Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Upon recommendation of this thread, I went to Crew on Shop Street for an auld 10 euro haircut. Not gonna post an anti-recommendation here as of course my experience was subjective, but I absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt was not impressed. Felt like I was a sheep being sheared. All speed, no attention to detail. The barber spent the entire time looking around her almost on auto pilot, not looking at what they were doing, and in the end didn't even give me the cut I wanted, but had the cape whipped off me and someone else in the chair before I could even give it a proper inspection.

It'll be a while before I'm due another one, but I'm always interested in finding a good barber.

The guys down near Terryland Fruit & Veg are quite good, but you wouldn't want to be in a rush, as they painstakingly craft your hair. Still, very warm and friendly environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Upon recommendation of this thread, I went to Crew on Shop Street for an auld 10 euro haircut. Not gonna post an anti-recommendation here as of course my experience was subjective, but I absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt was not impressed. Felt like I was a sheep being sheared. All speed, no attention to detail. The barber spent the entire time looking around her almost on auto pilot, not looking at what they were doing, and in the end didn't even give me the cut I wanted, but had the cape whipped off me and someone else in the chair before I could even give it a proper inspection.

It'll be a while before I'm due another one, but I'm always interested in finding a good barber.

The guys down near Terryland Fruit & Veg are quite good, but you wouldn't want to be in a rush, as they painstakingly craft your hair. Still, very warm and friendly environment.

On recommendation here, went to Turks Barbers Renmore ( Dublin Rd). Well pleased with outcome , barber was attentive and not rushed although place was busy, and a pleasant guy too, I've had similar experiences to yours in other barbers, too busy, one cut suits all etc.

Advertisement