Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q282G 5.8G FPV With 2.0MP Camera 6-Axis RC Hexacopter RTF €35.16 from Banggood

• 15-01-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

The remote control with LCD screen on it's own must be worth a bit. 
    This is just over the threshold for import fees so it may get stopped at customs.
    If it does, expect to pay An post €7 and Customs €7.35 which totals an extra €14.35.
    In my opinion that would still make it an okay price, but does take some of the sparkle away from the offer.
    You have to use the code A45e4f to get the price to drop at the checkout.
    http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-Q282G-5_8G-FPV-With-2_0MP-HD-Camera-6-Axis-RC-Hexacopter-Quadcopter-RTF-p-992822.html

There are reviews and video footage at the bottom of the page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got one there for the craic.
    Any idea if u can buy a larger battery for it? Apparently I only get about 5 minutes with the stock battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Any idea if u can buy a larger battery for it? Apparently I only get about 5 minutes with the stock battery.

Can't find larger capacity, but you could get spares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I do not see any (same as above). I see some sets http://www.rcmoment.com/li-poly-2124/p-rm4626.html
    But i do not see them as any use, because then you need to bring back the drone and refit a new battery and send it back up. I know it does not go crazy distances, but i would not want to keep doing that anyway.
    I wonder would something like this work? - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot-Li-Poly-Battery-1000mAh-3-7V-Syma-X5SW-X5SC-Spare-Part-MJX-T04-T05/32612920349.html
    As it is a 1s connector or plug that it uses.
    I saw on another forum a few weeks ago, something about the connectors, but i stupidly thought i would remember and i did not save it.
    I think if we can find out what connector it uses for sure, and we can replace it with a 'LiPo 3.7V 2000mAh' 1s connector for example.

Some information on the type of battery here
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7v-550mah-Lipo-battery-6pcs-batteries-and-charger-for-wltoys-v977-v930-rc-Helicopter-drone/32767894045.html

Got stung for customs on this. Ragin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

What price were they a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

how much they looking for?

Just under €8. So with the An Post handling fee of €7, the bloke at the door was looking for just under €15. Can't remember exact figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

What's the actual product like? Worth the few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 joefromireland

Just under €8. So with the An Post handling fee of €7, the bloke at the door was looking for just under €15. Can't remember exact figure.

In what circumstances does this apply ?
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1179.html
    4.1 General

Relief from payment of Customs Duty and VAT is allowed on gifts consigned to an individual living in Ireland, from outside of the EU, provided the Customs value (this is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage) costs (CIF value)) of the goods does not exceed €45. (In the case of tobacco products, alcohol products, perfumes or toilet waters the relief is confined to Customs Duty only, and only provided a quantitative limit is not exceeded

4.4 More than one item in a "gift" consignment

Where a consignment consists of two or more items of an aggregate value exceeding €45, relief will still be given for those items the total value of which does not exceed this amount. However, it is important to understand that the value of an individual item cannot be split up.

4.1 General

Relief from payment of Customs Duty and VAT is allowed on gifts consigned to an individual living in Ireland, from outside of the EU, provided the Customs value (this is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage) costs (CIF value)) of the goods does not exceed €45. (In the case of tobacco products, alcohol products, perfumes or toilet waters the relief is confined to Customs Duty only, and only provided a quantitative limit is not exceeded

Where a consignment consists of two or more items of an aggregate value exceeding €45, relief will still be given for those items the total value of which does not exceed this amount. However, it is important to understand that the value of an individual item cannot be split up.

That looks like gifts only. This wasnt marked as a gift.

The product itself is OK. I can't get it to hover in a stable position. It keeps veering off one side.
    I was trying to adjust it as best I could but each time I was getting used to it, the battery wasted. It only lasts a few minutes, and I'm not even using the camera!

• Advertisement

4.1 General

That looks like gifts only. This wasnt marked as a gift.

The product itself is OK. I can't get it to hover in a stable position. It keeps veering off one side.
    I was trying to adjust it as best I could but each time I was getting used to it, the battery wasted. It only lasts a few minutes, and I'm not even using the camera!
    Try replacing the propellers (Spares come with) one propeller is likely at fault.

Battery is short yep, 6-7 minutes. You cn buy a larger capacity but i think the maximum is 15 minutes for this.

Try replacing the propellers (Spares come with) one propeller is likely at fault.

Battery is short yep, 6-7 minutes. You can buy a larger capacity but i think the maximum is 15 minutes for this.

Advertisement