Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone getting Skies of Fury tomorrow? I'm quite tempted to be honest.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone getting Skies of Fury tomorrow? I'm quite tempted to be honest.

I'd love too but I can't keep up. Backlog is ridiculous at the moment

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I'm the same. Said I wouldn't have one on Switch and it's starting to build already.

Playing Zelda at the minute but have Bayonetta 1 & 2, Steamworld Dig, Stardew Valley, Oxenfree and Golf Story to go.

I also see Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is down to €20 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

TitianGerm wrote:
    I also see Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is down to €20

Right, I got the original SK on Wii u and steam. I could never understand all the iterations. What dlc do I need to get to complete the game? Spectre?

sweetie wrote: »
    Right, I got the original SK on Wii u and steam. I could never understand all the iterations. What dlc do I need to get to complete the game? Spectre?

I've no clue. Never played it but tempted because of all the positive reviews here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Wrote down a list on my consoles that i have to finish after exam season is finished
    Summer gonna be busy
    Now to break it to the wife :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

irishman86 wrote: »
    Wrote down a list on my consoles that i have to finish after exam season is finished
    Summer gonna be busy
    Now to break it to the wife :pac:

how are you going to finish a console? a hammer? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sweetie wrote: »

There's three expansions within the Treasure Trove - Spectre Knight, Plague Knight, and the upcoming King Knight one. The size of each one is roughly the same size as the main game. Some of the levels repeat, but the way each of the knights play is completely different so traversing the levels, even repeated ones, is completely different.

chrislad wrote: »
    There's three expansions within the Treasure Trove - Spectre Knight, Plague Knight, and the upcoming King Knight one. The size of each one is roughly the same size as the main game. Some of the levels repeat, but the way each of the knights play is completely different so traversing the levels, even repeated ones, is completely different.

Is it worth the €20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it worth the €20?

Definitely. It can be frustrating at the start but once you get the hang of it, it's great fun. They're not long games, but there's some difficult rooms with extras etc, so there's a good bit of replayability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,029 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo is looking for startups to build new Switch accessories
    The search for the next Labo could be on

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/4/12/17229278/nintendo-startups-hardware-switch-accessories-search-venture-capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

sligeach wrote: »
    More talk of Football Manager on Switch.

'Football Manager' will be on Nintendo Switch very soon

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/10/football-manager-switch-soon-nintendo-sega/

https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/977229332132352000

Surprise! Football Manager out today for Nintendo Switch

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-13-surprise-football-manager-out-today-for-nintendo-switch

Edit: O.K. The site has had some sort of mini brain fart.

Edit no.2: It's €30, the Switch tax strikes again.

Edit no.3: It's actually worse, it's in fact €35.

Edit no.4: Different sites are quoting different prices.

pasta-solo wrote: »

Yay, my birthday is sunday was thinking of something i could get myself and there it is :D:D:D:D

Surprise! Football Manager out today for Nintendo Switch

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-13-surprise-football-manager-out-today-for-nintendo-switch

Edit: O.K. The site has had some sort of mini brain fart.

Edit no.2: It's €30, the Switch tax strikes again.

Edit no.3: It's actually worse, it's in fact €35

its 30 off their site for everything. and 30 on steam. 5 euro more ok its switch tax but its not a massive increase

Jotun: Valhalla Edition heading to Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/jotun-valhalla-edition-heading-to-switch/

Bought this on Wii U during a sale at Christmas I think it was, paid just a few Euro. Haven't got around to playing it but reviews were very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I rather play Shaq-Fu on the Megadrive than play a football manager game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

magnumbud wrote: »
    its 30 off their site for everything. and 30 on steam. 5 euro more ok its switch tax but its not a massive increase

€30.78 on South African eshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I like a bit of football management, but the modern games are just too in depth for me. I'll stick with with the original on zx81 or Spectrum. There can't have been many/any football management on Nintendo before was there?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I like a bit of football management, but the modern games are just too in depth for me. I'll stick with with the original on zx81 or Spectrum.

Championship Manager 96 or Premier Manager 98, that's where the real meat was.

These games have gotten far too in-depth for me as well. My limit was the little arrows in CM96 that encouraged your players to wander in that direction occasionally.

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »

I'm reading now that it's €35/£30 on numerous sites. Apparently this isn't the full fat version that's on Steam. I think it's the smartphone version that's been tinkered with and added the 3D Match engine. They call it "streamlined". "Football Manager Touch 2018 on Nintendo Switch is the most immersive football simulation ever created for Nintendo players." That reminds me a bit of EA and how they talked about FIFA 18 on Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I like a bit of football management, but the modern games are just too in depth for me. I'll stick with with the original on zx81 or Spectrum. There can't have been many/any football management on Nintendo before was there?

Championship manager 01/02 is free to download with fan made updates and mods to change the year etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Championship manager 01/02 is free to download with fan made updates and mods to change the year etc.

That game nearly cost me a college degree

I'm reading now that it's €35/£30 on numerous sites. Apparently this isn't the full fat version that's on Steam. I think it's the smartphone version that's been tinkered with and added the 3D Match engine. They call it "streamlined". "Football Manager Touch 2018 on Nintendo Switch is the most immersive football simulation ever created for Nintendo players." That reminds me a bit of EA and how they talked about FIFA 18 on Switch.
    theres actually 3 versions of FM

the full game on steam is 55 euro. the touch version on steam is 30. football manager mobile is 10 euro on andriod.

the touch version has the same size database with a few of the full version features stripped out. some small things like dealing with a player mood, dealing with the press. touch is basically for people with touch screen laptop\tablets.

the mobile version has a hugely reduced database of players and a lot of features missing from even the touch version

I'm going to pick up Football Manager on payday. Last one I had was on iPad and I really enjoyed it.

Here's the trailer for Jotun on Switch.

Jotun: Valhalla Edition Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT9WwG2PRDI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Football Manager is the tablet version, not the mobile version. It includes the 3D match engine from the main series, first time it's been on consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Football manager I think might be buying tonight as not saying no to the touch one when I am going to work ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

manual_man wrote: »
    That game nearly cost me a college degree

Pro Evo gave me an average leaving cert.

So is the Switch version of FM more 'basic' than the full version? That is a positive for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Pac1Man wrote: »
    So is the Switch version of FM more 'basic' than the full version? That is a positive for me.
    It's a bit more basic, but there's still a lot of depth to the Touch versions. It does cut out some stuff like overly in depth press conferences which are fine once or twice, but get very very tedious after a while.

Advertisement