Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

on a slightly related note i would love an nhl hitz. had one on the gamecube pretty much just nba jam but with ice hockey

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

geotrig wrote: »
    street hoop is all you need ,neogeo awesomeness ;) and already there!

Yeah, but old skool is better, I mean I can play Blazing Star on my Switch but I'd rather play Thunderforce IV any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Looks like there's an NBA Playgrounds 2 coming soon. Would need to be a serious improvement on the last game to get me to buy.

Wow. That's amazing. The first one was very poor. The only "benefit" is that I get Shaq Fu for free. Remains to be seen if that's worth the bandwidth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I picked up Playgrounds after the updates to make it not ****.
    I will admit : It's not ****. but that's about as good as it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just read on Facebook that the switch version of dark souls has been delayed until "the summer". Other versions still coming out on time. See Namco Bandai Twitter for announcement...

On mobile so can't post link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote: »
    I just read on Facebook that the switch version of dark souls has been delayed until "the summer". Other versions still coming out on time. See Namco Bandai Twitter for announcement...

On mobile so can't post link.

Fits perfectly for a game that punishes you for playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,029 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Here's an article confirming the news of Dark Souls: Remastered delay on Switch.

'Dark Souls: Remastered' on Nintendo Switch Delayed to 'Later This Summer."
    PS4, Xbox One and Steam versions still hit in May.

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/dark-souls-remastered-delay-1202755438/

Speaking of delays, it could be a long time before we see Dragon Quest XI on Switch.

Dragon Quest XI Interview — Producer Talks Switch Version, Localization, Story and Much More
    J: Square made a statement to the press recently mentioning that the development of the Switch version will take a long time. Could you give us any info about the stage of development the Switch version is in, and possibly quantify this “long time” a bit more precisely?

HO: Unfortunately we can’t quantify the time frame yet based on the current situation, but we can let you know what we’re currently doing. To give you some background, when we were initially developing XI we did have the Switch version in our outlook for the platforms we wanted to release the game on. That being said, at that moment in time the SDK (Software Development Kit) for the Nintendo Switch wasn’t ready, which means we couldn’t start working on the port of game.

Now that the SDK is ready and the engine supports it we were able to startworking to support that platform for the game. That being said, the version of Unreal Engine 4 that supports the Switch is actually a version that’s higher than what Dragon Quest XI was built on, so that means we need to upgrade the engine and that comes with a slew of issues.

Right now we’re in the midst of resolving all those issues. Of course, we did consider bringing the Switch version out at the same time at the same time as the PS4 and PC versions but that meant since we don’t have a precise outlook on the development timerframe, we still believe it’s going to be a long way out.

We wanted our consumers on the PS4 and PC to experience the game overseas as soon as possible, which is why we’re leading with the release of these platforms version in September.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-11-interview/

He also talks about why it's not getting a Western 3DS release.
    Jordan: We heard that the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI is not going to be released in the West. Could you elaborate a little bit on the reasoning behind this decision?

Hokuto Okamoto: One of the concepts in developing Dragon Quest XI was to essentially serve as a culmination for the history of the series that has spanned 30 years. Of course, we were interested in existing fans and consumers to enjoy the Dragon Quest XI experience as well but we also wanted new players to have the opportunity to experience this game from the get go.

Considering that we haven’t released a mainline numbered Dragon Quest game for the past thirteen years or so on consoles — it’s been since Dragon Quest VIII — we were looking at various options for what would be the best way to bring this game onto market in the overseas territories and we truly felt that the PS4 and PC version would be the best outlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

So what's summer ,it could be only a couple of weeks delay really ! I'd rather it was somebit right,rather than released early to be patched at a later date

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Here's an article confirming the news of Dark Souls: Remastered delay on Switch.

'Dark Souls: Remastered' on Nintendo Switch Delayed to 'Later This Summer."
    PS4, Xbox One and Steam versions still hit in May.

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/dark-souls-remastered-delay-1202755438/

Well sh1t

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    so whats summer ,it could be only a couple of weeks delay really ! I'd rather it was sombit right,rather than released early to be patched at a later date

If it's anything like Nintendo's definition of Summer, it could be right up to September and even into October. :D

japans summer months are june to august so who knows, bandai namco being japanese

Here's the debut trailer for NBA Playgrounds 2.

