Crash. Admittedly I've never played them but they seemed terrible watching footage back in the day. And the Crash Trilogy remake footage only further reinforced those thoughts.

Surprise surprise, you have an opinion on something you've no experience with :pac:

Surprise surprise, you have an opinion on something you've no experience with :pac:

I'd better stop commenting on the US Masters so as I've no experience playing in it. The same goes for everyone else or you can use a million and one other analogies.

And it's not entirely true that I've not played them. I played a couple of minutes of Crash Bandicoot back on the PS but didn't see the appeal. And like I've said from footage they seem boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I don't get why anyone cares for Spyro or Crash. Admittedly...

'I'm not racist, but...'

Spyro was a big part of my childhood gaming experience. I started with NES and Gameboy, moved onto the Megadrive and matured with it and then the PS1 was my first feeling of being 'grown up' with a games console. I bought Spyro and Tomb Raider with my own saved money so they've left an indelible mark on my psyche. Spyro was the first game with an obvious* story that I completed by myself so I'm really looking forward to this, I hope it gets a Switch release alongside or not long after the PS4/XBox release.

*a story that is reinforced through gameplay and in-game events and comes to a telegraphed conclusion not 'X has happened, travel these 8 unconnected lands to solve for X'.

I think I was the same as Sligeach but more because I saw the games as just trying to cash in on Mario. Was only later that I learned it's okay to have choice and don't dislike a game just because it's on a system you don't have.
    Crazy concept, I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I learned it's okay to have choice and don't dislike a game just because it's on a system you don't have.

Take that back now!!

If it's not on a Nintendo console it doesn't exist!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sypro is fine but it really is an attempt at a Mario 64 type game but never matching it or even the better Rare games on the system. The PS1 just wasn't capable of delivering the large worlds that the N64 could, although Spyro was a technical masterpiece since it came closer than anything on the system and was ahead of its time with it's streaming system and LoD usage. Pity the gameplay couldn't quite hit the heights of it's peers and there was also waaaaaay too much boring dialogue.

Still, if it comes out at the same price point as the crash trilogy there's no excuse not to buy it. Still good games despite the flaws, just like Crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've never seen what people saw in Crash or Spyro games, though admittedly my experience with them is limited to trying a little bit of one of each of those games. I had more fun with Donkey Kong 64 than either of those. And that's saying something!

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've never seen what people saw in Crash or Spyro games, though admittedly my experience with them is limited to trying a little bit of one of each of those games. I had more fun with Donkey Kong 64 than either of those. And that's saying something!

giphy.gif

Advertisement