Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For some reason when i played the touch version i didn't feel like my choices had any impact. It felt like i was just watching a simulator go through the motions. So a bit reluctant to bite on switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

For some reason when i played the touch version i didn't feel like my choices had any impact. It felt like i was just watching a simulator go through the motions. So a bit reluctant to bite on switch.

Ah don't say that. :(

Maybe you were just playing Fabregas a bit far forward. With his lack of pace he may have suited a deeper role.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Football manager I think might be buying tonight as not saying no to the touch one when I am going to work ha ha.

Buggy mess on the PC, with a disaster of a scouting system, just bare in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,029 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sega Ages Coming To Nintendo Switch
    DatQmy8W0AAukJm_thumb.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/13/sega-ages-coming-nintendo-switch/

This will be a collection of over 15 titles. They'll start to be available to download in Summer 2018. So far, only 3 of the Sega Ages games have been announced. They are: Sonic the Hedgehog, Thunder Force IV and Phantasy Star.

This announcement came during Sega Festival 2018 where they also announced that they'll be releasing a Sega Mega Drive Mini sometime this year.

And finally Shenmue 1 and 2 were announced for PS4, XB1 and PC. No Switch version was mentioned but I don't see why they can't come, the graphics look the same as back on the Dreamcast.

Anyone pick up Football manager? How does it play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Sega Ages Coming To Nintendo Switch
    DatQmy8W0AAukJm_thumb.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/13/sega-ages-coming-nintendo-switch/

This will be a collection of over 15 titles. They'll start to be available to download in Summer 2018. So far, only 3 of the Sega Ages games have been announced. They are: Sonic the Hedgehog, Thunder Force IV and Phantasy Star.

This announcement came during Sega Festival 2018 where they also announced that they'll be releasing a Sega Mega Drive Mini sometime this year.

And finally Shenmue 1 and 2 were announced for PS4, XB1 and PC. No Switch version was mentioned but I don't see why they can't come, the graphics look the same as back on the Dreamcast.

So these are individual downloads, rather than a compilation? That makes sense, but there's only so many times they can keep re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-releasing those games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Football manager I think might be buying tonight as not saying no to the touch one when I am going to work ha ha.

Yup, just had to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Any opinion on Football Manager on Switch?
    Might buy it next season as this one is nearly over & I'm not sure are they any good to update the squads for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ERG89 wrote: »
    Might buy it next season as this one is nearly over & I'm not sure are they any good to update the squads for it.

I'm waiting to hear if it can be updated manually or by the community before i commit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm waiting to hear if it can be updated manually or by the community before i commit...

Can any other console version? If not then I doubt the Switch version can.

• Advertisement

Valkyria Chronicles 4 First Nintendo Switch Gameplay Revealed, Delayed to Fall in Japan; Original Valkyria Chronicles Announced
    Sega showcased the very first look at the Nintendo Switch version of Valkyria Chronicles 4, and announced the upcoming port of the original game.

https://www.dualshockers.com/valkyria-chronicles-4-nintendo-switch-first-gameplay/

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/985433569328742400?s=19

Valkyria Chronicles 1 on the way so switch as well. Hopefully in the west as there's already a localisation so shouldn't be a problem. Very good game too.

EDIT: God dammit sligeach :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

ERG89 wrote: »

I got it, but have only put a few minutes into it. Started unemployed, before Oxford United came a calling.

I'm finding it a bit counter-intuitive thus far. Maybe the controls will click with me after a bit, but it took me an age to put in a loan offer and I gave up before I figured out how to make an offer to a free agent.

Mind you, I am notoriously thick at controls. My game play in Elite: Dangerous on Xbox One mainly consisted of me crashing into the hull of the parent ship while trying to leave

In theory, I should prefer a more cut down FM experience. I'm a Championship Manager 01/02 man. No real need for press conferences. Just buy To Madeira, Maxim Tsigalko and some random Swedes. Jobs done!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can any other console version? If not then I doubt the Switch version can.

It isn't on any other console. But I can't see anyway in which it could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Not a hope you'll be able to get an update for FM next season. There is an in game editor (in the other touch versions) which in theory would allow you to do it but you'd have to do it all yourself. When not on PC its impossible really. The touch version is being mistaken for the mobile version here, they are not the same. The mobile version is a bit like CM 01/02, very pared back. The touch version is broadly the same as the full fat PC version except for some elements removed but tactics that work in the main game often work in the touch version. It is not, as some are saying a pick up and play thing, its complicated and tactics and transfers need to be done properly so don't buy it if you think you'll be leading Shamrock Rovers to the CL in your first season.

I'd be tempted next season by a switch version but its pointless buying it now, they (SI) did this with the first touch release that came out on iPads etc, released it in early summer with the new season just around the corner and no hope of updating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I used to love playing older FM/CM games, picking up young Ronaldo and young Messi for my fledgling Fulham side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Came across this on the NVC Facebook group.
    CellarDoorGames are bringing Rogue Legacy to the Switch. Such a great game and a brilliant fit for the console.

https://twitter.com/CellarDoorGames/status/983397103773757440

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr E wrote: »
    Came across this on the NVC Facebook group.
    CellarDoorGames are bringing Rogue Legacy to the Switch. Such a great game and a brilliant fit for the console.

https://twitter.com/CellarDoorGames/status/983397103773757440

I guess I'm buying that for the third time then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Maybe a stupid question, but looking to buy a game for a child for her birthday. Its a pre order, does that mean it will be DISPATCHED on the release date, or i will RECEIVE it on the release date so it would be sent out a few days earlier?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOO

Yes, hands up, we’ve been a bit quiet for a while. But we promise it’s because we’ve been far too busy working on covert goodness, and not because we’ve been down the pub for 4 months. Soon we’ll start talking more actively, both about extra content for Yooka-Laylee, plus… other stuff. Shhh!

https://www.playtonicgames.com/one/

Plus, here's a competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

any suggestions for games to buy lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Pac-man Vs. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »

They seem to be making a big deal of a, at best, 7/10 game, and that's being kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Steamworld Dig 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They seem to be making a big deal of a, at best, 7/10 game, and that's being kind.

Company makes big deal about company's own product. Not really a shock is it?

It'd be some guerilla advertising to say "Yay, a birthday for our game, yeah it was a bit average and we could have done better but woo hoo?"

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Gal*Gun 2 just got released

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jester77 wrote: »
    Gal*Gun 2 just got released

It really is a NSFW game... I got it for my PS4, tried it out, immediately deleted it before my 14 year old son or my not 14 year old wife saw it.
    I'm not saying it's not fun, but it is filth!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It really is a NSFW game... I got it for my PS4, tried it out, immediately deleted it before my 14 year old son or my not 14 year old wife saw it.
    I'm not saying it's not fun, but it is filth!

yip, didn't even get a rating here in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Looks like there's an NBA Playgrounds 2 coming soon. Would need to be a serious improvement on the last game to get me to buy.

The last BB game I enjoyed was NBA Jam!
    giphy.gif
    Bring this to the Switch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

street hoop is all you need ,neogeo awesomeness ;) and already there!

Advertisement