NBA Playgrounds 2 - Debut Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOGq4X1Rnk

OCTOPATH TRAVELER – Paths of Noble acts and Rogue decisions (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVuvEcrlGxQ

Hoping for a PES game in the future on Switch? Well this isn't great news.

Konami to end partnership with UEFA

http://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/news/newsid=2551744.html#/2551744?iv=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Hoping for a PES game in the future on Switch? Well this isn't great news.

Konami to end partnership with UEFA

http://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/news/newsid=2551744.html#/2551744?iv=true

Why isn't it good news?

Pro always had a "Europe Cup" in the game before they bought the license for Champions League. It'll go back to that again now I'd imagine.

Closed Nightmare for PS4 and Nintendo Switch Gets Japanese Release Date, Trailer, and Screenshots
    Nippon Ichi Software revealed Closed Nightmare, a cinematic horror adventure for PS4 and Switch that will release next July in Japan.

https://www.dualshockers.com/closed-nightmare-ps4-nintendo-switch-gets-japanese-release-date-trailer-screenshots/

CLOSED NIGHTMARE trailer movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3gHDtt_4fw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why isn't it good news?

Pro always had a "Europe Cup" in the game before they bought the license for Champions League. It'll go back to that again now I'd imagine.

Konami seem to be slowly losing interest in making full blown video games these days. They make more money off Pachinko machines in Japan than anything else.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the next PES game is the last or 2nd last.
    They just announced a new Castlevania game but its only on iOS.
    Their last Metal Gear Game came and went with little fanfair.

Its not looking good for them.

Konami seem to be slowly losing interest in making full blown video games these days. They make more money off Pachinko machines in Japan than anything else.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the next PES game is the last or 2nd last.
    They just announced a new Castlevania game but its only on iOS.
    Their last Metal Gear Game came and went with little fanfair.

Its not looking good for them.

think they make money off of the MyClub mode like FUT so i wouldnt be surprised if they kept at that. at the end of the day losing the UEFA rights all it really changes is the official name on the cup and the music playing around those games in your career

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Character Highlight Series Trailer #2 - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynRbfs7i7Q0

magnumbud wrote: »
    think they make money off of the MyClub mode like FUT so i wouldnt be surprised if they kept at that. at the end of the day losing the UEFA rights all it really changes is the official name on the cup and the music playing around those games in your career

Yes, but a lot of people buy the game for the license, regardless of whether or not PES is a better game than FIFA. The presentation and marketing are worth more than the game - no doubt EA will announce Champions League for FIFA 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

chrislad wrote: »
    Yes, but a lot of people buy the game for the license, regardless of whether or not PES is a better game than FIFA. The presentation and marketing are worth more than the game - no doubt EA will announce Champions League for FIFA 19.

Adam Bhatti tweeted that they have big plans. I’m disappointed of course that the UEFA deal has come to an end but I’m optomistic, he’s very trustworthy.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Adam Bhatti tweeted that they have big plans. I’m disappointed of course that the UEFA deal has come to an end but I’m optomistic, he’s very trustworthy.

Good to hear. I've always preferred it, but they put a sour taste in my mouth with the last version of PES I bought on the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Konami have been on a slow but gradual wind-down as a traditional games developer for a long time now. It'll be all health clubs, slot machines and IOS apps in a few years.

chrislad wrote: »
    Good to hear. I've always preferred it, but they put a sour taste in my mouth with the last version of PES I bought on the PC.

i much prefer pes but the pc versions online is so full of cheaters it becomes too frustrating. the dos attack trick was so rampant i would say i had 7 or 8 out of 10 games where i would get into the lead and suddenly the game would lag to the point it quit and cause of they were overloading my network with packages it would be seen as me quitting and they would be awarded the win so i just gave up and didnt buy this years version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It's very sad to see. A lot of quality IP that may never see the light of day again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I hope some other company buys them up and gets all thier old ips, would love to play a good 2d castlevania with updated models and the like.

Advertisement