Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

co-ed secondary schools Dub Sth

• 15-01-2017 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for co-ed secondary schools around the Dunlaoghaire / Blackrock / Stillorgan areas (and within close proximity to these areas).

They must be non fee paying and preferably non-denominational.

I'm also against having to fork out a fee which I can't afford, to submit an application for my kids. Do any schools accept applications within insisting on a fee of 100 Eur approx.??

Any info/advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Newpark is an obvious one and that's in Blackrock. Technically there aren't "non denominational" schools in Ireland, they are multi denominational

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

I should've mentioned that I have my child's name down for this school since the first week they started in one of the feeder schools, but I need to get application forms into a few other schools incase they don't get a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

there doesn't seem to be any others, the other ones I can think of are fee paying Andrews and Killians.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A lot of community schools are non denominational and co-ed, have you looked at any of those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Toots wrote: »
    A lot of community schools are non denominational and co-ed, have you looked at any of those?

They aren't really. The co-ed ETB school near us is very reluctant to allow opting out of the RE programme and has masses and prayers during the school day. Religious bodies often sit on the boards of management of these schools also, and impact on the ethos of the school. There aren't any non-denom schools in Ireland funded by the state, all have some sort of religious influence or are multi denom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement