If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new 5.1 setup

Options
  • 15-01-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Im looking at a new 5.1 setup for a relativly small room.

Im thinking Kef

2x q500 fronts
    2x q100 rear
    1 q 200 centre
    and maybe a different sub as i hear the sub q400 is poor enough. Ill probably add 2 ceiling speakers for Atmos if you have any decent ones

Ill probably be getting a Pioneer VSX-1131 to run it all, which i can source seperatly

Can you give me your best price on it thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

aidankkk wrote: »
    Im looking at a new 5.1 setup for a relativly small room.

Im thinking Kef

2x q500 fronts
    2x q100 rear
    1 q 200 centre
    and maybe a different sub as i hear the sub q400 is poor enough. Ill probably add 2 ceiling speakers for Atmos if you have any decent ones

Ill probably be getting a Pioneer VSX-1131 to run it all, which i can source seperatly

Can you give me your best price on it thanks 
    Hi aidankkk,

For that system the best price I could do on the Kefs would be: £737.

If you are looking for a good sub to go with these speakers I would recommend either the Monitor Audio Bronze W10 at £449 or the Q Acoustics Q3070 at£319. Both of these subs pack a good punch.

For in ceiling speakers you can't go wrong with the Monitor Audio CT165. These usually retail at £105 each but with the package I could do them for £85 each.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.