Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop frames/chassis to suit MB's profiles...?

Options
  • 15-01-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I used to build up PC's, desktops, but stopped. I have 2 laptops that I wanted to speed up a bit and managed to stick a SSD into the i5 I have, It now boots up in 10sec!!
    My question is , does anyone have any sited where you can buy just the chassis of a laptop to suit say a more powerful motherboard, if I were to get another motherboard. It seems hard to get laptop cases to match the profiles of the motherboards and I'm not sure if these are available or not??
    I can build up a laptop no problem, is getting things to fit...lol:rolleyes:
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No.

There's the likes of Clevo sell to system integrators but no reason to try and buy their stuff individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AFAIK there is no standardised laptop motherboard like on desktop (i.e. ATX, m-ATX, ITX)

Advertisement