Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porridge Bread Calories

• 15-01-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey,

Quick question from those in the know. Made a loaf of porridge bread today and measured out all my ingredients (350g oats, 500g yogurt, 3 tbsp oil etc.) and done up the total calories in the ingredients (2620 kcal). So when it was baked I weighed it myself and divided the calories by the weight in grams to see how many calories per gram (for easy tracking on myfitnesspal).

Had a slice of it this evening and its coming out at 328 calories for an 82g slice which seems very calorie dense (I know they're good clean calories).

My question is am I right with all of the above? Assuming I am but wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Yeah I calculated it before and it was about that. Was not worth it for me considering the relatively low protein ratio. Also good clean calories mean nothing if they put you over your calories for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

That'd be ballpark what I calculated it before. It is a nice swap, but a slice is nearly the same as 4 slices of a multiseed/ multigrain loaf. That was just too much for me really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I make porridge bread with the following main ingredients: 300g oats, 1 large egg, 500g Fage Total 0% yogurt, 1 tbsp flax seed, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, and 1 tbsp sesame seeds.

Total calories of raw ingredients is 1,650 kcal.

I'm not sure how much the loaf weighs.

What's your full recipe OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

350g oats, 500g natural yogurt, 2 tsp baking soda, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 100ml milk and a pinch of sea salt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Quick question from those in the know. Made a loaf of porridge bread today and measured out all my ingredients (350g oats, 500g yogurt, 3 tbsp oil etc.) and done up the total calories in the ingredients (2620 kcal).

Had a slice of it this evening and its coming out at 328 calories for an 82g slice which seems very calorie dense (I know they're good clean calories).
    Oats are close to 4cals/g, oil is c.9cals/g, the yogurt is maybe 2cal/g.
    Averaging about 3cal/g, which gets higher when you remove moisture.
    The finished bread being 4cal/g sounds right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement