Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights tenants

Options
  • 15-01-2017 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, looking for some advice. I have lived with my partner for 1 year 3 months unfortunately we broke up recently and he requested that I move out of the place we rented. We just renewed the lease on property in September. We had an agreement that he would pay for the rent. Both our names are on the lease. I was wondering if he could come after me for the price of the rent paid because the agreement we had was verbal? Also if I get my name taken off the lease because no longer living there will landlord be allowed increase rent because it's change of lease? Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You really need to talk to a lawyer/solicitor about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sayuriH

mp22 wrote: »
    You really need to talk to a lawyer/solicitor about that.

Thanks I knw this but at this moment I don't have the cash to get advice I've applied to get free legal aid but they are really busy at this time and because there is no violence involved they said it could take some time. Was hoping someone here could help. Thanks

Advertisement